Molecular Systematics; Applied Ethnobotany; Dual Use Education.
Book Published (International Publishers): 7
International Proceedings Published: 10
Articles published in international journals/ impact factor: 155
Articles published in national journals: 57
Graduation Thesis & Reports: 7
Newspaper article: 5
Urdu Booklet & Documentary Film Produced 1 + 1
Impact Factor >170
PUBLISHED BOOK (Main/Single Author; International Publishers)
Shinwari, ZK & Ayaz, A. 2002. Plant wealth of Ayubia National Park and Indigenous knowledge (Urdu). WWF-Pakistan.
Shinwari, ZK; Khan, AA and Nakaike, T 2003. Medicinal and other useful plants of district Swat-Pakistan. Pp 187 WWF-Pakistan
Shinwari, ZK; Nasim, A and Rahman, A. 2003. Biotechnology: Opportunities and Challenges in OIC member state countries (An Overview). Pp 121 COMSTECH-Islamabad-Pakistan.
Shinwari, Z. K., M. Rehman, T. Watanabe, and Y. Yoshikawa. 2006. Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of Pakistan (A Pictorial Guide). Pp. 492 Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat, Pakistan.
Gilani S.A., Z. K. Shinwari and K. N. Watanabe 2007 Monograph on Rhazya stricta. Mimatsu Corporation Tokyo, Japan.
Shinwari, ZK; Nasim, A and Qarshi, I. A. 2010. Biotechnology in Developing Countries: Opportunities and Challenges. Qarshi University, Lahore-Pakistan.
Shinwari, ZK; G. M. Mancini and W.J. Pinard 2011 An Introduction to Biorisk Management and Dual Use in Life Sciences. Landau Network Centro-Volta, Italy pp.144.
INTERNATIONAL PROCEEDINGS PUBLISHED
(Main Author; International Publishers):
Shinwari, Z.K. 1996 Proceedings First Workshop on Ethnobotany and its application to conservation Chief Editor PP 1- 227, WWF - ICIMOD - UNESCO - PARC.
Shinwari, Z K. & Ashiq A. Khan(Eds.) 2001 Proceedings Workshop on Ethnobotany and its application to Participatory Forest Management. WWF-Pakistan
Shinwari, Z K., A. Hamilton & Ashiq A. Khan(Eds.) 2002 Proceedings Workshop on Curriculum Development in Applied Ethnobotany. WWF-Pakistan.
Shinwari, Z.K. and Khan, AA 2003 Land Tenure and Resource Ownership. Proceedings: Consultative workshop on Land Tenure and Resource Ownership, Swat (Chief Organizer) (Sep. 2-4, 2002).
Hamilton, A.C., Pei Shengji, J. Kessy, Ashiq A. Khan, S. Lagos-Witte & Z.K. Shinwari 2003 The Purposes And Teaching Of Applied Ethnobotany, People And Plants Working Paper 11, March 2003.
Sarwar, M.; Khalid, A.M.; Shinwari, Z.K.; Malik, K.A. and Nasim, A. 2004 Advance Techniques in Biotechnology. Manual for an International workshop at NIBGE-Faisalabad-Pakistan. Jan. 5-17, 2004.
Aumeeruddy-Thomas, Y., Shinwari, Z. K., Ayaz, A. and Khan, A.A 2004 Fodder and fuelwood: ethnobotany and management at Ayubia National Park, Pakistan. Working Paper 14
Shinwari, Z.K., Watanabe, T., Ali, M and Anwar, R. 2005 International Symposium
Medicinal Plants: Linkages Beyond National Boundaries. Sep. 7-9, 2004. pp. 283. Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat-Pakistan.
Qaisar M and Z. K. Shinwari 2010 (Guest Editors) Pakistan Journal of Botany Special Issue (S.I. Ali Festschrift) (Vol 42, SI).
Shinwari, Z.K. and Showalter A. M. 2011 (Guest Editors) Pakistan Journal of Botany Special Issue (Medicinal Plants: Conservation & Sustainable Use) (Vol 43, SI).
Capacity Building in Applied Ethnobotany (A Case Study): Sustainable use of Natural Resources of Ayubia National Park. WWF-Pakistan (2002).
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS/ IMPACT FACTOR
1. Shinwari, Z.K.; R. Terauchi and S. Kawano 1994 Molecular Systematics of Liliaceae-Asparagoideae-Polygonatae. 1. RFLP analysis of cpDNA in several species of Asiatic Disporum species. Plant Species Bio. 9: 11-18.
2. Shinwari, Z.K.; R. Terauchi; F.H. Utech and S. Kawano 1994 Recognition of the New World Disporum Section Prosartes as Prosartes (Liliaceae) based on the sequence data of the rbcL gene. Taxon 43(3): 353-366.
3. Shinwari, Z.K.; R. Terauchi and S. Kawano 1994 Phylogenetic relationships among genera in the Liliaceae-Asparagoideae-Polygonatae sensu lato inferred from rbcL gene sequence data. PI. Systematic & Evolution 192: 263-277.
4. Shinwari, Z.K. 1995 Congruence between morphology and molecular phylogeneties in Prosartes (Liliaceae). Pak. J. Bot. 27(2): 361-369.
5. Shinwari, Z.K., Nakashima K, Miura S., Kasuga M., Seki M., Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, and Shinozaki K 1998. An Arabidopsis gene family Encoding
6. Shinwari, Z.K., K. Nakashima, S. Miura, M. Kasuga, K. Y.-Shinozaki, K. Shinozaki 1998 Identification of a Gene Family Encoding Dehydration-Responsive-Element (DRE) Binding Proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana and Analysis of its Promoter. Plant and cell physiology. 39: 106
7. Shinwari, Z.K 1998 Molecular Systematics of the genus Uvularia and related taxa based upon rbcL gene sequence data. Pak. J. Bot. 30(2): 161-172
8. Narusaka Y., Shinwari Z. K., Nakashima K., Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K., Shinozaki K. 1999 The Roles Of The Two Cis-Acting Elements, DRE and ABRE in the Dehydration, High Salt and Low Temperature Responsive Expression of the Rd29a Gene in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant and Cell Physiology. 40:91
9. Nakashima, K.; Shinwari, Z. K.; Miura, S.; Sakuma, Y.; Seki, M.; Yamaguchi-Shinozaki, K.; and Shinozaki, K. 2000 Structural organization, expression and promoter activity of an Arabidopsis gene family encoding
10. Shinwari, Z. K. 2000 Chloroplast
11. Yoshihiro Narusaka, Y., K. Nakashima, Z. K. Shinwari, K. Shinozaki, and K. Shinozaki 2001 Promoter analysis of DREB1 genes encoding transcription factors involved in cold responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant and cell physiology. 42: 94
12. Shinwari, Z. K. 2002 Sequence divergence of rbcL gene and Phylogenetic relationships in Liliales. Pak.J.Bot. 34(2): 191-204
13. Gilani, S. S., M. A. Khan, , Z. K. Shinwari and Z. Yousuf 2002 Leaf Epidermal Anatomy of Selected Digiteria Species, Tribe Paniceae, Family Poaceae of Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 34(3): 257-273
14. Narusaka, Y.; K. Nakashima; ZK Shinwari; Y. Sakuma, T. Furihata; H. Abe; M. Narusaka; K. Shinozaki and KY Shinozaki 2003 Interaction between two cis-acting elements, ABRE and
15. Gilani, S. S.; M. A. Khan; Z. K. Shinwari; F. Hussein and Z. Yousaf 2003 Taxonomic Relationship of the Genus Digitaria in Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot. 35 (3): 261-278
16. Gilani, S. S.; M. A. Khan; Z. K. Shinwari and A. Nasim 2003 A new subspecies of Digitaria sanguinalis from Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot. 35 (3):279-282
17. Shinwari, Z. K. & S. Gilani 2003 Sustainable harvest of medicinal plants at Bulashbar Nullah, Astore (Northern Pakistan). J. Ethnophormacology 84(2003): 289-298
18. Yousaf Z., Shinwari Z.K., Qureshi R.A., Khan, M.A. and Gilani, S.S. 2004 Can Complexity Of Genus Allium L. Be Resolved Through Some Numerical Techniques? Pak. J. Bot. 36(3): 487-501.
19. Masood, S., Y. Seiji, Z. K. Shinwari and R. Anwar. 2005. Mapping quantitative trait loci (QTLs) for salt tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa) using RFLPs. Pak. J. Bot., 36 (4): 825 – 834.
