Yousaf Shad Muhammad currently working as a chairman, department of Statistics (biggest department in Pakistan), Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad. He is a skilled statistician with a strong background in optimization methods. Since 2004 he has been developing and implementing different mathematical programming models. At University of Vienna (2004-2007), Yousaf has a deep knowledge in mathematical programming and has developed new model for Indus basin irrigation
system (IBIS). At NTNU and SINTEF (2008-2010), he is developed and
implemented Seafood Value Chain Stochastic Optimization Model for Norwegian meat market. Yousaf attended Portfolio Financial Optimization (PFO) workshops in Verbund, Vienna. I conducted risk assessment (credit risk) model for House Building Finance Cooperation Pakistan in 2011. I and my team conducted many computational risk management, credit risk management and portfolio optimization workshops in National University of Science and Technology (NUST), State Bank of Pakistan and commercial banks in Pakistan. • Stochastic Modeling: Modeling any kind of real world system in the presence of stochastic behavior of some parameters.
• Supply Chain Design and Optimization: Application of stochastic modeling in supply chain management
• Statistics: Score Card and Rating System development, Risk management of portfolios (PD, LGD, EAD, atc.).
Techniques and Tools
• Stochastic Optimization
• Scenario Generation
• Calibrating new stochastic models for complex networking systems
• Optimal Discretization
• Markov Chain
45. Uzma Yousaf, Aqib Hassan Ali Khan , Asifa Farooqi , Yousaf Shad Muhammad,Rocío Barros, Juan Antonio Tamayo-Ramos, Mazhar Iqbal, Sohail Yousaf(2021).Interactive effect of biochar and compost with Poaceae and Fabaceae plants on remediation
of total petroleum hydrocarbons in crude oil contaminated soil. Chemosphere (IF 7.09).
44. Fakhra Batool and Muhammad Yousaf Shad (2021).Seeking a balance between population diversity and premature convergence for real-coded genetic algorithms with crossover operator. Evolutionary Intelligence (IF 2.34).
43. Azhar Mehmood Abbasi and Muhammad Yousaf Shad (2021).Estimation of population proportion using concomitant based ranked set sampling. Communica- tion in Statistics: Theory and Methods (IF 0.884).
42. J. Lubina, Ubydul Haq, Muhammad Yousaf Shad (2021). Climate Change and dynamics in age-related Malaria incidence in South Africa: A focous on Zambia . Envornmental Research (IF 5.715).
41.Mst. Marium Begum , Osman Ulvi, Muhammad Yousaf Shad and Uby- dul Haque (2021). Quantifying Media Effects, Its Content, and Role in Promoting Community Awareness of Chikungunya Epidemic in Bangladesh. Epidemiologiea (IF 1.701).
40. Sajid Hussain, Muhammad Daniyal, Roseline Oluwaseun Ogundokun, Muham mad Yousaf Shad, Zafar Iqbal, Rashid Ahmed(2021). Cloning data with unchanged estimates of estimable non-linear functions of parameters, F1000 Research (IF 2.30).
39. Muhammad Yousaf Shad and Azeem Iqbal (Accepted). E-Bayesian estima- tion of Maxwell Distribution and its evaluation standards: E-Posterior Risks and E-MSEs (Expected mean square errors). Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation (IF 0.92).
38. Muhammad Yousaf Shad and Ubydul Haque (2020). The Impact of COVID- 19 on Globalization. One Health (IF 4.694).
37. Fakhara Batool, Muhammad Yousaf Shad and Saima Khan (2020). A new Logistic distribution based crossover operator for real-coded genetic algorithm, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation (IF 0.920).
36. Selam Mihreteab, Jailos Lubinda, Bingxin Zhao, Alfonso J. Rodriguez- Morales,Ajlina Karamehic Muratovic, Aman Goitom, Muhammad Yousaf Shad and Ubydul Haque (2020). Retrospective data analyses of social and environmental determinants of malaria control for elimination prospects in Eritrea, Parasites and vector, 2020. DOI.10.1186/s13071-020-3974-x. (IF 3.876).
35. Zulfiqar Ali, Ijaz Hussain, Muhammad Faisal. Shehzad, Y.S. Muhammad, An Ensemble Procedure for Pattern Recognition of Regional Drought, Int. Journal of Climatology(2019), (IF 3.78). doi:http://dx.doi.org//10.1002/joc.6196
34. Abid Hussain, Yousaf shad Muhammad (2019), Trade-off between explo- ration and exploitation with genetic algorithm using a novel selection operator,Complex and Intelligent Systems. pp 1 to 14 (IF 3.791).
33. Yousaf shad Muhammad, Minimum Cost Multiobjective Programming Model for Target Efficiency in Sample Selection, Scientific Programming, 2019. (IF 1.678)
32. Abid Hussain, Yousaf shad Muhammad, Nauman Sajid (2019), An Ef- ficient Genetic Algorithm for Numerical Function Optimization with Two New Crossover Operators I.J. Mathematical Sciences and Computing-V4-N4-4.
