Applications are invited for admission to Master’s programme from the applicants who possess at least second class Bachelor or its equivalent from a recognized University in the following subjects on or before 18-08-2016 by all means:
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor or equivalent relevant degree at least in second division (45% marks) from a recognized University.
- An applicant must have studied the courses, if any, which are specified in the prospectus (provided alongwith admission form) as pre-requisite for admission to the subject seeking admission in.
- An applicant must qualify entry test, (if required) for the subject seeking admission in. The subjects for which entry test is required are given below under the heading ‘ENTRY TEST.’
- An applicant who has either Bachelor degree or Higher Secondary School Certificate or both from a foreign institution, must obtain equivalence certificate from a competent authority and must get his/her grades converted in marks from a competent authority.
The following are not eligible for admission to Master’s programme:
- Those who have failed in Master’s Programme of this University;
- Those who have ceased to be the student of this University;
- Those who already possess a Master or an equivalent degree from this or any other University;
- Students who are already on rolls of the M.Sc. Programme of this University or any other University.
- For Anthropology/Sociology, applicants with any degree of more than 14-years are not eligible.
How To Apply
- The Admission Forms can be downloaded from the QAU website (click here to download ), alongwith a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. amounting to Rs.2000/-. Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus..
- The applicants are advised to deposit the same in the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (throughout the country with bank charges, non-refundable).
- The Bank Challan should be attached with the downloaded Admission Form alongwith other requisite documents, otherwise the application will not be entertained.
- The applicants are advised to fill/opt the priorities carefully because once filled, the Subject Priorities shall not be changed in any case. An applicant can opt for a maximum of three priorities of subjects either on Regular OR on Self Finance and/or on both basis in the same subjects 3 (R) + 3 (S) =6.
- The priorities of the subjects shall remain intact till the applicant gets admission against his/her first priority OR finalization of the admission process whichever is earlier. The dues/fee paid by the applicant, according to the earlier merit list shall automatically be shifted/adjusted accordingly if his/her name appears in a subsequent list (s) against the filled priorities;
Admissions On Regular (Regional Quota) And Self-Finance Basis
- Admissions on Regular basis (Normal Fee) shall be granted strictly on merit subject to Provincial/Regional Quota.
- A limited number of seats shall be filled on Self-Finance basis only on merit irrespective of Provincial/Regional Quota.
- Merit shall be determined on the basis of academic performance in previous degrees and certificates without giving any credit to the score (s) in Entry Test.
- Applicants seeking admission in the following subjects are required to appear in the Entry Test on the date, time and venue mentioned below.
- Applicants appearing in the Entry Test must bring original CNIC and Admission Form Receipt for identification.
- Entry test is just for short-listing and its score shall not be counted to determine merit.
- The Entry Test shall be conducted as per schedule given below: -
|S.#||DISCIPLINE||DATE||TIME||DAY||VENUE AT QAU|
|1.||Psychology||24-08-16||09.30.A.M||Wednesday||National Institute of Psychology|
|2.||Sociology||24-08-16||11.30.A.M||Wednesday||BS Building at QAU Campus|
Equivalence Certificates And Conversion Of Grades Into Marks
Applicants having foreign certificates/degrees should provide equivalence certificates and conversion of the grades into marks from HEC, Islamabad for Bachelor level degrees and from Inter Board Committee for Matric and Intermediate levels. Certificates/Degrees with CGPA of local Universities/Institutions also require conversion of grades into marks from the Universities/Institutions concerned in Pakistan.
Display Of Merit Lists
|1.||DISPLAY OF 1ST MERIT LIST||30-08-2016|
|2.||DISPLAY OF 2ND MERIT LIST||05-09-2016|
|3.||DISPLAY OF 3RD MERIT LIST||12-09-2016|
|4.||DISPLAY OF 4TH MERIT LIST||19-09-2016|
|5.||DISPLAY OF 5TH MERIT LIST (if required)||22-09-2016|
- The University Hostel accommodations will be provided on availability of seats.
The University is providing scholarships/financial assistance to the deserving Pakistani National students seeking Admission at Master’s programme of the University in collaboration with the Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal, HEC/USAID and other donor agencies. For detail please visit QAU scholarship page.Scholarships are available in the University subject to the following conditions: -
- The Scholarship will be provided only to the poor and deserving Pakistani National students.
- The authenticity of the information can be verified by cross-checking of the data provided.
- The scholarship will be offered up to the level of funds available and number of slots provided by donor agencies.
- The applicant can obtain/send the Need Base Scholarship Form to the office of the Financial Assistance Room No.17, Admin. Block, QAU, Islamabad (Phone No.051-90644030-05190644091) OR directly download form QAU or HEC website.The duly filled HEC-need base Scholarship & USAID Funded Merit & Scholarship Forms should be submitted to Scholarship Office with the supporting documents at the time of submission of QAU form or the date announced by the office of Students Financial Assistance (OSFA) QAU separately.
- The QAU will review the applications and only short-listed candidates will be called for the interview.
- In case of incorrect/misleading information or concealment of facts, the University shall have a right to refuse/ cancel the admission and expel the applicant (student) from the University;
- The admitted students will have to submit their original Migration Certificates from the institution last attended within 15-days from the date of admission;
- To avoid any inconvenience please attach all the required documents (in triplicate) with the admission forms within stipulated time/period. However, the last date to submit left-over documents such as B.A/B.Sc. Result Cards/Domicile etc. along with the required fee amounting to Rs.1000/- is 24-08-2016;;(click here to download undertaking)
- Data of all applicants shall be available on the University website 20-08-2016; and will be refreshed on 23-08-2016;
- Please contact on Ph No.051-90643265 to rectify the errors/mistakes in the data, if any by 23-08-2016 at the latest.
- The Admission Forms sent by Post/Courier/TCS must reach in the University on or before 18-08-2016; No Admission Form will be received or entertained after due date in any case.
- The office of Assistant Registrar (Admission) at the back of (DRSM), Library, QAU will remain open to receive the left over
documents from Monday-Friday. The applicants may submit their documents by hand or by e-mail with reference to their allotted Registration Number/Tracking ID to: (email@example.com)
- No call letter/phone call shall be made separately for selection; applicants are advised to visit QAU website frequently.
(MUHAMMAD SABIR KHAN)