20. Yousuf Z., Masood S., Shinwari Z.K. Khan, M.A. and Rabbani, A. 2006 Evaluation of Taxonomic Status of Medicinal Species of the Genus Solanum and Capsicum Based on Poly Acrylamide Gel Electrophoresis. Pak. J. Bot., 38(1): 99-106
21. H. R. Afridi, S. S. Gilani, Z. K. Shinwari and J. Shah. 2007. Hedwigia ciliata (Hedw.) P. Beauv. A New Addition to the Moss Flora of Pakistan. New national and regional bryophyte records, 16 J. Bryology UK. 29:198-204
22. Gilani, S.A., Kikuchi, A., Shinwari, Z.K, Khattak, Z.I. and Watanabe, W.N. 2007 "Phytochemical, pharmacological, and ethnobotanical studies of Rhazya stricta Decne." Phytother. Res. 21, 301-307
23. Yousaf, Z., Z. K. Shinwari, R. A. Qureshi, and A. Perveen 2008 “Leaf epidermal anatomy of selected Allium species, family Alliaceae from Pakistan” Pak. J. Bot., 40(1): 77-90
24. Yousaf, Z., S. Masood, Z. K. Shinwari, M. A. Khan And A. Rabani 2008 Evaluation of taxonomic status of medicinal species of the genus Hyoscyamous, Withania, Atropa and Datura based on poly acrylamide gel electrophoresis. Pak. J. Bot., 40(6): 2289-2297.
25. Hussain, J., Khan, AL, Rehman, N., Hamayun, M., Shah T., Nisar M., Bano T., Shinwari, Z.K. and Lee, I. 2009 Proximate and nutrient analysis of selected vegetable species: A case study of Karak region, Pakistan. Afr. J. Biotechnol. 8 (12): 2725-2729
26. Hussain J., Hussain H., Shinwari ZK, Ahmad I., Hussain ST., and Ahmad V. 2009 Antibacterial Activity Of The Chemical Constituents From Ranunculus laetus. Chemistry of Natural Compounds. 45(5): 720-721
27. Kidokoro S. K. Nakashima, Z. K. Shinwari, ----- , K. Shinozaki, and K. Yamaguchi-Shinozaki 2009 The Phytochrome-Interacting Factor PIF7 Negatively Regulates DREB1 Expression under Circadian Control in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 151(4): 2046-2057 http://www.plantphysiol.org/cgi/content/short/pp.109.147033?keytype=ref&ijkey=DrjQEiJwpQK0lQ4
28. Khan A.L., J. Hussain J., M. Hamayun, Z. K. Shinwari, H. Khan, Y. Kang, S.M. Kang and I. Lee 2009 Inorganic Profile And Allelopathic Effect Of Endemic Inula Koelzii From Himalaya Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot. 41(5): 2517-2527
29. Yousuf, Z., M.A. Khan and Z.K. Shinwari 2009 A new variety of Solanum surattense Burm. From Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot. 41(6): 2097-2103
30. Hussain, J. A. L. Khan, N. Rehman, M. Hamayun, Z. K. Shinwari, W. Malik and I-J Lee 2009 Assessment of herbal products and their composite medicinal plants through proximate and micronutrients analysis. Journ. Med. Pl. Res. 3(12): 1072-1077
31. Shinwari, Z. K. I. Khan, S. Naz and A. Hussain 2009 Assessment of antibacterial activity of three plants used in Pakistan to cure respiratory diseases. African Journal of Biotechnology 8 (24): 7082-7086
32. Shinwari, Z.K. 2010 Medicinal Plants Research in Pakistan. Journ. Med. Pl. Res. 4(3): 161-176
33. Adnan M., J. Hussain, M.T. Shah, F. Ullah, Z.K. Shinwari, A. Bahadar and A.L. Khan 2010 Proximate and nutrient Composition of Medicinal Plants of Humid and Sub-humid regions in Northwest Pakistan. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research 4(4): 339-345
34. Gilani S. A., Y. Fujii, Z. K. Shinwari, M. Adnan, A. Kikuchi, K. N. Watanabe. 2010. Phytotoxic studies of medicinal plant species of Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 42 (2): 987 - 996.
35. Hamayun, M., S.A. Khan, Z.K. Shinwari, A.L. Khan, N. Ahmed and I-J Lee 2010 Effect Of Polyethylene Glycol Induced Drought Stress On Physio-Hormonal Attributes Of Soybean. Pak. J. Bot., 42(2): 977-986
36. Mahmood, T., S. Muhammad and Z.K. Shinwari 2010 Molecular and Morphological Characterization of Caralluma Species. Pak. J. Bot., 42(2): 1163-1171, 2010.
37. Qasim M., S. Gulzar, Z. K. Shinwari, I. Aziz and M. A. Khan 2010 Traditional Ethnobotanical Uses of Halophytes from Hub, Balochistan. Pak. J. Bot., 42(3): 1543-1551
38. Yousaf Z., Z. K. Shinwari and M. A. Khan 2010 Phenetic Analysis Of Medicinally Important Species Of The Genus Solanum From Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 42(3): 1827-1833
39. Hamayun M., E-Y. Sohn, S. A. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari, A. L. Khan and I-J Lee 2010 Silicon Alleviates The Adverse Effects Of Salinity and Drought Stress on Growth and Endogenous Plant Growth Hormones of Soybean (Glycine Max L.). Pak. J. Bot., 42(3): 1713-1722
40. Hussain J., N. R. Rehman, A. L. Khan, M. Hamayun, S. M. Hussain and Z. K. Shinwari 2010 Proximate And Nutrients Evaluation Of Selected Vegetables Species From Kohat Region, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 42(4): 2747-2755
41. Rabbani M.A., M. S. Masood, Z. K. Shinwari And K. Y. Shinozaki 2010 Genetic Analysis Of Basmati And Non-Basmati Pakistani Rice (Oryza Sativa L.) Cultivars Using Microsatellite Markers. Pak. J. Bot., 42(4): 2551-2564
42. Hamayun M., S. A. Khan, A. L. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari, I. Iqbal, E-Y Sohn, M.A. Khan and I-J Lee 2010 Effect Of Salt Stress On Growth Attributes And Endogenous Growth Hormones Of Soybean Cultivar Hwangkeumkong Pak. J. Bot., 42(5): 3103-3112
43. Pervaiz, Z.H., M. A. Rabbani, Z. K. Shinwari, M. S. Masood and S. A. Malik 2010 Assessment of Genetic Variability in Rice (Oryza sativa l.) Germplasm from Pakistan Using RAPD Markers. Pak. J. Bot., 42(5): 3369-3376
44. Ali A., Z. K. Shinwari and F. M. Sarim 2010 Contribution To The Algal Flora (Chlorophyta) Of Fresh Waters Of District Swat. NWFP, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot. 42(5):3457-3462
45. Mumtaz, SA; M. Naveed and Z. K. Shinwari 2010 Assessment Of Genetic Diversity And Germination Pattern In Selected Cotton Genotypes Of Pakistan.” Pak. J. Bot., 42(6): 3949-3956
46. Tang, D., M. Hamayun, Chae-In Na, A. L. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari And In-Jung Lee 2010 Germination Of Some Important Weeds As Influenced By Red Light And Nitrogenous Compounds. Pak. J. Bot., 42(6): 3739-3745
47. Ali, A., Z. K. Shinwari and F. M. Sarim 2010 Confidence Limits For Chlorophycean Members Recorded From Fresh Waters Of District Swat N.W.F.P. Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 42(6): 4157-4167
48. Shinwari, Z.K. and Shehla Shinwari 2010 Molecular Data and Phylogeny of Family Smilacaceae. Pak. J. Bot., Special Issue (S.I. Ali Festschrift) 42: 111-116
49. Hamayun, M. S. A. Khan, A. L. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari, N. Ahmad, Y-Ha Kim and In-J Lee 2011 Effect Of Foliar And Soil Application Of Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium On Yield Components Of Lentil. Pak. J. Bot., 43(1): 391-396
50. Hussain, J. F. U. Khan, R. Ullah, Z. Muhammad, N. Rehman, Z. K. Shinwari, I. U. Khan, M. Zohaib, I. Din and S. M. Hussain 2011Nutrient Evaluation and Elemental Analysis of Four Selected Medicinal Plants Of Khyber Pakhtoon Khwa, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 43(1): 427-434
51. Jan H. U., M. A. Rabbani and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Assessment of genetic diversity of indigenous turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) germplasm from Pakistan using RAPD markers. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 5(5): 823-830.
