>> Download Admission Data Summary Sheet with supporting documents (Only for MSc)
>> Download Admission Notice
>> Merit Calculator
Applications are invited for admission to Master’s Programme from the applicants who possess at least a second class Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from HEC recognized University in the following subjects by 03-01-2017 positively:
|Natural Sciences||Biological Sciences||Social Sciences|
2. Computer Sciences
3. Earth Sciences
5. Information Technology
|1. Animal Sciences
4. Plant Sciences
5. Environmental Sciences
3. BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies)
4. Defence & Strategic Studies
5. Gender Studies
7. Public Administration (MPA)
8. Pakistan Studies
Note: Minimum duration of the above mentioned M.Sc/MPA/BBS Programme is 2-years (4-semesters).
- Applicants must possess a bachelor or equivalent degree (14-years) at least in second division (45% marks) from HEC recognized university.
- An applicant must have studied the courses, if any, which are specified in the QAU Prospectus available online at QAU website as pre-requisite for admission to the subject seeking admission in.
- An applicant must pass entry test with at least 40% marks, (if required) for the subject seeking admission in. The subjects for which entry test is required are given below under the heading ‘ENTRY TEST.’
The following are not eligible for admission to Master’s programme:
- Those who have failed in Master’s Programme of this University;
- Those who have ceased to be the student of this University;
- Those who already possess a Master or an equivalent degree from this or any other University (exempted for applicants of Computer Science (Self-Finance), MPA and Archaeology;
- Students who are already on rolls of the M.Sc. Programme of this University or any other University.
- For Anthropology/Sociology, applicants with any degree of more than 14-years are not eligible.
How To Apply
- The Admission Data Summary Sheet can be downloaded from the QAU website (click here to download ), along with a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. amounting to Rs.2000/-. Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus.
- The applicants are advised to deposit the same in the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (throughout the country with bank charges, non-refundable).
- The Bank Challan should be attached with the downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet along with other requisite documents; otherwise the application will not be entertained.
- The Downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet along with all relevant attested documents can be sent by Post/Courier on the following address: -
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (ADMISSIONS),
(CAMP OFFICE) AT THE BACK OF CENTRAL LIBRARY,
QUAID-I-AZAM UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD (45320)
- The applicants are advised to fill/opt the priorities carefully because once filled, the Subject Priorities shall not be changed. An applicant can opt for a maximum of three priorities of subjects either on Regular OR on Self Finance and/or on both basis in the same subjects 3 (R) + 3 (S) =6.
- The priorities of the subjects shall remain intact till the applicant gets admission against his/her first priority OR finalization of the admission process whichever is earlier. The dues/fee paid by the applicant, according to the earlier merit list shall automatically be shifted/adjusted accordingly if his/her name appears in a subsequent list (s) against the filled priorities;
|S#||Details of Seats||Terms/Condition/Requirements||No. of Seats|
|1.||Children of Army Personnel||The seats will be filled ONLY on the nomination of GHQ.||01-seat in each Department|
|2.||Disabled Persons||The seats will be filled subject to the condition that the disabled person must provide his/her disability certificate duly issued by the District Assessment Board along with other conditions as approved by the University Statutory Bodies.||01-seat in each Department|
|3.||Minorities||The seats will be filled subject to production of certificate from the Institution last attended. An authentic document will have to be produced that the candidate belongs to the Minority Community.||01-seat in each Department|
Admissions On Regular (Regional Quota) And Self-Finance Basis
- Admissions on Regular basis (Normal Fee) shall be granted strictly on merit subject to Provincial/Regional Quota.
- A limited number of seats shall be filled on Self-Finance basis only on merit irrespective of Provincial/Regional Quota.
- Merit shall be determined on the basis of academic performance in previous degrees and certificates without giving any credit to the score (s) in Entry Test.
- Applicants seeking admission in the following subjects are required to appear in the Entry Test on the date, time and venue mentioned below.
- Applicants appearing in the Entry Test must bring original CNIC and Admission Form Receipt for identification.
- Entry test is only for short-listing and its score shall not be counted to determine merit.
