Note : Those who have already submitted/forwarded their admission forms through any source are advised not to apply afresh; however, their applications will be entertained under the new revised admission policy (45% marks).
Applications are invited from Pakistani and Foreign Nationals for admission to Undergraduate Programme (Fall Semester-2016) (under the new revised admission policy) in the following subjects by 01-09-2016 positively. A person holding HSSC (Intermediate Certificate) or has passed Intermediate Part-I only OR passed both Part-I & II examinations is eligible for admission the Undergraduate Programme.
Faculty Of Biological Science
|1.||Biochemistry||FSc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|2.||Biotechnology||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|3.||Bioinformatics||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|4.||Botany||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|5.||Environmental Sciences||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|6.||Microbiology||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|7.||Zoology||FSc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
Faculty Of Natural Science
|1.||Computer Science||Intermediate with Mathematics with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|2.||Chemistry||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|3.||Electronics||FSc (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|4.||Geophysics||FSc or equivalent with Mathematics with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|5.||I.T.||FSc or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics and at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|6.||Mathematics||FSc or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject and at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|7.||Physics||FSc (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||Entry Test at QAU Campus|
|8.||Statistics||FSc or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject and at least 45% marks.||No Test|
Faculty Of Social Science
|1.||Business Administration||FA/FSc or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|2.||Economics||FA/FSc or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
|3.||International Relations||FA/FSc or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||Entry Test at QAU Campus|
|4.||Political Science||FA/FSc or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||Entry Test at QAU Campus|
|5.||L.L.B||FA/FSc or equivalent with at least 45% marks.||No Test|
How to Apply
- The Admission Forms can be downloaded from the QAU website (click here to download ), alongwith a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. amounting to Rs.2000/-. Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus.
- The applicants are advised to deposit the same in the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (throughout the country with bank charges, non-refundable).
- The Bank Challan should be attached with the downloaded Admission Form alongwith other requisite documents, otherwise the application will not be entertained.
- Those who have already submitted/forwarded their admission forms through any source are advised not to apply afresh; however, their applications will be entertained under the new revised admission policy (45% marks).
A person passed HSSC (Intermediate Part-I examination) from a Pakistani Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education or an equivalent from any other recognized Board with at least (45% marks for all subjects or its equivalent grade, shall be eligible for provisional admission to the BS/LLB Programmes of study subject to the conditions that: -
- After selection the student will deposit the fee/dues in the University Account within the stipulated period/time.
- After selection and depositing fee/dues in the University Account, the student will be required to pass the Intermediate Part-II Examination with at least 45% marks. In case of less than 45% marks in Intermediate Part-II, his/her admission will be treated as cancelled.
- After selection and depositing fee/dues in the University Account, if the student declared as FAILED in the Intermediate Part-II Examination by the concerned Board, the Fee/Dues as deposited by him/ her will not be refunded under any circumstances except refundable securities.
- After selection and depositing fee/dues in the University Account, the student will be required to submit his/her Intermediate Part-II passed result card within stipulated period in the concerned Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre/ Admission Section.
- If the selected student failed to submit his/her Intermediate Part-II passed result card within stipulated period in the concerned Department/Institute/School/Centre/Admission Section, his admission will be treated as cancelled.
- The result awaiting students will have to submit an Undertaking as prescribed in the Section-8 of the regulations.
The following shall not be eligible for admission to BS/Pharm-D/LLB programme: -
1. Those who have failed under Clause 7(c) (i) (a) of the examination rules of this University. (QAU Prospectus)
2. Those who have ceased to be a student of this University under Clause 7(c) (i) (b) under the examinations rules. (QAU Prospectus)
3. Those who already possess BS/Pharm-D/LLB or its equivalent degree from this or any other University.
4. Those who are already on the rolls of this University.
5. Those who have been expelled from the University on disciplinary grounds.
6. No student of BS or equivalent degree holder shall be admitted to a second or subsequent BS/Pharm-D/LLB Programme (either on Regular OR Self-Finance basis) in the University Teaching Departments/ Centers/ Institutes/ School under any circumstances.
7. The admission shall be cancelled on the written request of the student concerned as per approved rules duly recommended by the respective Chairman/Director and the Dean of the Faculty concerned.
8. In case of incorrect/misleading information or concealment of facts, the University reserves the right to refuse/cancel the admission and expel the applicant (student) from the University at any time.
9. The Vice-Chancellor may cancel/refuse admission to any student without assigning reasons.
10. The students whose names were dropped or struck off from the rolls of QAU or any University Teaching Department/ Center/Institute due to shortage of lectures or non-payment of dues or poor performance or non-appearance in examination etc., in the semester, shall not be granted admission. The Syndicate may consider such cases on the recommendations of the University Admission Committee.