52. Jan, H.U. Z. K. Shinwari And A. A. Khan 2011 Staining Effect Of Dye Extracted From Dry Leaves Of Lawsonia Inermis Linn (Henna) On Angiospermic Stem Tissue. Pak. J. Bot., 43(1): 383-389
53. Alam, N., Z.K. Shinwari, M. Ilyas and Z. Ullah 2011 Indigenous knowledge of medicinal plants of Chagharzai valley, district Buner, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 43(2): 773-780
54. Ahmed, M., M. A. Anjum, Z. K. Shinwari, M. S. Awan and M. A. Rabbani - 2011 Assessment of variability in fruit quality parameters of Pyrus germplasm collected from Azad Jammu and Kashmir (Pakistan). Pak. J. Bot., 43(2): 971-981
55. Hussain, A., S. Naz, H. Nazir and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Tissue culture of black pepper (Piper nigrum L.) in Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 43(2): 1069-1078
56. Shinwari, Z.K., S. Sultan and T. Mehmood 2011 Molecular and Morphological Characterization of Selected Mentha Species. Pak. J. Bot., 43(3): 1433-1436
57. Ali, A. Z. K. Shinwari and M. K. Laghari 2011 Diversity of the Genera of Chlorophyta in Fresh Waters of District Swat N.W.F.P Pakistan Pak. J. Bot., 43(3): 1759-1764
58. Shaheen H., R. A. Qureshi & Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Structural Diversity, Vegetation Dynamics and Anthropogenic Impact on Lesser Himalayan Subtropical Forests of Bagh District, Kashmir. Pak. J. Bot., 43(4): 1861-1866
59. Shah, SMA., H. Rahman, F. M. Abbasi, M. A. Rabbani, I. A. Khan and Z. K. Shinwari. 2011 Inter specific variation of total seed protein in wild rice germplasm using
60. Akbar, F., M. A. Rabbani, M. S. Masood And Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Genetic Diversity Of Sesame (Sesamum Indicum L.) Germplasm From Pakistan Using RAPD Markers. Pak. J. Bot., 43(4): 2153-2160
61. S Farooq, SAMAS Eqani, RN Malik, Athanasios Katsoyiannis , G Zhang, Z Yanlin, J Li, L Xiang, KC Jones, ZK Shinwari (2011). Occurrence, finger printing and ecological risk assessment of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the River Chenab, Pakistan, J. Environ. Monit., 2011, 13 (11), 3207 – 3215
62. Ahmad N., Bin Guo, H. Fazal, B. H. Abbasi1, Chun-Zhao Liu, T. Mahmood and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Feasible plant regeneration in black pepper from petiole explants. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 5(18): 4590-4595.
63. Zeb A., Z. K. Shinwari and T. Mahmood 2011 Molecular Markers Assisted Genetic Characterization Of Some Selected Wild Poaceae Species. Pak. J. Bot., 43(5):2285-2288
64. Jan H.U., Z. K. Shinwari And K. B. Marwat 2011 Influence Of Herbal Dye Extracted From Dry Wood Of Indigenous Berberis Petiolaris Wall. In Plant Histological Staining. Pak. J. Bot., 43(5):2597-2600
65. Mumtaz, A.S. Dur-E-Nayab, M. J. Iqbal and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Probing Genetic Diversity to Characterize Red Rot Resistance in Sugarcane. Pak. J. Bot., 43(5):2513-2518
66. Akbar F., M.A. Rabbani, Z.K. Shinwari and S.J. Khan. 2011 Genetic Divergence in Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) Landraces based on Qualitative
67. Hussain J., N. R. Rehman, A.L. Khan, H. Hussain, A. Al-Harrasi, L. Ali, F. Sami and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Determination of Macro and Micronutrients and Nutritional Prospects of Six Vegetable Species of Mardan, PAKISTAN. Pak. J. Bot., 43(6): 2829-2833.
68. Khan AL, M. Hamayun, S. A. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari, M. Kamaran, Sang-Mo Kang, Jong-Guk Kim, In-Jung Lee. 2011. Pure culture of Metarhizium anisopliae LHL07 reporgrams soybean to higher growth and mitigates salt stress. World J. Microb Biotech. 28(4):1483-94.
69. Shinwari, Z.K. & M. Qaisar 2011 Efforts On Conservation and Sustainable Use of Medicinal Plants Of Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 5-10.
70. Abbasi B.H., A. Rashid, M. A. Khan, M. Ali, Z. K. Shinwari, N. Ahmad, T. Mahmood 2011 In Vitro Plant Regeneration In Sinapis Alba And Evaluation of its Radical Scavenging Activity. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 21-27.
71. Gilani S.A., Y. Fujii, A. Kikuchi, Z. K. Shinwari And K. N. Watanabe 2011 Ecological Consequences, Genetic And Chemical Variations in Fragmented Populations of a Medicinal Plant, Justicia adhatoda and Implications for its Conservation. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 29-37.
72. Hussain H., J. Hussain, A. Al-Harrasi and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Chemistry of Some Species Genus Lantana. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 51-62.
73. Mahmood A., R. N. Malik, Z. K. Shinwari and A. Mahmood 2011 Ethnobotanical Survey of Plants from Neelum, Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 105-110.
74. Saqib Z., R. N. Malik, M. I. Shinwari and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Species Richness, Ethnobotanical Species Richness and Human Settlements along a Himalayan Altitudinal Gradient: Prioritizing Plant Conservation in Palas Valley, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 129-133.
75. Sultana S., M. A. Khan, M. Ahmad, A. Bano, M. Zafar and Z. K. Shinwari 2011 Authentication of Herbal Medicine Neem (Azadirachta Indica A.Juss.) by Using Taxonomic and Pharmacognostic Techniques. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 141-150.
76. Walter C., Z. K. Shinwari, I. Afzal and R. N. Malik 2011 Antibacterial Activity in Herbal Products Used in Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 43 (Special Issue): 155-162.
77. Jabeen A., B. Guo, B. H. Abbasi, Z. K. Shinwari1 and T. Mahmood 2012
Phylogenetics of selected Mentha species on the basis of rps8, rps11 and rps14 chloroplast genes. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research Vol. 6(1): 30-36
78. Shaheen H., & Z. K. Shinwari 2012 Phyto diversity and Endemic richness of Karambar Lake Vegetation from Chitral, Hindukush- Himalayas. Pak. J. Bot., 44(1): 17-21
79. Kang, S-M, A. L. Khan, M. Hamayun, Z. K. Shinwari, Yoon-Ha Kim, Gil-Jae Joo and In-Jung Lee – 2012 Acinetobacter calcoaceticus ameliorated plant growth and influenced gibberellins and functional biochemicals. Pak. J. Bot., 44(1): 365-372
80. Rasheed A., A. S. Mumtaz and Z. K. Shinwari 2012 Genetic Characterization of Novel Lr Gene Stack in Spring Wheat Variety Chakwal86 and its Effectiveness Against Leaf Rust In Rain Fed Areas Of Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 44(2): 507-510
81. Shaheen H., Z. K. Shinwari, R. A. Qureshi and Z. Ullah 2012 Indigenous Plant Resources and their Utilization Practices in Village Populations of Kashmir Himalayas Pak. J. Bot., 44(2): 739-745
82. Malik, R. N., Z. K. Shinwari, H. Waheed 2012 Linkages Between Spatial Variations in Riparian Vegetation and Floristic Quality to the Environmental Heterogeneity: A Case Study of River Soan and its Associated Streams, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 44 (SI1): 187-197
83. Sultan, M., M. A. Rabbani, Z. K. Shinwari and M. Shahid Masood 2012 Phenotypic Divergence in Guar (Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba) Landrace Genotypes of Pakistan Pak. J. Bot., 44 (SI1): 203-210
84. Jan H.U., M. A. Rabbani and Z. K. Shinwari 2012 Estimation Of Genetic Variability In Turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) Germplasm Using Agro-Morphological Traits Pak. J. Bot., 44 (SI1): 231-238
85. Yoon-Ha Kim, A. L. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari, Duck-Hwan Kim, M. Waqas, M. Kamran and In-Jung Lee 2012 A Silicon Treatment to Rice (Oryza Sativa L. Cv ‘Gopumbyeo’) Plants During Different Growth Periods and its Effects on Rice Growth and Grain Yield. Pak. J. Bot., 44(3): 891-897
86. Turi, N. A., Farhatullah, M. A. Rabbani and Z. K. Shinwari 2012 Genetic Diversity in the Locally Collected Brassica Species of Pakistan Based on Microsatellite Markers". Pak. J. Bot., 44(3): 1029-1035.
87. Shinwari, ZK; S.A. Gilani and A.L. Khan 2012 Biodiversity Loss, Emerging Infectious Diseases and Impact on Human and Crops. Pak. J. Bot., 44: 137-142, Special Issue May 2012.
88. Ilyas M., Z.K. Shinwari and R. Qureshi 2012 Vegetation Composition and Threats to the Montane Temperate Forest Ecosystem of Qalagai Hills, Swat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 44: 113-122, Special Issue May 2012.
89. Kuroyanagi,M., M. Murata, T. Nakane, O. Shirota, S. Sekita, H. Fuchino, and Z. K. Shinwari 2012 Leishmanicidal Active Withanolides from a Pakistani Medicinal Plant, Withania coagulans Chem. Pharm. Bull. 60(7) 892–897.
90. Llabjani V., R. N. Malik, J. Trevisan, V. Hoti, J. Ukpebor, Z. K. Shinwari, C. Moeckel, K. C. Jones, R. F. Shore, F. L. Martin. 2012 Alterations in the infrared spectral signature of avian feathers reflect potential chemical exposure: A pilot study comparing two sites in Pakistan. Environment International 48 (2012):39-46
91. Sarwat, Z. K. Shinwari and N. Ahmad 2012 Screening of potential medicinal plants from district Swat specific for controlling women diseases. Pak. J. Bot., 44(4):1193-1198.
92. Khan, A.M., R. A. Qureshi, F. Ullah, Z. K. Shinwari and J. Khan 2012 Flavonoids distribution in selected medicinal plants of Margalla hills and surroundings. Pak. J. Bot., 44(4): 1241-1245.
