· Hydrogeology, Numerical Groundwater Flow Modeling
· Exploration Geophysics like Gravity, Magnetic, Well-logging, Electrical and Seismic techniques.
· Remote sensing and GIS
· Climate change
· Ahmad, Z, A.Iftikhar., G. Akhtar and A.Shazia 2005. Seismotectonics and Seismic Hazard analysis in selected area of Margala hills, Islamabad Pakistan Journal of Hydrocarbon Research, Vol.15, p.64-72.
· A.Aammir, Ahmad, Z, Akhtar G 2005. Structural interpretation of seismic profiles integrated with reservoir characteristics of Qadirpur Area, Pakistan., Pakistan Journal of Hydrocarbon Research, Vol.15,p.25-34.
· Ahmad, Z, A.Iftikhar., Akhter G. and Ashraf.A (2005-2006). Hrdrological Analysis of
· Ahmad, Z, Akhter, G. and A.Iftikhar.(2006). Criterion of Sanitary Landfill site Selection of using surface geophysical method. Journal of Asian Civilization (Formerly as Journal of
· Khalid A. Khan, Akhter, G , Ahmad, Z, Muneer A. Khan and Naveed A (June 2006) Wavelets - A Computer Based Training Tool for Seismic Signal Processing. Pakistan Journal of Hydrocarbon Research, Vol.6, p.37-43.
· Akhter G, Ahmad, Z., & Khalid A.K (2006). Excel Based Finite Difference Modeling of Ground Water Flow. Journal of Himalayan Earth Sciences (Formerly the Geological Bulletin), Vol. 39 p 49 – 53.
· Akhter G, Ahmad, Z., Farid. A & Imran. M (June 2006). Imaging the Varied Lithology by using Converted Shear Waves – A Case Study. Pakistan Journal of Hydrocarbon Research, Vol.6, p.45 – 50.
· Qayyum F, Akhter G and Ahmad, Z November (2008). Logical expressions a basic tool in reservoir characterization. Oil & Gas Journal, Vol.106 Issue 41 p.33 – 42
· Ahmad M, Khan M A, Zafar M, Hasan A, Ahmad Z, Akhter G, Gulzar S and Sultana S (2008). Base Catalyzed Transesterification of Brassica alba Oil and its Association with Mineralogy to Environment Friendly Biodiesel Asian Journal of Chemistry, Volume: 20 , Issue: 8 p 6402 – 6410
· Khalid A. Khan, Muneer A. Khan, Abbas G, Akhter, G and Ahmad, Z Jan.(2009). Algorithm helps define final 3D seismic survey polygon. Oil & Gas Journal, Vol.107 Issue 2 p.34 –38
· M. Sadiq, Ahmad, Z, and Akhter G (2009). A study on the evaluation of the geoid-quasigeoid separation term over
· Akhter G; Ahmad, Z and Ahmed N (June.2009) .Seismic, well data used to estimate pore pressure, predict overpressure. Volume 107 Issue 21 Oil & Gas Journal, pp36-41
· Ahmad, Z, Akhter G, Ashraf A and Fryar A (2010). Implications and concerns of deep-seated disposal of hydrocarbon exploration produced water using three-dimensional contaminant transport model in Bhit Area, Dadu District of Southern Pakistan. Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. Volume 170, Numbers 1-4, 395-406
· Ahmad, Z, Akhter, G, Bashir,F, Khan, M. A. and Ahmad, M (January,2010). Structural Interpretation of Seismic Profiles Integrated with Reservoir Characteristics of Bitrism Block (
· Khalid A. Khan, Akhter,G and Ahmad, Z (2010).OIL - Output input language for data connectivity between geoscientific software applications. Computers & Geosciences Vol.36, Issue 5, pp687-697
· Akhter, G., Ahmad, Z. and Munir Z, (March, 2010). Fault seal analysis indicates potential of Paleogene reservoirs in
· Akhter, G. Ahmad, Z. Iqbal, J. Shaheen, N and Shah,M. (2010)Physicochemical Characterization of Groundwater in Urban Areas of
· Khalid A. Khan, Akhter, G and Ahmad, Z (2011). GIS as Project Manager in Geophysical Applications Software. Journal of Geographic Information System, v.3, 166-172.
· Khalid A. Khan, Akhter,G and Ahmad, Z (2011). An ActiveX control for embedding GPS capability in custom applications GPS Solutions. Volume 15, Issue 4, Page 433-439
· Khalid A. Khan and Akhter, G (2011). Work flow shown to develop useful seismic velocity models. Oil & Gas Journal, Volume 109 Issue 16 pp. 52-61
· Khalid A. Khan, Akhter, G and Ahmad, Z (2011). Integrated geoscience databanks for interactive analysis and visualization. International Journal of Digital Earth. Online: 09 Dec 2011. 1-9, iFirst article DOI:10.1080/17538947.2011.638990
· Gulraiz Akhter, Asim Farid and Zulfiqar Ahmad (2012). Determining the depositional pattern by resistivity–seismic inversion for the aquifer system of Maira area, Pakistan Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Volume 184, Page 161-170 DOI: 10.1007/s10661-011-1955-4
· Munir H. Shah , Javed Iqbal , Nazia Shaheen, Nadeem Khan , Muhammad Aziz Choudhary and Gulraiz Akhter (2012).Assessment of background levels of trace metals in water and soil from a remote region of
· Khalid A. Khan, Akhter, G and Ahmad, Z (2012) DigiSeis – A software component for digitizing seismic signals using the PC Sound Card. Computers & Geosciences. Vol.43, pp217-220
· Javed Iqbal, Munir H. Shah, Syed A. Tirmizi and Gulraiz Akhter (2012) Evaluation of water quality for drinking and irrigation purpose from
Vol.34, No.6, pp 1565 - 1572.
· Javed Iqbal, Munir H. Shah and Gulraiz Akhter (2013). Characterization, source apportionment and health risk assessment of trace metals in freshwater
· Asim Farid, Khanzaib Jadoon, Gulraiz Akhter and Muhammad Asim Iqbal (2013) Hydrostratigraphy and Hydrogeology of western part of Maira Area Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan: a case study by using electrical resistivity. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Volume 185, Number 3, 2407-2422 DOI 10.1007/s10661-012-2720-z
Akhter, G , Ahmad, Z , Adnan Ishaq and Ali, A (2014). Integrated Interpretation with Gassmann fluid substitution for optimum field development of Sanghar area, Pakistan: a case study. Arabian Journal of Geosciences. DOI 10.1007/s12517-014-1664-8. Published Online.