Applications from Pakistani/foreign nationals are invited for admission to PhD programme of the University in the following subjects latest by 12.08.2016:
Faculty of Biological Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Animal Sciences||Genetics, Physiology, Reproductive Physiology, Parasitology, Endocrinology, Cell and molecular biology, Animal Microbiology, Fisheries & Aqua Culture.||MPhil in any discipline of Zoology/Animal Sciences/Animal Biotechnology/Animal Biochemistry (except Plant Sciences)/ from the HEC recognized university. MBBS/DVM are also eligible.|
|2.||Biochemistry||Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Molecular Genetics.||MPhil or equivalent in any field of Biochemical/ Biological/Medical/Pharmaceutical or related sciences.|
|3.||Bioinformatics||Comparative and Evolutionary Genomics, Structural Proteomics, Software Development, Functional Genomics, Molecular Modeling, QM simulation, protein-protein interaction.||MPhil or equivalent in Bioinformatics/Molecular Biology from HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Environmental Sciences||Environmental Health, Renewable Energy, Environmental Biotechnology, Environmental Hydrogeochemistry, Biodegradation and Environmental remediation, Hydro-geology.||MPhil or equivalent in any field of Biological/ Chemical/Environmental Sciences from the HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Microbiology||Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Medical Microbiology, Veterinary Microbiology, Food Microbiology and Immunology.||MPhil or equivalent in Microbiology or any field of Biology/Medical and related Sciences from the HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Plant Sciences||Plant Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Genetics, Plant Ecology & Conservation, Plant Pathology, Plant Systematics and Biodiversity.||MPhil or equivalent in any discipline of Biological Sciences/Botany/Horticulture from the HEC recognized university.|
||MPhil in relevant subject with basic degree in Pharmacy from the HEC recognized university.|
Faculty of Natural Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1||Chemistry||Inorganic/ Analytical Chemistry:Organometallic Chemistry, Co-ordination Chemistry, Organic/ Inorganic Materials, Bio-inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry.
Organic Chemistry: Organic Synthesis, Natural Products, Reaction Mechanism, Heterocyclic Compounds, Photochemistry, Organic Polymers.
Physical Chemistry: Material Sciences, Surface and Solid State Chemistry, Molecular Spectroscopy, (Radiation Chemistry, Electro-Chemistry), Chemical Kinetics, Polymer Chemistry, Solution Chemistry, Nano Technology, Colloids and Surfactants.
|MPhil or equivalent in the relevant field of Chemistry from HEC recognized university.|
|2||Computer Science||Human Information Interaction, Knowledge Engineering, Networking and Communication.||MPhil in Computer Science or computing related discipline or MS (18 years) in Computer Science or computing related discipline from HEC recognized university.|
|3||Electronics||Wave Propagation and Scattering, Complex Media, High Frequency Electromagnetics, Metamaterials, Information Theory, Classical, Communications and Signal Processing, Coding Theory, Image Processing, Computing.||MPhil or equivalent in Electronics/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Computer Engineering from the HEC recognized university.|
|4||Earth Sciences||Geophysics, Hydrogeology, Geology and Seismology.||MPhil or equivalent in the related field of Geophysics/Hydrogeology/Geology from HEC recognized university.|
|5||Mathematics||Relativity, Fluid Mechanics, Numerical Analysis, Astrophysics, Commutative Algebra, Wave-Motion, Fuzzy Algebraic Structures, Soft Sets and its applications, Functional analysis.||MPhil or equivalent in Mathematics from the HEC recognized university.|
|6||Physics||Atomic and Molecular Physics, Semiconductor Physics, Plasma Physics, Magnetism and Nanomaterials, High-Tc Super Conductivity, Laser Physics, High Energy Physics and Cosmology, Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum Optics, Quantum information, Computational Physics.||MPhil or equivalent in Physics from the HEC recognized university.|
|7||Statistics||Survey Sampling, Mathematical Statistics, Linear Models, Applied Statistics, Geostatistics, Operation Research.||MPhil or equivalent in Statistics from the HEC recognized university.|
Faculty of Social Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1||Asian Studies||(i). Comparative Civilizations (ancient)
(ii) Languages and Linguistics (ancient)
(iii) Comparative Religions (ancient)
(iv) Archaeology and Ancient History.