93. Khan, SA, M. Hamayun, A. L. Khan, In-Jung Lee, Z. K. Shinwari and Jong-Guk Kim 2012 Isolation of plant growth promoting endophytic fungi from dicots inhabiting coastal sand dunes of Korea. Pak. J. Bot., 44(4):1453-1460.
94. Khan, AL., Z. K. Shinwari, Yoon-Ha Kim, M. Waqas, M. Hamayun, M. Kamran, In-Jung
Lee 2012 Isolation and detection of Gibberellins and indole acetic acid from Endophyte Chaetomium globosum LK4 growing with drought stressed plant. Pak. J. Bot., 44(5): 1601-1607
95. Gul F., Z. K. Shinwari and I. Afzal 2012 Screening of Indigenous Knowledge of
Herbal Remedies for Skin Diseases among Local Communities of North West Punjab. Pak. J. Bot., 44(5): 1609-1616
96. Banaras, S., S. Aman, M. Zafar, M. Khan, S. Abbas, Z. K. Shinwari, S. N Shakeel 2012 Molecular Identification And Comparative Analysis Of Novel 18s Ribosomal RNA Genomic Sequences Of Wide Range Of Medicinal Plants. Pak. J. Bot., 44(6): 2021-2026
97. Akbar, F., N. Yousaf, M. A. Rabbani, Z. K. Shinwari and M. S. Masood 2012 Study of total seed proteins pattern of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) landraces via sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE). Pak. J. Bot., 44(6): 2009-2014
98. Nadeem, M., Z.K. Shinwari and M. Qaisar 2013 Screening of Folk Remedies by Genus Artemisia Based on Ethnomedicinal Surveys and Traditional Knowledge of Native Communities Of Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 45(S1): 111-117
99. Shaheen, S., N. Haroon, Z. K. Shinwari, R. B. Tareen and M. I. Shinwari 2013 Systematic Identification Of Genus Brachiaria On The Basis Of Vegetative and Floral Morpho-Palynological Markers (Lm & Sem). Pak. J. Bot., 45(SI): 143-149
100. Shinwari, S., A. S. Mumtaz, M. A. Rabbani, F. Akbar, and Z. K. Shinwari 2013 Genetic Divergence in Taramira (Eruca sativa L.) Germplasm Based On Quantitative and Qualitative Characters. Pak. J. Bot., 45(SI): 375-381
101. Zada M., N. Zakir, M. A. Rabbani and Z. K. Shinwari 2013 Assessment of Genetic variation in Ethiopian Mustard (Brassica Carinata A. Braun) Germplasm using Multivariate Techniques. Pak. J. Bot., 45(S1): 583-593
102. Ahmad, I., M. Hussain, M. S. A. Ahmad, M. Hameed, M. Y. Ashraf, Z. K. Shinwari, T. Nawaz, R. Batool and S. Fatima 2013 Spatio-Temporal Variations in Some Medicinally Important Biochemical Constituents of Peganum Harmala (Hermal). Pak. J. Bot., 45(S1): 601-607
103. Ilyas, M., M., R. Qureshi, Z. K. Shinwari, M. Arshad, S. N Mirza, Zia-Ul-Haq 2013 Some Ethnoecological Aspects of the Plants of Qalagai Hills, Kabal Valley, Swat, Pakistan. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology. 15(5): 801-810
104. Ibrahim, M., N. Ahmad, Z. K. Shinwari and A. Bano, F. Ullah 2013 Allelopathic Assessment of Genetically Modified and Non Modified Maize (Zea Mays L.) on Physiology of Wheat (Triticum Aestivum L). Pak. J. Bot., 45(1): 235-240
105. Shinwari Z.K., N. Ahmed, J. Hussain and N.U. Rehman 2013 Antimicrobial Evaluation and Proximate Profile ofNepeta leavigata, Nepeta kurramensis and Rhynchosia reniformis. Pak. J. Bot., 45(1): 253-259
106. Zada, M., Z. K. Shinwari, Nahida Zakir And M. A. Rabbani 2013 Study of total Seed Storage Proteins in Ethiopian Mustard (Brassica Carinata A. Braun) Germplasm. Pak. J. Bot., 45(2): 443-448.
107. Aman, S. M. Iqbal, S. Abbas, S. Banaras, M. Awais, I. Ahmad, Z. K. Shinwari, S. N Shakeel 2013 Molecular And Comparative Analysis Of Newly Isolated Beta-Tubulin Partial Gene Sequences From Selected Medicinal Plants. Pak. J. Bot., 45(2): 507-512
108. Deeb, T., K. Knio, Z. K. Shinwari, S. Kreydiyyeh and E. Baydoun 2013 Survey of Medicinal Plants Currently Used by Herbalists in Lebanon. Pak. J. Bot., 45(2): 543-555
109. Sultan, M., N. Zakir, M. A. Rabbani, Z. K. Shinwari1 and M. S. Masood 2013 Genetic Diversity of Guar (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba L.) Landraces from Pakistan Based on RAPD Markers. Pak. J. Bot., 45(3): 865-870.
110. Khan, SA, Z. K. Shinwari and M. A. Rabbani 2013 Study of Total Seed Protein Pattern of Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Breeding Lines of Pakistan Through SDS-Page. Pak. J. Bot., 45(3): 871-876.
111. Mahmood, A., A. Mahmood, R. N. Malik, Z. K. Shinwari 2013 Indigenous knowledge of medicinal plants from Gujranwala district, Pakistan . Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 148(2):714-723.
112. Shinwari, S., F. Akbar , M. A. Rabbani, A. S. Mumtaz and Z. K. Shinwari 2013 Evaluation of Genetic Diversity in Different Genotypes of Eruca sativa from Pakistan by SDS-Page Analysis. Pak. J. Bot., 45(4): 1235-1240
113. Shinwari, Z.K., M. Saleema, R. Faisal, S. Huda and M. Asrar 2013 Biological Screening of Indigenous Knowledge based Plants used in Diarrheal Treatment. Pak. J. Bot., 45(4): 1375-1382
114. Ullah, M., M.U. Khan, A. Mahmood, R.N. Malik, M. Hussain, S.M. Wazir, M. Daud and Z.K. Shinwari 2013 An ethnobotanical survey of indigenous medicinal plants in Wana district south Waziristan agency, Pakistan. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S037887411300679X (Add HEC)
115. Naz, F., S. Qamarunnisa, Z. K. Shinwari, A. Azhar, and S. I. Ali 2013 Phytochemical Investigation of Tamarix indica Willd. and Tamarix passernioides Del Ex Desv. Leaves From Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 45(5): 1503-1507
116. Hussain, A. I. A. Qarshi, H. Nazir, I. Ullah, M. Rashid and Z. K. Shinwari 2013 Invitro Callogenesis and Organogenesis in Taxus wallichiana Zucc.; The Himalayan Yew. Pak. J. Bot., 45(5): 1755-1759
117. Hussain, J., N U Rehman, A.L. Khan, L. Ali, A. Al-Harrasi, Z.K. Shinwari and H. Hussain 2013 Proximate Based Comparative Assessment of Five Medicinal Plants to Meet the Challenges of Malnutrition. European Journal of Medicinal Plants 3(3): 444-453
118. Ahmad, N., Z. K. Shinwari, S. Bashir and M. Yasir 2013 Function and Pylogenetic Characterization of Rhizospheric Bacteria Associated With GM and Non GM Maize. Pak. J. Bot., 45(5): 1781-1788
119. Khan S., A. S. Mumtaz, G. Mustafa, M. Naveed, Z. K. Shinwari and A. Downie 2013 The Lc-ms/ms profiling of AHLs produced in Sinorhizobium meliloti Nodulating Alysicarpus bupleurifolius. Pak. J. Bot., 45(6): 2037-2041.
120. Hussain, J., N. U. Rehman, Z. K. Shinwari, L. Ali, F. Mabood, A. Al-Harrasi 2013 Quality Characteristics of the Commonly used Vegetables in Usterzai - A Native Village of the Kohat Region. Pak. J. Bot., 45(6): 2071-2074
121. Ibrahim, M., Z. K. Shinwari and F. Ullah 2013 Comparative impact of genetically modified and non modified maize (Zea mays L.) on succeeding crop and associated weed. Toxicology and Industrial Health
122. Ali, Z., R. N. Malik, Z.K. Shinwari and A. Qadir 2013 Enrichment, risk assessment, and statistical apportionment of heavy metals in tannery-affected areas. , http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s13762-013-0428-4
123. Syed, K. and Z.K. Shinwari 2013 Physiological biosafety assessment of genetically modifiedcanola on weed (Avena sativa). Toxicol Ind Health
124. Syed, K. and Z.K. Shinwari 2013 Allelopathic effect of methanolic extracts of genetically modified and non-genetically modified canola on soybean. Toxicol Ind Health0748233713501366
125. Junaid, M., M. U. Khan, F. Ahmad, R. N. Malik and Z. K. Shinwari 2013 Rice Husk as Dyes Removal from Impregnated Cotton Wastes Generated in Sports Industries of Sialkot, Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot., 46(1):
126. Khan M.A., B. H. Abbasi and Z.K. Shinwari. 2013 Thidiazuron Enhanced Regeneration And Silymarin Content In Silybum Marianum L. Pak. J. Bot., 46(1):
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
127. Shah, M.; Z.K. Shinwari; M.K. Leghari and T. Nakaike 1992 A note on centre of diversity of the genus Potentilla (Rosaceae). Bull. Natn. Sci. Mus., Tokyo Ser. B, 18(3): 117-122.