31) Abid Hussain, Yousaf shad Muhammad, Nouman and Nauman Sajid (2018), A simulated study of genetic algorithm with a new crossover operator using traveling salesman problem. Punjab University Journal of Mathematics.
30) Abid Hussain, Yousaf shad Muhammad, Nouman and Nauman Sajid (2018), An Improved Genetic Algorithm Crossover Operator for Traveling Salesman Prob- lem. Turk. J. Math. Comput. Sci.
29) Abid Hussain, Yousaf shad Muhammad, Nouman and Nauman Sajid (2018), An efficient genetic algorithm for numerical function optimization with two cross-over operaters. International journal of mathematical sciences and computing.
28) Fida Hussaina, Imran Hussainb, Aqib Hassan Ali Khana, Yousaf Shad Muhammad, Mazhar Iqbala, Gerhard Sojab, Thomas Gerhard Reichenauerb, Zeshanf, So- hail Yousafa (April 2018), Combined application of biochar, compost, and bacterial consortia with Italian ryegrass enhanced phytoremediation of petroleum hydrocar- bon contaminated soil. Environmental and Experimental Botany 153 (2018) 80 to 88. (IF 5.36)
27) Abid Hussain, Yousaf shad Muhammad, Nouman and Nauman Sajid (Jan 2018), Optimization through Genetic Algorithm with a New and Efficient Crossover Op- erator. International Journal of Advances in Mathematics Volume 2018, Number 1, Pages 1-14.
26)Abid Hussain, Yousaf shad Muhammad , Nouman and Nauman Sajid (November 2017), Performance Evaluation of Best-Worst Selection Criteria for Genetic Algo- rithm. Mathematics and Computer Sciences 2017; 2(6):89-97.
25) M.R. Shahid, R. Ahmed, F. Shehzad, Y.S. Muhammad, Development of some useful generators to obtain partially neighbor balanced designs, Journal of King Saud University - Science (2017), doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2017.07.009 (IF 2.778).
24) Abid Hussain, Yousaf Shad Muhammad, M. Nauman Sajid, Ijaz Hussain, Alla Mohamd Shoukry, and Showkat Gani (2017).Genetic Algorithm for Traveling Sales- man Problem with Modied Cycle Crossover Operator, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience (IF 1.215).
23) Azhar Mehmood Abbasi and Yousaf Shad Muhammad (2017). Manipulation- based ranked set sampling, Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operations Research (PJSOR) 13(4):775.
22) Azhar Mehmood Abbasi and Yousaf Shad Muhammad ( Jun 2017). Estimation of population mean and median using double robust truncation based ranked set sampling, Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operations Research (PJSOR): Vol. 13 No. 2.
21) Zulifqar Ali, Ijaz Hussain, Muhammad Faisal, Hafiza Mamoona Nazir, Tajam- mal Hussain, Yousaf Shad Muhammad, Alaa Mohamd Shoukry and Showkat Hus- sain Gani (April 2017). Forecasting Drought using Multi Layer Precipitation Arti- ficial Neural Network Model, Advances in Meteorology. (IF 1.277)
20) Said Arab Khan, Ijaz Hussain, Muhammad Faisal, Yousaf Shad Muhammad and Alaa Mohamd Shoukry (Feb. 2017). Regional Frequency Analysis of Extremes Precipitation using L-Moments and Partial L-Moments, Advances in Me- teorology. (IF 1.277)
(2016 and before)
19) Yousaf Shad Muhammad (Dec. 2016) Multivariate multi-objective compro- mise allocation: A game theoretic approach. PLOS ONE. (IF 2.806)
18) Sajjid Gul, Ijaz Hussain, Yousaf Shad Muhammad (2016) Spatio-Temporal Variability Performance Evaluation of Reference Evapotranspiration Models. Inter- national Journal Of Global Warming. (IF 1.286)
17) Aqib Hassan Ali Khan, Sundus Tanveer, Mariam Anees, Yousaf Shad Muham mad, Sohail Yousaf. (2016) Role of nutrients and illuminance in predicting the fate of fungal mediated petroleum hydrocarbon degradation and biomass production, Journal of Environmental Management 2016. (IF 4.010)
16) Aqib Hassan Ali Khan, Sundus Tanveer, Mariam Anees, Yousaf Shad Muham mad, Sohail Yousaf. (2016) Effects of illuminance and nutrients on bacterial photo- physiology of hydrocarbon degradation Journal: Science of the Total Environment. 2016. (IF 4.900)
15) Muhammad Azhar and Yousaf Shad Muhammad (2016). A family of prod- uct estimators for population mean in median ranked set sampling using single and double auxiliary variables, Interstat.
14) Laila Bibi and Yousaf Shad Muhammad. (2016) Maximum Coverage Lo- cation Model for Emergency Services under Budgetary Condition, NJES, NUST.
