Food and Nutritional Microbiology
Microbial Diversity of Indigenous Fermented Foods
Interactions in Food related Microbial Communities
Food Safety, Food toxicology
3. Shakira Ghazanfar, M. I. Anjum, F. Hassan, I. Ahmed, M. Qbtiya, M. Afzal and M. Imran. 2015. Dietary Supplementation of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae on Production and Health Status in Lactating Dairy Cattle. In “3rd International workshop on Dairy Science Park, pp 65, November 16-18, 2015, Peshaware-Pakistan
4. Siddiqui SS, Zeb S, Imran M, Bakhtiar SM, In sight to genome shedding in Streptococcus thermophilus in response to environmental conditions. 3rd International Conference on emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences (ICETBB) CUST, Islamabad. October 2015
5. Khan MN, Imran m, Bakhtiar SM. Re-annotation of Lactococcus lactis genome. 3rd International Conference on emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences (ICETBB) CUST, Islamabad. October 2015
9. Farah Nawaz, Sadia Mehmood, Saima Riaz and M. Imran. 2015. Diversity and technological potential of locally isolated lactic acid bacteria from fermented milk. 10th Biennial International conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology. Exploring Microbes for future Endeavors. March 25-28,. Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Punjab, Lahore.
10. Noor ul Huda, Amina Zuberi, Baber Khan, M. Imran, Saeeda Raza. Strain base comparative effects of Dietary Probiotic Geotrichum candidum on digestive enzymes and body composition of Ctenopharyngodon idella and Tor putitora. 5th International Fisheries symposium, 24-25 February 2015, Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore Pakistan
11. Saima Khalid and Muhammad Imran. Comparaison of Molecular and Phenotypic Approaches to Evaluate Aflatoxigenic Potential of Aspergillus flavus.5th International Conference on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change. Sep. 9-11, 2014 at The University of Poonch Rawalakot (Oral Presentation).
12. Hafiz Arbab Sikandar, Muhammad Imran, Hafiz Khuram Waseem Aslam, Muhammad Asim, Azam Shakeel and Muhammad Shoaib Biodegradable Coating of Minimally Processed Melon: A New Tool For Food Preservation. National Conference on “Innovative Technologies and Sustainable Development in Agriculture” August 19-22, 2014 Agricultural University Teachers Association (AUTA) The University of Agriculture Peshawar-Pakistan at Bara Gali –Pakistan.
13. Noor ul Huda—M. Imran and Amina Zubari, 2014 comparative effect of three strains of dietary probiotics Geotrichum candidum on growth performance and immunity of Ctenopharyngodon idella and Tor Putitora, 34th Pakistan congress of Zoology, 25-27 Feb 2014. Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan-Pakistan.
14. Huda S. Kifayyat Ullah, S. Ahmed, Manzoor Khan, M. Imran and Amina Zubari. 2014. Effect of diferent strains of dietary probiotics on digestive enzymes on Juvenil Grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). 34th Pakistan congress of Zoology, 25-27 Feb 2014. Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan-Pakistan.
15. Momina Abbasi, Abu bakar Muhammad, Saima Riaz, Farah Nawaz and M. Imran. 2013. Impact of mix culture of Geotrichum candidum and lactic acid bacteria on yoghurt keeping quality. International Conference on Emerging Issues in Nutrition & Food safety, 21-23 Oct. 2013, University of Agriculture Faisalabad -Pakistan
16. Abu bakar Muhammad and M. Imran. 2013. Geotrichum candidum as a potential proteolytic microbe for food industry. International Conference on Emerging Issues in Nutrition & Food safety, 21-23 Oct. 2013, University of Agriculture Faisalabad –Pakistan.
17. Smayia Sharif, Nafeesa Qudsia Hanif, Shakira Ghazanfar, M. Imran, 2013. Effect of inoculant concentration on safety and nutritional quality of corn silage. International Conference, Application of Molecular Biology in Medicine and Agriculture, August 20-22, 2013. National Centre for Physics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
18. Imran, M., K. Saima, S. Ahmed, N. Desmasures, Impact of Microbial Diversity and Interactions on the Safety of Fermented Foods. 6th Annual World Congress of Industrial Biotechnology (IBIO-2013) Nanjing China 25-27 April 2013 (Oral Presentation).