128. Shinwari, Z.K. and M.N. Chaudheri 1992 A taxonomic revision of genus Mentha from Pakistan Acta Phytotax. Geobot. 43(2): 97-110.
129. Shinwari, Z.K.; R. Terauchi and S. Kawano 1992 RFLP analysis of cpDNA of Disporum and several related genera of Liliaceae- Polygonatae. In Kawano, S. Comparative Floristic and Ecological studies o the temperate elements in North America. Report of 1989- 1991 North America Project. 142-148.
130. Shinwari, Z.K.; R. Terauchi and S. Kawano 1992 Molecular Systematics of the Liliaceae-Polygonatae. 1. RFLP analysis of cpDNA in several Disporum species. In Kawano, S. Comparative Floristic and Ecological studies on the temperate elements in North America. Report of 1989-1991 North America Project. Pp. 131-141.
131. Fukuhara. T. and Z.K. Shinwari, 1994 Seed coat anatomy of the Northern Hemispheric Uvulariaceae (Liliales): Systematic implications. Acta Phytotax. Geobot. 45(1): 1-14.
132. Utech, F.H.; Z.K. Shinwari and S. Kawano 1995 Biosystematic studies in Disporum (Liliaceae) VI. Recognition of the North American Section Prosartes as an autonomous genus. Mem. Fac. Sci. Kyoto Univ. (Ser. Biol.), 16: 1.41.
133. Shinwari ZK; K. Hayashi, R. Terauchi and S. Kawano 1998 rbcL sequence divergence and Phylogenetic relationship in Liliales. Pages 384-393. Publisher Floristic characteristics and diversity of East Asian plants: proceedings of the first international symposium of floristic characteristics and diversity of East Asian plants: Springer Verlag Beijing: China Higher Education Press.
134. Shinozaki K, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Liu Q, Kasuga M, Ichimura K, Mizoguchi T, Urao T, Miyata S, Nakashima K, Shinwari ZK, Abe H, Sakuma Y, Ito T, Seki M. 1999. Molecular responses to drought stress in plants: regulation of gene expression and signal transduction. In: Smallwood MF, Calvert CM, Bowles DJ, eds. Plant responses to environmental stress. Bios Scientific Publishers Ltd., 133–143.
135. Watanabe, T; Z. K. Shinwari; K.J. Malla and B. K. Basnet 2000 Medicinal Edible Plants Used in the Himalayas and their Cultures. Foods & Food Ingredients, Journal of Japan No. 184-2000: 40-56
136. Shinwari, Z. K.; T. Watanabe; S. Gilani and I. K. Wazir 2001 Aromatic Plants of Pakistan. Aroma Research 2(2): 195-201
137. Shinwari, Z. K.; T. Watanabe and Z. Yousuf 2000 Medicinal Plants of Pakistan: An Overview. Proceedings Nepal-Japan Joint Symposium on Conservation of Natural Medicinal Resources and their Utilization, Kathmandu-Nepal, Nov. 5-11, 2000.
138. Shinwari, Z. K.; S. Gilani and T. Nakaike 2000 Status of Medicinal Plants in Pakistani Hindu-Kush-Himalayas. Nepal-Japan Joint Symposium on Conservation of Natural Medicinal Resources and their Utilization, Kathmandu-Nepal, Nov. 5-11, 2000.
139. Shinwari, Z. K. 2002 Ethnobotany and its application to conservation in Swat-Himalaya, Pakistan. 145-159 Pro-Natura, Japan
140. Shinozaki. Y. K., Kasuga. M., Liu.Q., Nakashima.K., Sakuma.Y., Abe.H., Shinwari.Z.K., Seki.M. and Shinozaki.K. Biological mechanisms of drought stress response. JIRCAS working report 2002: 1-8.
141. Latif, A.; Shinwari, Z. K. and Begum, S. Potential and Market Status of Mushrooms as Non-Timber Forest Products in Pakistan. Ethnobotanical Leaflets. 2003. http://www.siu.edu/~ebl/.
142. Nasim, A. and ZK Shinwari 2003 Biotechnology in the Islamic World: Challenges and Opportunities. In Majali, A.S., Ergin, M and Zoubi, M.R. (Eds.) Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering for development in the Islamic World. Islamic Academy of Sciences, Amman, Jordan.
143. Khan, B.R., Iqbal, M. & Shinwari, Z.K. 2004 Part
144. Hamayun, M. and Z.K. Shinwari 2004 Folk Methodology of Charas (Hashish) Production and Its marketing at Afridi Tirah, FATA, Pakistan. Journal OF Industrial Hemp, Production Processing and Products. 9 (2): 41-50.
145. Latif, A., Shinwari, Z.K., Hussain, J. and Hussain, S.M. 2006 NTFPs: An alternative to forest logging in Maindam and Sulatanr Valleys Pakistan Lyonia- Honolulu, USA, ISSN: 0888-9619. www.lyonia.org.
146. Adnan, S.M., Khan, A. A., Latif, A. & Shinwari, Z.K. Oct. 2006 Threats to the sustainability of Ethno-Medicinal uses in Northern Pakistan (A Case Study of Miandam Valley, District Swat, NWFP Province, Pakistan). (11)2: 1-10 Download at: http://www.lyonia.org/downloadPDF.php?pdfID=2.494.1
147. Shinwari, Z.K. 2008 Importance of Ethnobotany in Nature –based Drug Discovery. In: Ahmed, . & Dar. A. Advances in Natural Products Importance in Health & Economy. NAM S & T Centre, Daya Publishing House Delhi. Pp.154-159
148. Shinwari, Z. K. 2008 Sustainable Agriculture & Educational Progress in Pakistan http://www.scienceboard.net/community/memberSpotlight.asp?spotid=151
149. Shinwari, Z. K. 2009 Loss of Biodiversity in the Pakistani Hindukush Himalayas. Online publication http://www.scienceboard.net/community/perspectives.230.html
150. Hussain, J, A. L. Khan, N. Rehman, F. Khan and Z. K. Shinwari 2009 Proximate and Nutrient investigations of selected medicinal species of Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 8(5): 620-624.
151. Shinwari, Z.K. & S. Shinwari 2010 Towards Greener Asia: Poverty Reduction helps in Conservation & Sustainable Use of Biodiversity” in Proceedings of 2010 AASA International Symposium on ‘One Green Asia’ 18-22 Oct., 2010 pp. 133-141. In Hotel Kyo-yuk Mun-hwa Hoekwan, Seoul, Korea, Hosted by The Korean Academy of Science & Technology (KAST).
152. Shinwari, Z.K., A. L. Khan and In-Jung Lee 2012 Ethnobotnical, Phytochemical, Pharmacological and Conservational Studies on Glycyrrhiza glabra: An Overview in Pakistan. In: V.K. Gupta, Traditional and Folk Herbal Medicine: Recent Researches Vol 1:133-154(2012). Published by: Daya Publishing House, New Delhi-India.
153. Shinwari, Z.K. 2012 Medicinal plant Research and Pakistani Scientist’s Problems. In Masood, MS; MA Rabbani; S. U. Siddiqui & A. Javaid Conservation and Sustainable utilization of Medicinal Plants in Pakistan. IABGR-NARC, Islamabad. Pp 12-16.
154. Hussain W., J. Hussain, R. Ali, I. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari and I. A. Nascimento 2012 Tradable and Conervation Status of Medicinal Plants of Kurram Valley, Parachinar, Pakistan. J App Pharm Sci. 2 (10): 066-070.
155. Hussain W., J. Hussain, R. Ali,, S. Hussain, M. A. Khan, I. Khan, Z. K. Shinwari, W. A. Lopes and I. A. Nascimento. 2012 Phytomedicinal Studies of Kurram Agency in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan. J App Pharm Sci. 2 (10): 081-085.
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN NATIONAL JOURNALS
156. Shinwari, Z.K. and I.K. Wazir, 1988 A key and checklist to the weeds of wheat fields of Bannu District, Pakistan J. Agr. Res. 9(4): 561-573.
157. Shinwari, Z.K. S. Malik and M. Shah, 1988 Summer Flora of Dera Bugti Area, Baluchistan. Biologia 34(2): 237-247.
158. Shah, S.M.; Z.K. Shinwari and J. Shah, 1989 Liliaceae of Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Abbotabad and Mansehra Districts. Sci. Khyber 2(1): 41-58.