|MPhil or equivalent in Archaeology, Anthropology, History, Comparative Civilizations, Comparative Religions (ancient), Languages and Linguistics (ancient) and Fine Arts from HEC recognized university.|
|2||Economics||Micro/Macroeconomics, Econometrics, International/Public/Monetary/Labour/ Development Economics.||MPhil or equivalent degree in Economics from HEC recognized university.|
|3||History||South Asia. Pakistan Movement, Pakistan and Central Asia, Islamic History, History of Afghanistan.||MPhil or equivalent degree in History from HEC recognized university.|
|4||International Relations||International Relations /Political Science, International Political Economy, Law and Criminology.||MPhil or equivalent degree in International Relations, Political Science, DSS, Mass/Media Studies, LL.M, International Political Economy, Pakistan Studies from the HEC recognized university.|
|5||Pakistan Studies||Pakistan Studies (All topics in Social Sciences relating to Pakistan).||MPhil or its equivalent degree in any field of Social Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
||M.Phil or its equivalent degree in Psychology/Applied Psychology/Behavioral Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
- The minimum CGPA for admission is 3.0 (Semester System) or First Division (Annual System) in MS/MPhil/equivalent degree from HEC recognized university.
- A Govt. College/Public Sector University teacher or member of the research staff of a Govt. Research Organization who has shown undoubted promise for research and holds MA/MSc degree may be recommended by the Admission Committee for admission directly to PhD programme. However, the students must complete the course work required for MPhil/MS.
- No Objection Certificate from the organization/employer is required to be attached with Admission Form and be routed through Proper Channel in case of in-service applicants.
- Students applying for admission are required to submit a copy of synopsis/research work. Admission will be given subject to the availability of the Supervisor in the field of research strictly according to HEC’s requirements.
- All applicants of PhD Physics are also required to appear in the written test as per schedule given below in the Department of Physics; however the candidates having a score in GRE (Physics) > 45% percentile would be exempted from Department test in Physics.
- Written tests/ interview shall be held in the respective Departments/School/Institutes/Centres according to the following schedule:
|1||Physics||22.08.2016 (Mon)||0930 hrs|
|2||Bioinformatic||22.08.2016 (Mon)||1100 hrs|
|3||Electronics, Statistics, Economics||23.08.2016 (Tue)||0930 hrs|
|4||Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Asian Studies, Environmental Sciences||24.08.2016(Wed)||0930 hrs|
|6||Earth Sciences||24.08.2016(Wed)||1100 hrs|
|7||Animal Sciences||24.08.2016(Wed)||1400 hrs|
|8||Biochemistry||25.08.2016 (Thu)||0930 hrs|
|9||History||25.08.2016 (Thu)||1130 hrs|
|10||Microbiology, Psychology||26.08.2016 (Fri)||0930 hrs|
|11||International Relations||26.08.2016 (Fri)||1100 hrs|
|12||Pharmacy, Pakistan Studies, Computer Sciences||26.08.2016 (Fri)||1400 hrs|
Note: If, for any reason, a test date is declared as holiday, the test will be conducted on the next working day.
- Those admitted shall have to complete/pass 18 credit hours course-work within four semesters as per University rules.
- Those admitted in PhD programme and not passed MPhil/MS/equivalent shall have to complete/pass 42 credit hours courses (24+18) within six semesters as per University rules.
- Admission to PhD programme is made on a competitive basis. The minimum period for completion of PhD Programme is three years whereas maximum period is seven years.
How to Apply:
1. The Admission Forms can be downloaded from the QAU website (Click here to download Form)along with a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. amounting to Rs.2000/-. Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus.
2.The applicants are advised to deposit the same in the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (throughout the country with bank charges, non-refundable).
3.The Bank Challan should be attached with the downloaded Admission Form along with other requisite documents, otherwise the application will not be entertained.The applicants are advised to send the downloaded admission form by TCS/Courier/Post on the address: -
The Chairperson/Director of respective Department/ Institute/School/Centre,QUAID-I-AZAM UNIVERSITY, (45320) ISLAMABAD;
4. Incomplete and late applications will not be entertained;
5.Short listed applicants will be called for interview/presentation of research proposals;
6. For further details, please visit University website.