19. Imran M. Starter Culture - An Import Substitute for Dairy and Health Sector. Invention to Innovation Summit 2013, organized by Institute of Research Promotion (IPR) in collaboration with PSF and PCST. 9-10 April, 2013. University of the Punjab Lahore Pakistan.
20. Abu Bakar M, Ikram-Ul-Haq, U. Hameed, S. Ahmed, M. I., Ali and M. Imran. Evaluation of cladophora sp. Oil for the production of biodiesel as renewable energy source. 33rd Pakistan Congress of Zoology. 2-4 April 2013. Islamabad (Oral presentation).
21. Imran, M., S. Ahmed, J-P Vernoux, and N. Desmasures. Evaluation of antagonistic interaction in a cheese Microcosm by using metaproteomic and metabolomics approaches. 2nd International conference future perspectives of food processing industry in Pakistan. December 11-12, 2012. Department of food Science, Govt. college university Faisalabad, Pakistan (Key note speaker).
22. Abu Bakar Muhammad, Ifra Ghori, Farah Nawaz, M. Imran. Future Challenges for Pakistani Food Industry Regarding Microbial safety. 2nd International conference future perspectives of food processing industry in Pakistan. December 11-12, 2012. Department of food Science, Govt. college university Faisalabad, Pakistan (Poster presentation, 3rd Price).
23. Waqas, A., S. Ahmed, M. Imran High incidence and antibiotic resistance of pathogenic bacteria in raw milk. 1st National Symposium on "New Horizons of Microbiology" Steps of Microbes on the Ladder of Life, November 7-8, 2012. Federal Urdu University of Arts Science and Technology, Karachi, Pakistan (Oral presentation).
24. Imran M., Desmasures N., Ahmad S., Hameed A. Vernoux J-P. Characterization of antilisterial activity of model microbial community in a cheese microcosm. International conference on emerging issues in food safety. 14-16th November, 2011. National institute of Food Science and technology, Faisalabad-Pakistan (Invited presentation).
25. Imran M., Iabbassen A, Panoff JM, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2010. Focusing Metaproteomic analysis of simple microbial community in a cheese microcosm. 8th Congress of French Society of Microbiology (SFM) Congress, Marseille, France, 2-4 June 2010 (Poster presentation)
26. Imran M, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2010. Role of Microbial Growth Dynamics in Antilisterial Activity of Model Microbial Communities Originating from Cheese. 110th General Meeting of American society for Microbiology (ASM), San Diego-California USA. 23-27 May 2010. (Poster presentation)
27. Imran M, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2009. Reconstitution of simple “smear like” microbial consortia active against Listeria monocytogenes in cheese agar 4th IDF (International Dairy Federation) Dairy Science and Technology Week 20-24 April 2009. Rennes-France (Poster presentation)
28. Imran M, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2009 Comparison of Listeria monocytogenes enumeration by rRNA hybridization and classical oxford media from micro-cheese agar. 12th Day of Doctorate school of Normandy, Integrative Biology, Health and Environment (EdNBISE) 20th March 2009, Rouen, France (Oral presentation)
- Research Projects
Genomic data submission
· Nucleotides Sequences Accession Numbers submitted to NCBI gene bank:
NCBI: accession Numbers: G. candidum: KT280407, Aspergillus flavus: No. KP036603, KP036602, Pichia kudriavzevii: KT987926, KT987927and Lactic acid bacteria: KP256006, KP256007, KP256008 KP256009, KP256010, KT021871, KT021872, KT021870, KT021869, KT021873, KT021874, KT021875, KP256018, KP273582, KP256013, KP256014, KP256015, KP256011, KP256012, KP256016, KP256017, KP256021, KP256019, KP826774,). KP036602, KP036603, KP826777, KT033699, KT033700, KT033701, KT033702, KP826775, KP826776.