1. ‘Synthesis, biological and electrochemical evaluation of novel nitroaromatics as potential anticancerous drugs’. Muhammad Shabbir, Zareen Akhter, Iqbal Ahmad, Safeer Ahmed, Hammad Ismail, BushraMirza, Vickie Mckee, Michael Bolte. Bioelectrochemistry Vol. 104, pp. 85-92 (2015). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bioelechem.2015.03.007 (IF=4.172).
2. "Electrochemical and photovoltaic study of sunset yellow and tartrazine dyes". Iqbal Ahmad, Shahzad Murtaza, Safeer Ahmed. Monatshefte fur Chemie,Vol. 146, pp.1631-1640 (2015). (DOI) 10.1007/s00706-015-1425-8. (IF=1.222).
3. “To explore a new class of material (X-type hexaferrites) for N2O decomposition.” B. Ul-ain, A. Zafar and S. Ahmed. Catalysis Science and Technology, Vol. 5 (14), pp. 1076-1083 (2015). DOI: 10.1039/c4cy00964a. (IF=5.426).
4. “Characterization of Aluminum Doped Lithium-Manganese Rich Composites for Higher Rate Lithium-Ion Cathodes.” M. Iftekhar, N. E. Drewett, A. R. Armstrong, D. Hesp, F. Braga, S. Ahmed, and L. J. Hardwick. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 161 (14), pp. A2109-A2116 (2014). [DOI: 10.1149/2.0441414jes]. (IF=3.266).
5. “An Investigation into Membrane Bound Redox Carriers Involved in Energy Transduction Mechanism in Brevibacterium linens DSM 20158 with Unsequenced Genome”. Khadija Shabbiri, Catherine H. Botting, Ahmad Adnan, Matthew Fuszard, Shahid Naseem, Safeer Ahmed, Shahida Shujaat, Quratulain Syed, Waqar Ahmad. Journal of Membrane biology, Vol. 247, pp.345-355 (2014). DOI 10.1007/s00232-014-9641-4. (IF=2.457)
6. Liquid|Liquid Interfacial Photoelectrochemistry of Chromoionophore I Immobilised in 4-(3-Phenylpropyl)Pyridine Microdroplets. Thomas R. Bartlett, Safeer Ahmed, Floriana Tuna, David Collison, Gary J. Blanchard, Frank Marken. ChemElectroChem. Vol. 01, pp.400-406; (2014). DOI: 10.1002/celc.201300090
(IF=Due in 2016)
7. Roll-on” nano-CIGSe film electrodes in photo-hydrogenation. Muhammad Saleem Abid, Safeer Ahmed, Ejaz Ahmed, Sabir Hussain, Josef Kiermaier, Frank-Michael Matysik, Gabriele Kociok-Köhn, John M. Mitchels, Frank Marken. J. Photochemistry and Photobiology-A Chemistry Vol. 276, pp.65-70 (2014). DOI:10.1016/j.jphotochem.2013.11.012. (IF=2.495)
8. “Formation of low density hydrous iron oxide via conformal transformation of MIL-53(Fe).” Talha J. Pirzada, Stuart A. MacGregor, Safeer Ahmed, Karen J. Edler, Harina Amer Hamzah, Dongmei Jiang, Andrew D. Burrows, John M. Mitchels, Ibrahim A. I. Hassan, Jonathan E. Halls and Frank Marken. Chemical Communications Vol. 49, pp.10593-10595; (2013). DOI: 10.1039/C3CC46655H, (IF=6.718)
9. “Effective Solubilization of Chalcones in Micellar Phase:Conductivity and Voltammetric Study.” Safeer Ahmed, Gul Tiaz Khan, and Syed Sakhawat Shah. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A.Vol.87 pp. 2264-2271 (2013). (IF=0.386). DOI: 10.1134/S0036024413130232
10. “Electrical and thermoelectric attributes of Ba2Co2Fe12−2x(Ti–Mn)xO22 and their catalytic activity for complete N2O decomposition”. Barkat Ul-ain, Safeer Ahmed, M. Anis ur Rehman, Yanqiang Huang and Clive A. Randall. New Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 37 pp. 2768-2777; (2013). DOI: 10.1039/C3NJ00309D, (IF=2.966)
11. “Electrochemical fabrication and preliminary examination of modified lead dioxide bulk and analytical electrodes”. Shahid Bilal Butt, Aqsa Hassan Ansari, Mohammad Ali, Safeer Ahmed, Monatshefte fur Chemie. Vol.144 pp. 1261-1269 (2013). DOI 10.1007/s00706-013-1002-y (IF=1.629)
12. On-line Anti-Acetylcholine Esterase Activity of Extracts of Oxystelma esculentum, Aerva javanica and Zanthoxylum armatum. Shahzad Murtaza, Tahseen Ghous, Safeer Ahmed, Raja Summe Ullah, Adil Abbas, Tauqeer Riaz, Yasir Altaf and Muhammad Khan. Journal of The Chemical Society of Pakistan, Vol. 35, pp. 800-803, 2013. (0.612)
13. “Catalytic decomposition of N2O on cobalt substituted barium hexaferrites” Barkat UL-Ain, Safeer Ahmed, Huang Yanqiang. Chinese journal of Catalysis, Vol.34 pp. 1357-1362 (2013).DOI:10.1016/S1872-2067(12)60587-7 (IF=1.304).