- The admission shall be made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined from previous academic record.
- The Entry Tests at QAU shall be conducted as per schedule given below: -
|S.#||Discipline||Date||Time||Day||Venue at QAU|
|1.||Psychology||10-01-17||09.30.A.M.||Tuesday||National Institute of Psychology|
|2.||Computer Science||10-01-17||11.30.A.M.||Tuesday||National Institute of Psychology|
Equivalence Certificates And Conversion Of Grades Into Marks
Applicants having foreign certificates/degrees should provide equivalence certificates and conversion of the grades into marks from HEC for Bachelor level degrees and from Inter Board Committee for Matric and Intermediate levels. Certificates/Degrees with CGPA of local Universities/Institutions also require conversion of grades into marks from the Universities/Institutions concerned in Pakistan.
Display Of Merit Lists
|1.||DISPLAY OF 1ST MERIT LIST||17-01-2017|
|2.||DISPLAY OF 2ND MERIT LIST||24-01-2017|
|3.||DISPLAY OF 3RD MERIT LIST||31-01-2017|
|4.||DISPLAY OF 4TH MERIT LIST||07-02-2017|
|5.||DISPLAY OF 5TH MERIT LIST||10-02-2017|
|6.||DISPLAY OF 6TH MERIT LIST||15-02-2017|
|7.||DISPLAY OF 7TH MERIT LIST||21-02-2017|
- The University Hostel accommodations will be provided on availability of seats.
Quaid-i-Azam University is providing scholarships/financial assistance to the deserving Pakistani National students seeking Admission to Master’s Programme in collaboration with Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal, HEC/USAID/OGDCL/Punjab Education & Endowment Fund (PEEF), Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) and other Donor Agencies. For detail please visit QAU scholarship page.The above mentioned scholarships/financial assistance will be granted subject to the following conditions:-
- The scholarship/financial assistance will be granted to the deserving Pakistani national.
- The authenticity of the information as provided by the applicant will be verified by physically/cross-checking of the data.
- The scholarship/financial assistance will be granted subject to availability of funds/number of slots provided by donor agencies.
- All deserving candidates will be considered for award of scholarships/financial assistance after selection on regular basis and submission of fee/dues with normal rates in the QAU accounts.
- Students selected on self-finance basis will not be entitled for any type of scholarships/financial assistance.
- The applicant can download Need Based Scholarship Form from QAU website (Application Download).The duly filled application forms for Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal, HEC/USAID/OGDCL/Punjab Education & Endowment Fund (PEEF)/ Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) may be submitted in the office of Financial Assistance, Room No.17, Admin. Block, QAU, Islamabad (Phone No.051-90644091) with supporting/requisite documents.
- The QAU will review the applications and only short-listed candidates will be called-up for interview.
- In case of incorrect/misleading information or concealment of facts, the University shall have a right to refuse/cancel the admission and expel the applicant (student) from the University;
- The admitted students will have to submit their original Migration Certificates from the institution last attended within 15-days from the date of admission;
- To avoid any inconvenience please attach all the required documents (one copy of each document) with the admission form within stipulated time/period. However, the last date to submit left-over documents such as BA/BSc Result Cards/Domicile etc. along with the required fee amounting to Rs.1000/- is 13-01-2017;
- Data of all applicants shall be available on the University website on 05-01-2017; and will be refreshed on 10-01-2017;
- Please contact on Phone No.051-90643265 to rectify the errors/mistakes in the data, if any by 13-01-2017 at the latest.
- The Admission Forms sent by Post/Courier must reach in the University on or before 03-01-2017. No Admission Form will be received or entertained after due date in any case.
- The office of Assistant Registrar (Admissions) at the back of Central Library, QAU will remain open to receive the left over documents from Monday-Friday (09:00 AM to 04:00 PM). The applicants may submit their documents by hand or by e-mail with reference to their allotted Registration Number/Tracking ID to: (email@example.com)
- No call letter/phone call shall be made separately for selection; applicants are advised to visit QAU website frequently.
(DR. SHAFIQ UR REHMAN)