13)Yousaf shad Muhammad and Ijaz Hussain (2017). Tradeoff between cost and variance for a multi-objective compromise allocation in stratified random sam- pling, Communication in Statistics- Theory and Methods 03/2016 (IF 0.311)
12) Naima Mubarak, Ijaz Hussain, Muhammad Faisal, Tajammal Hussain, Yousaf Shad Muhammad, Nasser M. Abdel-Salam,Javid Shabbir (2015). Spatial Distri- bution of Sulfate Concentration in Groundwater of South-Punjab, Pakistan. Wa- ter Quality Exposure and Health 04/2015; DOI:10.1007/s12403-015-0165-7, (IF 1.692)
11) Yousaf Shad Muhammad and G.C. Pflug (2014). Stochastic vs. Deter- ministic Programming in Water Management: The value of flexibility. Annals of Operation Research. DOI 10.1007/s10479-013-1455-8. (IF 1.217)
10) Yousaf Shad Muhammad; Javed Shabbir and Ijaz Hussain. (2014). Multi- objective Compromise Allocation in Multivariate Stratified Sampling Using Gemma Cost Function. Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, Springer.
9) Hussain I.; M. Faisal; Yousaf Shad Muhammad (2015). Assessment of Spatial Models for Interpolation of Elevation in Pakistan. International Journal of Global Warming. (IF 1.286)
8) Saima Khan, Yousaf Shad Muhammad and Javid Shabbir (2014). Compari- son of Modified Extended Lexicographic Technique with Fuzzy and Value Function Techniques Using the Auxiliary Information as Attributes. International Journal of Business and Social Science, ISSN: 2219-1933, 2219-6021 online.
7) Sidra Naz, Yousaf Shad Muhammad and Javed Shabbir (2014). Compro- mise Allocation For Mean Estimation In Stratified Random Sampling Using Aux- iliary Attributes When Some Observations Are Missing. International Journal of Business and Social Science, ISSN: 2219-1933, 2219-6021 online.
6) Yousaf Shad Muhammad, Nouman Afghan and Fayyaz Ahmed (2014). Im- pact of Extended Storage Capabilities in IBIS Under Stochastic Hydrologic Regime. International Journal of Business and Social Science, ISSN: 2219-1933, 2219-6021 online.
5) Yousaf Shad Muhammad, Sadia Aslam, Azhar Mehmood Abbasi and Nouman Afghan (2014). Performance Evaluation of Automated Teller Machine (ATM) With Fuzzy TOPSIS Using Sample Survey Results. International Journal of Business and Social Science, ISSN: 2219-1933, 2219-6021 online.
4) Sarhad Ullah Khan, Yousaf Shad Muhammad and Nouman Afghan (2014). Multi-objective Compromise Allocation Stratified Sampling in the Presence of Non- response Using Quadratic Cost Function. International Journal of Business and So- cial Science, ISSN: 2219-1933, 2219-6021 online.
3) Yousaf Shad Muhammad, Munawar Iqbal, Ijaz Hussain, Shahid Kamal and Nouman Afghan (2014). Modeling Non-Linear Behavior of Independent Variables. International Journal of Business and Social Science, ISSN: 2219-1933, 2219-6021 online.
2) Yousaf Shad Muhammad (2010). Water Resources Management by Stochas- tic Optimization: A Case Study of Indus Basin Irrigation System. VDM, Berlin, Germany. ISBN: 978-3-639-2863-5.
1) Ahmad M. A., I. Ahmad and Yousaf Shad Muhammad (1996). Growth and Instability of Cereal Production in Pakistan. Pakistan Statistical Association (Faisalabad Chapter), P: 76-85.
• Integrayed supply chain design of natural gas in Pakistan, HEC.
•Facility Location Optimization A QAU project on facility location optimization
for rescue 15 services was conducted in 2012-13.
• Credit Risk Modelling A one week workshop for credit risk modelers from
all leading banks in Pakistan was held at Research Center Modelling and
Simulation (RCMS), NUST with collaboration of State Bank of Pakistan in
2011. The participants were given a comprehensive brief on preparing, analyzing
and reporting risk factors to their organizations which may poses from
individual customers and corporate organizations.
• Internal Credit Risk Model for HBFC HBFC is a public sector lending organization.
It deals with customers and organizations for borrowing money.
This structure require portfolio risk management mechanism. Our team prepared
an internal model for them which is being used in the organization.
• Meat vision Norway Presently I am working on this project. This project is
to calibrate a stochastic optimization model for Norwegian meat market.
• Worked as YSSPer 2006 (Young Scientist Summer Programme), IAASA
• CRMcomputational risk management group, University of Vienna, Austria.
• GBHPP worked as consultant in Ghazi Barotha Hydro Power Project. This
project was to prepare recommendation for govt. of Pakistan andWorld Bank
for land acquisition to lay a water channel from Ghazi to Barotha. This team
successfully established a land acquisition report following that no political,
social and economic unrest observed. The recommendations those were given
by this team were acceptable both for land owners and implementing bodies,
WAPDA and WB.
• Pension Fund Austria development of a model for Austrian pension fund.
• AURORA Advanced Models, Applications and Software for High Performance
• WEBOPT Webbased solutions for optimization problems (Asia IT&C Programm
• Coupling Methods in Markov Chain Optimization.