Quaid-i-Azam University promotes higher education within the country while encouraging Pakistani nationals and extends it to the foreign nationals seeking entrance to the University. The University is rated amongst the best institutions of the region and follows the Higher Education Commission’s (HEC) criteria to entertain the foreign students.
HEC, in collaboration with various administrative agencies has streamlined the admission procedure for foreign students. The main objective for reviewing admission procedure is to facilitate and encourage foreign nationals to secure admission in Pakistan.
1. A foreign student seeking entrance to the University is to apply in the QAU and to get the letter of confirmation of admission.
- The University will send a copy of admission letter to
- HEC to confirm and endorse admission to the Ministry of Interior
2. A student approaches the Pakistani mission in his respective country for the visa and submits the following documents (The student can also forward his/her documents through the Embassy/High Commission of his/ her own country in Pakistan):
- Application Form (Student Visa Form)
- Photocopy of passport
- Educational documents with equivalence certificate
- Admission letter of the University
3. The Pakistani mission abroad forwards all documents to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad for further process.
4. Ministry of Foreign Affairs forwards all documents to Ministry of Interior for security clearance with a
- Copy to Ministry of Education/Health
- Copy to HEC
5. Ministry of Interior as per policy processes within 4 weeks and sends visa advice to Mission concerned and a
- Copy to HEC
- Copy to Ministry of Foreign Affairs
6. HEC sends information of visa advice by mail/email to:
- University, and
- Ministry of Education/Health
7. Visa is issued for full span of studies to be annually renewed inclusive of security clearance.