11. The students dropped or struck off from the rolls of any University Teaching Department/ Center/Institute due to poor performance under semester system shall not be granted re-admission in any case in the same Discipline.
12. Any student, who was rusticated, expelled, or whose entry in QAU or any University Campus was banned for any reason whatsoever at any time during his/her academic career, shall not be admitted to any class without the permission of the Syndicate. The Syndicate may not consider such cases except on the recommendations of the Admission Committee.
Attested Photocopies Of Documents
The applicants are required to attach the following relevant/required documents with Admission Form for verification of data and determination of merit:
|S#||Documents||No. of copies|
|1.||Detail Marks Certificate of SSC (Matriculation) Examination or equivalent.||01|
|2.||Detail Marks Certificate of HSSC/Intermediate Part-I Examination or equivalent.||01|
|3.||CNIC OR Form B in case of under 18-years of age.||01|
|4.||CNIC of Father/Parents/Guardian.||01|
|5.||Domicile Certificate of candidate OR of father/mother if the applicant is under 18-years of age and his/her name is included in it.||01|
|6.||Character Certificate from the institution last attended.||01|
|7.||Equivalence Certificate and conversion of the grades, into marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (BCC) for Matric and Intermediate levels in case of qualifications OR certificate from foreign institutes||01|
|8.||Sports Certificates i.e. District/Province/National/International level issued by the concerned Authorities (for applicants of Sports Reserve Seats)||01|
|9.||Disability Certificate issued by the District Assessment Board (for applicants of Disabled Reserve Seats)||01|
|10.||Minority Certificate issued by the Principal of last attended institute (for applicants of Minority Reserve Seats)||01|
|11.||Army Personal Service Card OR Pension Book of Parent (for applicants of Children of Army Personal)||01|
|12.||Foreign Citizenship OR Passport for Foreign National and Dual Nationals (having Pakistani and some other nationality) Refugees (status recognized by Govt. of Pakistan) (for Foreigner Reserve Seats)||01|
|13.||Any other supporting/relevant document||01|
The above mentioned relevant attested documents can be sent by TCS/Courier/Post on the following address: –
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (ADMISSIONS), (CAMP OFFICE) AT THE BACK OF (DRSM) LIBRARY, QUAID-I-AZAM UNIVERSITY, (45320) ISLAMABAD
Equivalence Certificates And Conversion Of Grades Into Marks
Applicants having foreign certificates are required to provide equivalence certificates and conversion of the grades, into marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) for Matric and Intermediate levels.
- The applicants are advised to fill/opt the priorities carefully because once filled, the Subject Priorities shall not be changed in any case. An applicant can opt for a maximum of three priorities of subjects either on Regular OR on Self Finance and/or on both basis in the same subjects: 3 (R) + 3 (S) =6.
- The priorities/preferences of the BS subjects shall remain intact till the applicant gets admission against his/her first priority/preference OR finalization of the admission process, whichever is earlier. The dues/fee paid by the applicant according to the earlier merit list shall automatically be shifted/adjusted accordingly if his/her name appears in a subsequent list(s) against already filled priorities.
Admissions on Regular (Regional Quota) and Self-Finance Basis
- Admissions on Regular basis (Normal Fee) shall be granted strictly on merit subject to provincial/regional quota.
- A limited number of seats shall be filled on self-finance basis in all the above-mentioned subjects only on merit irrespective of provincial/regional quota.
- Merit will be calculated at 30:70 ratio i.e. 30% weightage to the Matriculation marks and 70% weightage to the Intermediate marks without giving any credit to the score (s) in Entry Test.
- Applicants seeking admission in the following subjects are required to appear in the Entry Test on the date, time and venue mentioned below.
- The applicants will be required to qualify the requisite entry test. The test, however, is only for short-listing candidates and its score will not be counted to determine the merit.
- Only those who qualify the entry test will be considered for admission, which will be determined purely on merit basis without giving any credit to the test score.
- The applicants appearing in the Entry Test shall be required to bring original CNIC and Admission Form Receipt for identification.
- The Entry Test shall be conducted as per schedule given below: -
|S.#||Discipline||Date||Time||Day||Venue at QAU|
|1.||BS International Relations||05-09-16||10.00.A.M||Monday||BS Building at QAU Campus|
|2.||BS Political Science||05-09-16||12.00.P.M||Monday||BS Building at QAU Campus|
|2.||BS Physics||06-09-16||11.00.A.M||Tuesday||BS Building at QAU Campus|
- The quota of reserved seats is prescribed with terms/conditions and the seats will be filled on merit.
- Only those candidates will be selected for admission to BS/LLB programmes that fulfilled the eligibility criteria of the respective Department and also on the basis of providing requisite documents.