14. “Photoelectrochemical Transients for Chlorine/Hypochlorite Formation at “Roll-on” Nano-WO3 Film Electrodes” Safeer Ahmed, Ibrahim A.I. Hassan, Hayley Roy, and Frank Marken The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Vol. 117 pp. 7005-7012 (2013). DOI: 10.1021/jp400962t (IF=4.835)
15. “Mechanistic study of quinone- polyalcohol interaction through cyclic voltammetry”. Safeer Ahmed, Athar Yaseen Khan. Russian Journal of Electrochemistry Russia.Vol. 49 pp. 336-343 (2013). DOI: 10.1134/S1023193513040034 (IF=0.501)
16. “Dimeric ‘paddle wheel ’carboxylates of copper (II): synthesis, crystal structure and electrochemical studies” M. Iqbal, I. Ahmad, S. Ali, N. Muhammad, S. Ahmed, M. Sohail, Polyhedron Vol. 50 pp. 524-531(2013). DOI: 10.1016/j.poly.2012.11.037 (IF=1.813)
Attended (28). Delivered oral presentations (18)
1. ICONGET 2016, International conference on next generation Energy Technologies 2016. Organized by GIKI Institute of engineering sciences and technology, Topi, Pakistan. Presentation (18): (Invited speaker talk) ‘Y and Tl doped TiO2 Photoanodes for DSCs- Effect of Mesoporous Microsphere Layers’(April 1-3, 2016).
2. 26th National and 14th International Chemistry Conference, Department of Chemistry and Department of Biochemistry & Biotechnology, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan. Presentation (17): “Dye Sensitized Solar Cells- A Prospective Research Area for Chemists” (October 5-8, 2015).
3. Workshop on Advanced Chemical Techniques in Natural and Applied Sciences, organized by the Department of Chemistry in collaboration with Central Hi-Tech Laboratory, University of Agriculture Faisalabad. Pakistan. Presentation(16): (as a Resource Person) “Voltammetry- A cost effective but versatile technique of analyses” (September 10-12, 2015).
4. One day symposium on ‘Chemistry- the need of the hour’ at Department of Chemistry, University of Gujrat, Pakistan. Presentation(15): Electrochemistry-foundations and horizons ( 04, June, 2015)
5. Celebrating Light, International year of light ( IYL-2015, Abn Al-Haytham) Organized by National Centre for Physics, Islamabad, Pakistan. Presentation(14): Photoelectrochemical study of Nano-WO3 thin film electrodes in aqueous NaCl (2-3 February, 2015)
6. 25th National and 13th International Chemistry Conference, (silver Jubliee Event of the CSP), University of Punjab Lahore, Pakistan.. Presentation(13): “Electrochemical and optical study of some organic compounds as sensitizers for DSSC” (October 20-22, 2014)
7. ‘GIKI-SDSU international Symposium on Design of Dye-Synthesized Solar Cells for Cost Effective energy Harvesting’. Organized by GIKI Institute of engineering sciences and technology, Topi, Pakistan.Poster presentation (1) Photoelectrochemical transients for Cl2/ClO- formation at roll on nano-WO3 electrodes. (Dec. 13-14, 2013).
8. A meeting to Celebrate Chemistry and International Year of Chemistry, organized by Pakistan of Academy of Sciences in the Department of Chemistry, Quaid-i-Azam University of Islamabad . (Dec. 28, 2011).
9. National Symposium on Kinetics and Catalysis (KC-2011), Baragali Campus Abbottabad; organized by National Centre of Excellence in Physical Chemistry, University of Peshawar, Pakistan. Presentation(12): Heterogeneous Kinetics: Kinetics of ET reactions at Electrode- Electrolyte interface. (Sep. 26-28, 2011).
