· Microbial production of industrially important metabolites with special focus on enzymes and metabolites of pharmaceutical importance
· Enzyme engineering and designing of new biocatalyst
· Enhancement of catalytic proficiency and specificity of enzymes for a given enzymatic activity
· Cloning, expression, mutagenesis studies, Bioinformatics, Structure/Function studies and modelling of different microbial enzymes
· Application of enzymes in various field for applied purposes
1 10th Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society of Microbiology at Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of the Punjab Lahore, 25-28 March, 2016.Rheinheimera TS-5 isolated as a potential producer of polyextremophilic α-amylase. (Posterl presentation).
2 2nd Annaual conference on Advances in Biotechnology. 12-13, March,2012, Thailand (Bangkok). Development of a sustainable method for modification of polyphenolic glucosides. (Oral presentation).
3 16th European Carbohydrate Symposium. July 2-8, 2011, Italy (Naples-Sorrento).
Khan S, Mahmood Tahir, Lindahl S, Turner C and Nordberg Karlsson E. Mutagenesis of substrate interacting residues in the active site of TnBgl1A for improved deglycosylation of antioxidants (Poster Presented)
4 9th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting. May 15-18, 2011, Portugal (Lisbon).
Khan S, Lindahl S, Turner C and Nordberg Karlsson E. Immobilization of thermostable β-glucosidases (TnBgl1A) for modification of antioxidants at high temperature (Poster Presented)
5 Thermophiles 2009, 16-21 August, Beijing, China.
Khan S, Lindahl S, Turner C and Nordberg Karlsson E. Immobilization of thermostable β-glucosidases (TnBglA) for modification of antioxidants using hot water (Poster Presented)
6 8th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting. May 10-13, 2009, Italy (Naples-Ischia).
Khan S, Lindahl S, Turner C and Nordberg Karlsson E. Modification of Glycosylated Antioxidants by the Thermostable Glucosidase Bgl1A (Poster Presented)
7 Sixth International Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology March 18-21 (2007).
Khan S, Hameed A, Ahmed S and Hasan F. Production of antibiotics by Bacillus pumilus immobilized in polyacrylamide (Poster Presented)