- The candidates already selected on his/her first priority on open merit (regular basis) in the merit list, will not be considered for admission on the reserved seats. However, if he/she selected on his/her lower priority and have not deposited the fee/dues within stipulated time, he/she will report in the Admission Section for consideration of his/her case on the reserved seat.
- If the candidate shall not fulfill the prescribed terms/conditions, and also failed to produce requisite documents he/she will not be considered for admission against the reserved seat.
- All admissions will be made in a meeting of the Admission Committee.
|S#||Details of Seats||Terms/Condition||No. of Seats/%|
|1.||Children of Army Personal||The seats will be filled ONLY on the nomination of GHQ.||01-seat in each Department|
|2.||Disabled Persons||Subject to the condition that the disabled person must provide his/her disability certificate duly issued by the District Assessment Board along with other conditions as approved by the University Statutory Bodies.||01-seat in each Department|
|3.||Minorities||Subject to production of certificate from the Institution last attended that the candidate belongs to the Minority Community.||01-seat in each Department|
|4.||Sports Based||Subject to production of Sports Certificates, i.e. International/ National/ Provincial/District etc. level issued by the concerned Authorities and also on trials of the games basis.||02% seats of admitted students in the university with a maximum of one in a Department|
|5.||Foreign Students||(i) Foreign Nationals and Dual Nationals (having Pakistani and some other Nationality);|
(ii) Refugees (status recognized by Govt. of Pakistan). These seats will be filled as per other conditions as approved by the University Statutory Bodies.
|10% seats are on (self finance) basis|
Display Of Merit Lists
|1.||DISPLAY OF 1ST MERIT LIST||09-09-2016|
|2.||DISPLAY OF 2ND MERIT LIST||20-09-2016|
|3.||DISPLAY OF 3RD MERIT LIST||27-09-2016|
|4.||DISPLAY OF 4TH MERIT LIST||04-10-2016|
|5.||DISPLAY OF 5TH MERIT LIST||11-10-2016|
|6.||DISPLAY OF 6TH MERIT LIST||18-10-2016|
|7.||DISPLAY OF FINAL MERIT LIST (if required)||25-10-2016|
- The University Hostel accommodations will be provided on availability of seats.
QAU is a premier Educational Institution of Pakistan. Some Donors & Philanthropist provide financial assistance to the meritorious, deserving and needy students. Students who belong to far flung/deprived areas receive special consideration for award of scholarships/financial assistance. More than 45 categories of scholarships are available for the students of QAU. For detail, visit QAU scholarship page. Following are the major scholarships donors at QAU.: -
|S.#||Name of Scholarship|
|1.||QAU Alumni Scholarship|
|2.||USAID Funded Merit & Need Based Scholarships|
|4.||Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal Scholarship|
|6.||Political Agent Scholarships|
|7.||Professional Education Foundation Karachi|
|8.||Punjab Education & Endowment Fund (PEEF)|
|9.||Baluchistan Endowment (BEEF)|
|10.||Higher Education Department Endowment Scholarship for students of Baluchistan|
|11.||KPK Chief Minister’s Endowment Scholarship|
|12.||District Zakat Committee’s Scholarships|
|13.||British Council Scholarships (Only Girls Students of Biological Sciences doing MSc/MPhil)|
All Scholarships will be awarded according to the prescribed rules of the University or as per Donor’s agreement with the University. Office of the Students Financial Assistance, always provide necessary support to the students for getting Scholarships/financial assistance from any external sources.
Provision of Migration Certificate
The admitted students will have to submit their Migration Certificates (in original) from the institution last attended within 15-days from the date of admission. In case of non-submission of the same, his/her admission will be treated as cancelled.
- To avoid any inconvenience the candidates are required to submit all the required documents with Admission Form within stipulated time period. However, the last date to submit left-over documents such as Intermediate Result Card, Domicile etc. along with required fee amounting to Rs.1000/- is 07-09-2016;(click here to download undertaking)
- Data of the applicants shall be available on the University website on 03-09-2016 to 07-09-2016, so that each applicant can check it for any errors or omissions;
- Please contact on Ph No.051-90643265 to rectify the errors/mistakes in the data, if any by 07-09-2016 at the latest.
- The Admission Forms sent by Post/Courier/TCS must reach in the University on or before 01-09-2016; No Admission Form will be received or entertained after due date in any case.
- The office of Assistant Registrar (Admission) at the back of (DRSM), Library, QAU will remain open to receive the left over documents from Monday-Friday. The applicants may submit their documents by hand or by e-mail with reference to their allotted Registration Number/ Tracking ID to: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No call letter/phone call shall be made separately for selection; applicants are advised to visit QAU website frequently.For detailed advertisement, please visit the QAU website
(MUHAMMAD SABIR KHAN)