10. 36th International; Nathiagali Summer College on Physics and Contemporary needs; “Photovoltaics” by Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission and National Centre for Physics(NCP), NCP Islamabad. (04- 08 July, 2011).
11. 9th International and 21st National Chemistry Conference, University of Karachi & H.E.J research institute of Chemistry. Presentation(11): “Electrochemical Monitoring of Pre and Post γ-irradiated 4-Nitrophenol”. (March. 14-16, 2011).
12. 1st National Conference on Physical and Environmental Chemistry (PEC-2010), Baragali Campus Abbottabad; organized by National Centre of Excellence in Physical Chemistry, University of Peshawar, Pakistan. Presentation(10): “Electrochemical and Spectroscopic measure of Antioxidant activity of some flavonoids against DPPH”. (Sep. 27-29, 2010).
13. 1st International Conference on Sustainable Water Management in Developing Countries (SWM2010), Mehran University of Engineering and Technology (MUET), Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan, organized by department of Chemical engineering MUET and College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, UK. Presentation(9): “Electrochemical Analysis of Persistent Organic Pollutants in potable and waste water- Electrooxidation of some Chlorophenols on glassy carbon. (Sep.15-17, 2010).
14. Workshop on Applications of Nano-Technology (WANT2010), organized by National Centre for Physics Islamabad.(May 31- June 04, 2010).
15. 8th International and 20th National Chemistry Conference, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad; organized by Department of Chemistry Quaid-i-Azam University. Presentation(8): (Key note lecture): “Antioxidant behaviour of some flavonoids and plant extracts towards superoxide radical”. (Feb. 15-17, 2010).
16. 19th National Chemistry Conference, Bara gali Campus Abbottabad; organized by Department of Chemistry Kohat university of Science and Technology, Kohat. Presentation(7): “Synthesis and Characterization of TiO2 contained Conducting nanocomposites”. (June. 9-11, 2009).
17. Seminar on Frontiers of Chemistry and First Chemistry Alumni Meeting, Department of Chemistry, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad. (May. 15-16, 2009).
18. 33rd International; Nathiagali Summer College; “ Nano-Transport and Patterning, Advanced Materials” by Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission and National Centre for Physics, Nathiagali Abbottabad. (June 30- July 5, 2008).
19. One day Workshop on Nanomaterials, Centralized Resource Laboratory (CRL), Department of Physics, University of Peshawar. (April 23 2008).
20. Training Course on Teaching of Chemistry, F.G. Post Graduate College for women, F-7/2, Islamabad, by Federal directorate of Education. Presentation(6): (as a resource person): .Adsorption and Adsorption Isotherms. (April, 17 -29, 2006).
21. Training of Persons Working in Laboratories of Industries and in Government Institutions. Allama Iqbal Open University and Chemical Society of Pakistan. Lab instructor(5): (Resource person): Advance Experiments on Cyclic Voltammetry- Lab. (June 3 - 5, 2004).
22. Symposium on “Topics in Semiconductors and Workshop on Nanotechnologies”, Quaid-i-Azam university Islamabad, Organized by NCP and Pakistan Society for Semiconductors Science and Technologies. (April 12-17, 2004).
23. 5th International and 15th National Chemistry Conference, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad. Presentation(4): “Electrochemical and Computational interpretations of Hydrogen bonding of Naphthoquinones with Methanol”. (Nov. 24 -27, 2004).
24. 3rd international and 13th National Chemistry Conference, University of Karachi & H.E.J research institute of Chemistry. Topic: “Solvent Effect on Charge Transfer Spectra”. (Dec. 28-31, 2002).
25. Seminar on Strategies to Address the Present and Future Water Quality Issues; Holiday Inn Islamabad Hotel by PCRWR (March 6-7, 2002).
26. 2nd International and 12th National Chemistry Conference, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Presentation(3): “Electron Affinities of Some Organic Compounds”. (Feb. 4-6, 2002).
27. One week Training Workshop on Bioanalytical Techniques; Centre of Excellence in Analytical Chemistry, University of Sindh, Jamshoro (August 13-18, 2001).
28. 1st International and 11th National Chemistry Conference, University of Peshawar, Presentation(2): “Effect of Solvents on Some Multicentre Bipyridilium Compounds and Calculations of Their Interaction Energies”. (April 10-14, 2001).
29. 10th National Chemistry Conference, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad . Chemical Society of Pakistan. Presentation(1): “Kinetics and Electrochemical Studies on Superoxide”. (Oct. 23-28, 1999).