159. Shinwari, Z.K. and F. Bano 1989 History of cultivation in Pakistan. Pakis. No. 19&20;53-59.
160. Shinwari, Z.K. and S. Malik 1989 Plant Wealth of Dera Bugti Area, Baluchistan. Progressive Farming 9(1): 39-42.
161. Shinwari, Z.K.; S. Gorsi and M. R. Awan 1990 Taxonomic studies on the weeds of wheat fields in Attock District. Pak. J. Weed Sci. Res. 3(1): 31-41.
162. Marwat, Q. and Z.K. Shinwari, 1990 A checklist of the Flora of Muslakh Range, Pishin, Baluchistan, Pakistan. Biologia 36(1): 109-116.
163. Awan, M.R.; Z.K. Shinwari, and Z.D. Khattak, 1990 Orographic distribution of Umbelliferae in Hazara Division. Sci. Khyber 3(2): 217-226.
164. Shinwari, Z.K. and M.N. Chaudheri, 1990 A new species of Family Labiatae from Pakistan. Biologia 36(2):67.
165. Gorsi, S.; Z.K. Shinwari and M. Arshad 1991 Preliminary studies o weeds of Rice Fields of Rechina-Doab. Pak. J. Weed Sci. Res. 4(1): 62-68.
166. Shinwari, Z.K.; M. Shah and M.R. Awan 1992 Central Asiatic Influence in the Flora of Pakistan (Part I Family Labiatae). Central Asia No. 31: 79-94.
167. Shinwari, Z.K. 1993 Firewood Crops: Shrub and Tree Species in NWFP. Pakistan Pak. J. Agr. Res. 14(1): 92-100.
168. Shinwari, Z.K. and M.N. Chaudheri 1994 New species of genus Nepeta (Labiatae) from Pakistan. Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res. 37(11): 477- 478.
169. Shinwari, Z.K. 1995 Introduction of new Techniques in Biological Sciences in Pakistan: I: Future Directions for Plant Systematics using RFLP Sci. Tech. Dev. 14(4): 22-30
170. Shah, M. and Z.K. Shinwari 1996 Distribution of the genus Potentilla (Rosaceae) in Pakistan. Natural History Bulletin. 2(1): 47- 55.
171. Shinwari, Z.K. 1996 Ethnobotany in Pakistan : Sustainable and participatory approach. Proc. First Train. Workshop. Etho. Appl. Conserv. 16-25; NARC, Islamabad-Pakistan.
172. Sultana, K. & Shinwari, Z.K. 1996 Diversity of Edible Mushrooms in Pakistan. IbD. 46-50.
173. Marwat, Q. & Shinwari, Z.K. 1996 Ethnobotaniyal studies in upper Siran IbID 73-82.
174. Shinwari, MI & Shinwari, Z.K. 1996 Ethnobotany of Kaghan Valley. IbId 94-103.
175. Shinwari, Z.K. 1996 Ethnobotany of Kharan district, Baluchistan (Pakistan). Ibid 124 -132.
176. Shah, M. and Z.K. Shinwari 1996 Traditional uses of Potentilla species in Pakistan. IbiD 158-167.
177. Sultana, K.; Shinwari, Z.K.; Shah, M. and Inam, B. 1997 Occurrence of rust species on four hosts of the family Labiatae. Pak. J. Pl. Sci. 3(1): 47-52.
178. Shinwari, Z. K. 2000 Plant Gene Isolation. Course Manual NIBGE-PARC Training Course on Molecular Breeding 09-12 May, 2000 at NIBGE-Faisalabad pp. 34-37.
179. Shinwari, Z. K. 2000 Function and Regulation of genes that are induced by Dehydration Stress. SCIENCE VISION 5(4): 39-47.
180. Shinwari, Z. K. 2000 Molecular Markers in Plant Improvement. Sci. Tech. Dev. 19(3): 39-45.
181. Shinwari ZK and Ashiq A. Khan 2001 Participatory Forest Management: Concept and Practices. In Shinwari, Z K. & Ashiq A. Khan (Eds.) Proceedings Workshop on Ethnobotany and its application to Participatory Forest Management. WWF-Pakistan pp40-54.
182. Shinwari ZK 2001 Participatory Forest Management: A Review. In Shinwari, Z K. & Ashiq A. Khan (Eds.) Proceedings Workshop on Ethnobotany and its application to Participatory Forest Management. WWF-Pakistan 87-101.
183. Shinwari, Z K. & Ashiq A. Khan 2001 Participatory Forest Management: Concepts and Practices. In Shinwari, Z K. & Ashiq A. Khan (Eds.) Proceedings Workshop on Ethnobotany and its application to Participatory Forest Management. WWF-Pakistan pp 38-52
184. Shinwari Z.K., Alan Hamilton & Ashiq A. Khan. 2002. International Workshop on Curriculum Development in Applied Ethnobotany. WWF-Pakistan.
185. Shinwari, Z. K. 2002 Applying Ethnobotany in Land Tenure and Resource Ownership. In: Shinwari, Z.K. and A.A. Khan, Proceeding of National Workshop on “Land Tenure and Resource Ownership in Pakistan”. WWF-Pakistan (Swat). September 2-4, 2002 pp. 12-14
186. Ahmad, H.; Z. K. Shinwari and A. Latif 2002 Changes in Land Tenure and their effects on Natural Resources and Socio-Economic Conditions of Communities in Swat. In: Shinwari, Z.K. and A.A. Khan, Proceeding of National Workshop on “Land Tenure and Resource Ownership in Pakistan”. WWF-Pakistan (Swat). September 2-4, 2002 pp. 85-89
187. Shinwari, Z. K.; M. Shoukat and S. Begum 2002 Efforts of Ethnobotany Project to address Land Tenure and Resource Ownership in Ayubia National Park. In: Shinwari, Z.K. and A.A. Khan, Proceeding of National Workshop on “Land Tenure and Resource Ownership in Pakistan”. WWF-Pakistan (Swat). September 2-4, 2002 pp. 141-149
188. Shoukat, SS; M. Afzal and ZK Shinwari 2003 Cluster Analysis In: M. Afzal and A. Nasim Manual of International Workshop on Bioinformatics. April 22-25, 2003. COMSTECH-Islamabad. pp.173-188
189. Shoukat, SS; M. Afzal and ZK Shinwari 2003 Cluster Analysis Applied to Microarray Analysis. In: M. Afzal and A. Nasim Manual of International Workshop on Bioinformatics. April 22-25, 2003. COMSTECH-Islamabad pp.189-194.
190. Shinwari Z.K., Gilani, S. and Shoukat, M. 2003 Role of medicinal plants in alleviating Poverty of Pakistani Hindukush Himalayas. In Mufti S.A., Hussein S. S. and Khan, AM Proceeding Mountains of Pakistan: Protection, Potential and Prospects Global Change Impact Studies Centre, Islamabad-Pakistan pp 233-241
191. Nasim, A. and ZK Shinwari 2003 Human Genome Project. Manual, Training workshop on Modern Techniques in Biotechnolgy. NIBGE 2-7 March, 2003
192. Gilani, S.S.; Abbas, S.Q.; Shinwari, Z.K.; Hussein, F. and Nargis, K. 2003 Ethnobotanical Studies of Kurram agency, Pakistan through Rural Community Participation. PJBS 6(15): 1368-1375.
193. Shinwari, Z.K. 2003 Why conserve? How to sustainably use Medicinal Plants? Looking ahead. In: Ahmed, H. and Khan, A.A. Procceedings of the International Workshop on “Conservationa and Sustainable uses of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of Pakistan”. held in Islamabad Dec. 2-4, 2002, WWF-Pakistan. Pp. 48-56.
194. Shinwari, Z.K.; Nasim, A. and Shinozaki, KY. 2004
195. Rabbani, MA and Shinwari, Z.K 2004
196. Shinwari, Z.K.; Khalid, A.M. and Nasim, A. 2004 Global Issues of GM Food and derived products. In: Y. Zafar, M. Asif and A. M. Khalid (eds.) Manual NIBGE-FAO workshop on GMO detection, NIBGE Faisalabad, June 14-17, 2004.
197. Yousuf Z., Z. K. Shinwari and S.M. Ali 2004 Medicinally Important Flora of Dhibbia Village (Mianwali Dist.). AJPS. 3(6): 757-762
198. Shinwari Z.K. 2005 Medicinal Plants in 21st Century. In: Shinwari, Z.K., Watanabe, T., Ali, M and Anwar, R. International Symposium Medicinal Plants: Linkages Beyond National Boundaries. Sep. 7-9, 2004. pp. 12-17. Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat-Pakistan.
199. Latif A., Ahmad H. and Shinwari Z.K. 2005 Non Timber Forest Products: An Alternative to Forest Consumptive Uses in Miandam and Sulatnar Valley, Swat-Pakistan. In: Shinwari, Z.K., Watanabe, T., Ali, M and Anwar, R. International Symposium Medicinal Plants: Linkages Beyond National Boundaries. Sep. 7-9, 2004. pp. 35-41. Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat-Pakistan.
200. Rahman Z, Begum S., Ishfaq M., Latif A., Shinwari Z.K. and Ahmad, H. 2005 Folk Uses of Medicinal Plants of Babuzai Village in Sakra Mountain Range (District Mardan). In: Shinwari, Z.K., Watanabe, T., Ali, M and Anwar, R. International Symposium Medicinal Plants: Linkages Beyond National Boundaries. Sep. 7-9, 2004. pp. 95-104. Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat-Pakistan.
201. Yousuf Z., Masood S., Shinwari Z.K. and Khan, M.A. 2005 Taxonomic Relationship of Medicinally important species of family Solananceae revealed by
202. Adnan S.M., Watanabe T., Kawaguchi K., Nagashima S., Shinwari Z.K., Takano A., Kitajima J. and Yoshikawa T. 2005 Phytochemical and Genomic Evaluation of Himalayan Buplerum Species. In: Shinwari, Z.K., Watanabe, T., Ali, M and Anwar, R. International Symposium Medicinal Plants: Linkages Beyond National Boundaries. Sep. 7-9, 2004. pp. 224-230. Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat-Pakistan.
203. Shinwari Z.K., Ali S.M. and Anwar R. 2005 Overview of Policy Options of Intellectual Property Rights and Biodiversity in Relation to Traditional Knowledge and Benefit Sharing. In: Shinwari, Z.K., Watanabe, T., Ali, M and Anwar, R. International Symposium Medicinal Plants: Linkages Beyond National Boundaries. Sep. 7-9, 2004. pp. 258-273. Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat-Pakistan.
204. Abdul, L. and Z.K. Shinwari 2005 Non Timber Forest Products in Pakistan can Help in Poverty Alleviation. Journal Pak. Sci. Tech. Dev. 24 (1): 38-46. PCST-Islamabad-Pakistan.
205. Gilani, S.S., Ban, T. and Shinwari, Z.K. 2006 Reconstruction of Chromosomal Inheritance in Pedigree of Japanese Wheat Cultivars and Detection of QTL Linked to Fusarium Head Blight Resistance. J. Agri. & Biol. Sciences 1(1): 8-21 (www.arpnjournals.com)
206. Ahmed, S., A. Ali., H. Beg, A.A. Dasti, & Z.K. Shinwari 2006 Ethnobotanical studies on some Medicinal Plants of Booni Valley, District Chitral- Pakistan. Pak. J. Weed Sci. 12(3): 183-190
207. Shinwari, Z.K. 2006 Biotech for Indigenous Plants: Risks & Ethics. In Khan, K.M. et al. (eds.) Proceedings International Conference Biotechnology: Shaping future Agriculture (June 20-21, 2006).
208. Hussain, J., A. Bahader, F. Ullah, N Rehman, A Khan, W. Ullah, Z. K. Shinwari 2009 Proximate and Nutrient Analysis of the Locally Manufactured Herbal Medicines and its Raw Material. J. Am. Sci 5(6): 1-5.
209. Ahmad N. Z. K. Shinwari, J. Hussain3, S. Ahmad, G. Abbas, M. Zada, N. Ahmad1 and J. Iqbal 2011 Biological Evaluation of the Crude Extracts/Fractions of Nepeta leavigata and Nepeta kurramensis. Journal of Pharmacy Research 4( 10):3472-3474
210. Revill, J., M Daniela, C. Carnevali, åke Forsberg, A. Holmström, J. Rath, Z. K. Shinwari, G. M. Mancini 2012 Lessons learned from implementing education on dual-use in Austria, Italy, Pakistan and Sweden. J. Medicine, Conflict and Survival 28(1):31-44
211. Jan H. U., A. Jan and Z. K. Shinwari 2012 Distribution of Weeds in Wheat Fields of District Bannu, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pakistan. Pak. J. Weed Sci. Res. 18(3): 393-411
212. Hussain, W., J. Hussain, S. Hussain, Z.K. Shinwari, R. Ali and A. Bashir 2013 Ethno Medicinal Study of Parachinar, Kurram Valley (FATA) KPK, Pakistan. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 3 (11): 085-088
213. Genomics and agriculture: application based research. News International, Sep 4, 2000.
215. Biotechnology for peace and development. The News (24), Nation & Pakistan Observer, Nov. 10, 2003
216. What is the state of Science and Technology in Pakistan. DAWN: Sci-Tech World:8-9, May 05, 2004.
217. Syed Abdullah Gilani, Nadia Anwar, Shakeel Ahmed Jatoi, Daud Ahmed, Sayyar Khan, Zabta Khan Shinwari 2006 Islam and Science http://blogs.nature.com/news/blog/2006/11/islam_and_science.html
Research Papers Presented/Invited Lectures Delivered/ Trainings Conducted
1. Third National Conference on Plant Scientists - Islamabad (1989)
2. Member of the delegation for Regional discussion on Flora and Fauna and Establishment of Quarantine belt for
3. International Seminar on the Management of Arid Lands - Islamabad (1990)
4. Intern. Symposium: Importance of Natural Forest for Environmental Conservation – Kyoto (1991)
5. International Conference on Youth and Hunger - Kyoto (1991)
6. International Botanical Congress Yokohama 28 Aug -3 Sept. (1993)
7. Intern. Symposium: Maintenance, Mechanism & Diversity of Plant Species Population - Kyoto (1993)
8. Intern. Symposium "Karakorum-Hindukush-Himalaya; Dynamics of change” – Islamabad (1994)
9. UNESCO-ICIMOD: Planning workshop on ethnobotany and its application to conservation and community development in the Hindukush/Himalaya - Nepal (1995)
10. International Workshop on Ethonbotany and its application to conservation (1996)
11. International Conference of Plant Physiology - Kyoto (1997)
12. International Conference of Molecular Biology - Kyoto (1997)
13. International Conference of Plant Physiology - Japan (1998)
14. International Conference of Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering - Japan (1999)
15. 16th International Conference on Plant Growth Substances - Japan (1998)
16. Japan National Conference of Plant Physiology - Sendai (1999)
17. 10th International Conference on Arabidopsis Research - Melbourne (1999)
18. Conference of Molecular Biology - Japan (1999)
19. International Seminar on Biotechnology for Development – Islamabad (2000)
20. NIBGE-PARC Training Course on Molecular Breeding - Faisalabad (2000)
21. Genomics and its application - Islamabad (2000)
22. Nepal-Japan Joint Symposium on Conservation of Natural Medicinal Resources and their Utilization – Kathmandu (2000)
23. Workshop on Application of Ethnobotany to Participatory Forest Management – Abbotabad (Chief Organizer) (2001)
24. IUCN workshop on Economics and Biodiversity Conservation: Awareness, Review and Exploration – Islamabad (2001)
25. NWFP, Biodiversity Group workshop – Peshawar (2001)
26. JIRCAS Workshop on Genetic Engineering of Crop Plants for Abiotic Stress – Bangkok (2001)
27. Consultative workshop on Land Tenure & Resource Ownership, Swat (Chief Organizer) (Sep. 2-4, 2002)
28. Training workshop for collectors of Medicinal Plants in Swat (Oct. 3, 2002)
29. Participated in International Orientation Program of WWF in Switzerland (Sep. 22-26, 2002)
30. Workshop on Health Challenges of 21st Century and Herbal Medicine in SAARC countries (Nov. 4-6, 2002 Islamabad)
31. Regional workshop on Wise Practices and Experiential Learning in the conservation and Management of Himalayan Medicinal Plants, IDRC, WWF-Kathmandu Dec. 15-20, 2002 (Member, Tech. Com, Draft Com).
32. Training workshop on Modern Techniques in Biotechnolgy. NIBGE 2-7 March, 2003
33. International Workshop on Dialogue and Promotion of Bioethics in Asia. Held In Meritus Mandarin Hotel, Singapur, March 9-10, 2003. Organized by Prof. Ryuichi Ida, Kyoto University Japan.
34. Guest speaker in Seminar on Himalayan Medicinal Plants. Kitasato University, Japan. April 12, 2003.
35. Special lecture on efforts to conserve and sustainable use of Medicinal Plants of Pakistan. Showa University, Japan. April 17, 2003.
36. Organiser of International Workshop on Bioinformatics. COMSTECH-Pakistan, April 22-25, 2003. (Presented Two lectures).
37. Co-Organizer COMSTECH-Forum on BIOMetrics: Identification Technology for a Secure World. June 24, 2003.
38. Participated in International workshop on Vaccine Production And Utilization In Developing Countries: Issues, Prospects And Implications For Pakistan. Agha K. University Karachi. August 08-10, 2003
39. Co-Organizer H.E.J, COMSTECH, TWAS International Workshop on the development of Medicines from Plants. HEJ, Karachi-Pakistan. Sep 8-13, 2003.
40. Dialogue and Promotion of Bioethics in Asia. Kyoto-Japan. Sep. 21-24, 2003
41. Co-Organizer International Workshop on Conservation and sustainable use of Medicines from Plants. WWF-MINFAL-Qarshi-Islamabad-Pakistan. Dec 2-4, 2003.
42. Organizer COMSTECH-NIBGE International workshop on Advanced Techniques in Biotechnology. NIBGE-Faisalabad-Pakistan. Jan. 5-17, 2004.
43. Co-Organizer IDB-COMSTECH-INTROM-
44. Participated in Workshop on Bioethics, March 12-13, 2004 by PMRC & COMSTECH.
45. Resource Person in NIBGE-FAO workshop on GMO detection, NIBGE Faisalabad, June 14-17, 2004.
46. Presented a Paper on “From basic to applied science of botanicals and its industrial applications” in International Workshop on “Industrial Applications of Basic Sciences”, Organized by COMSATS, Best Western Hotel, Islamabad July 5-7,2004.
47. Organized an International Symposium on “Medicinal Plants: Linkages beyond National Boundaries”, Sep. 7-9, 2004. Presented Two papers.
48. Paper presented in a workshop entitled, “Genetics For Medical People”, Institute of Mol. Genetics, Karachi. Dec. 2004.
49. Paper presented in a workshop entitled, “Modern techniques in Biotechnology”, Hazara University. Dec. 01, 2004.
50. Paper presented in “International Conference on Biotechnology for salinity and drought tolerance in Plants” 28-31, March 2005, NCB-Pakistan.
51. Organized a symposium on Current status and future intervention of Biodiversity of Afghanistan as a side event of
52. National Education Forum, organised by
53. National Workshop of core group of Chemistry at Riphah Islamic University (Sep. 23, 2005)
54. International Training Course on Traditional knowledge and drug development. (Feb. 14-15, 2006). HEJ-Karachi.
55. Key Note speaker at Pakistan Botanical Conference at Sindh University (Feb. 13, 2006).
56. International Training Course on Traditional knowledge and drug development. (Feb. 14-15, 2006). HEJ-Karachi.
57. Visited Japan and signed MoU with Tsukuba University, presentations on collaboration between KUST and NIAES, JIRCAS, Ochanomizo University and RIKEN. June 22 to July 2nd, 2006.
58. Delivered lecture at Life Science Workshop on Advances in Ecology at Karachi University on Use of
61. Delivered lecture at National Conference on Prospects of Ethno-veterinary Medicine Research and Development in Pakistan 16-17 Feb. 2007, at University of Agriculture Faisalabad (Chaired two sessions).
62. Delivered talk on “Ethnobotany: Success and Future perspective” in International Conference “Biological resources of Pakistan: Problems, success and future perspectives” at Univ. Arid Agri. Rawalpindi, 25-27, April, 2007.
63. Participated in Bio-Asia (The Global Bio Business forum), Feb. 7-9, 2008, Hyderabad-India.
64. Participated as resource person in
65. Participated as key note speaker on “Indigenous knowledge & modern Science” in International Botanical Conference, at Faisalabad Agricultural University, 21-24 April, 2008.
66. Participated as guest of honour in COMSATS TechnoMoot 2008, presented a talk on “Research for Wealth Generation” on May 13, 2008.
67. Presented a talk on Biodiversity, Botanicals & Biotechnology in Second National Conference on Health Biotechnology, by NCB at Pakistan Academy of Sciences, May 27-28, 2008.
68. First meeting of the Coordinators of the Scientific Thematic Groups for Enhancing Cooperation among Islamic Countries. 10-12 March, 2009, COMSATS-ISESCO, Islamabad
69. Presented data on “Invasive species: threat to wild vegetables” in Seminar on “Impact of Invasive species on Biodiversity” by
70. Participated in Consultative Meeting on Commercialization of Health Biotechnology, June 15, 09 at Sheraton organized by NCB.
71. Presented a paper “Wealth generation through research: A case studies” in Policies and Strategies for Successful Implementation of Employment Generating Programmes in Renewable Energies, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Environment and ICTs By COMSTECH Secretariat, Islamabad August 11-12, 2009
72. Workshop on Ethical Issues in Research on Human Subjects. Organised by Aga Khan University Medical College’s Bioethics Unit, in collaboration with Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA and the World Health Organization Eastern Mediterranean Region on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at Serena Hotel, Islamabad.
73. Consultative Workshop on Progress towards Implementation of Biodiversity Targets for 2010. Ministry of Environment, Islamabad. 14-11-2009
74. National workshop on Adaptation and Implementation of Good Agri. & collection Practices (GACP) and Field Collection Practices (
75. US-Pak Bio-Engagement Workshop in Cairo, Egypt 3-6 May, 2010 (Presented a Project on Dual Use Education).
76. Organized International Conference on RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT OF SCIENCE, 9-10 JUNE 2010. Facilitated Group discussion and presented paper. COMSTECH-Islamabad.
77. Participated in US-Pak Bio-Engagement Workshop in Istanbul, Turkey 16-20 Sep., 2010 (Got a Project on Dual Use Education of US$ 76K; Approved).
78. Participated in a workshop on “International Engagement: Bioscience for a safe and secure society”. Organized by AAAS (USA) in Intercontinental Hotel, Amman (Jordan), Oct. 3-6, 2010. http://cstsp.aaas.org/InternationalMeeting/index.html
79. Presented an article entitled “Towards Greener Asia: Poverty Reduction helps in Conservation & Sustainable Use of Biodiversity” in 2010 AASA International Symposium on ‘One Green Asia’ 18-22 Oct., 2010 in Hotel Kyo-yuk Mun-hwa Hoekwan, Seoul, Korea, Hosted by The Korean Academy of Science & Technology (KAST).
80. Presented an article entitled, “The Dual-Use Dilemma and the Responsibilities of Scientists in Pakistan” in International workshop “Global Networking to Promote Biosecurity and Limit Dual Use Risks. The Science-Ethics-Security Nexus” 12-13 Nov.,2010 organized by Landau Network-Centro Volta, Como Italy.
81. Participated in International workshop “Securing Dual Use Expertise: Developing Sustainable Global Engagement and Outreach Programmes” 15-16 Nov.,2010 organized by Landau Network-Centro Volta, Como Italy.
82. Participated in the Steering committee meeting of Biosecurity Biosafety International Conference (BBIC) held in Beirut, Labanon 13-14 Dec., 2010.
83. US-Pak Bio-Engagement Workshop in Cairo, Egypt 15-17 May, 2010 (Discussed the details of the Project on Dual Use Education, which got approved for US$ 72000).
84. National Seminar on Biodiversity Conservation at NARC, Islamabad on Dec. 21, 2010, presented a paper entitled, “Impact of Biodiversity Loss on Human Health and Socio-Economy of Rural Communities.
85. National Symposium on Floristic Biodiversity and Conservation at Fed. Urdu Univ. Arts S & T at Karachi on Dec. 22, 2010, presented a paper on
86. National Consultative Workshop for Mapping Inter-Sectoral Linkages in Policy, Planning & Legislation between Forest & Water Sector Jan 06, 2011. Lead at Hill View Hotel, Islamabad.
87. Presented a paper on “Biocontrol Agents & Illicit Drug Plants: A Dual Use Scenario” in Workshop on Conduct of Responsible Science, organized by FC College Univ., Lahore: 31 Jan. to 1 Feb., 2011.
88. Focal Person and presented article on Synthetic Biology and its Dual Use in International Workshop on Synthetic Biology at COMSTECH, Islamabad 3-5 Feb., 2011.
89. Participated in 2nd International conference of Plant Sciences and 11 Conference of Pakistan Botanical Society Feb. 22-24, 2011 at GCU-Lahore. Presented paper on Dual Use Education and Illicit Drug Plants, co-chaired a session and was elected as next President of the Society.
90. Participated in International Workshop entitled, “International Engagement: Responsible Science for a safe and Secure Science” in Regency Hotel Kuwait, by AAAS & KISR 13-16 March, 2011. Part of Panel discussing Bioethics & Dual Use Education.
91. Pakistan-US Science and Technology Conference. March 21-24, 2011, Sofitel Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Dubai, UAE. Pakistan. Presented two papers on a) National Framework for Biorisk Management, and Standardization and Quality Assurance of Medicinal Plants of Pakistan.
92. Participated in International Workshop on “Frontiers in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology”, presented a talk on “
93. International workshop on Current trends in Halophytes Research, 11-13 April, 2011 at Institute of Sustainable Utilization of Halophytes, University of Karachi (Presented article on From Salinity tolerance to Extremophiles: biotechnological inputs)
94. Organized International Consultative Workshop on “Educational Materials on Bioethics, Biosafety, Biosecurity and Dual Use Education” at Quaid-i-Azam University with LNCV (Italy) & BEP (USA) on May 24, 2011.
95. National Biodiversity Symposium 7-9 June, 2011; PMNH-Islamabad (Presented article on Biodiversity: Neglected areas. Chaired two sessions.
96. World Environment day’s Congress on Forests: Nature at your service. Organized by Pakistan Engineering congress, Lahore on June 16, 2011. Presented article on Human Infectious disease link to Biodiversity loss.
97. Taking Biosecurity Networks to the Next Level. Organized by Virtual Biosecurity Center at The Renaissance Mayflower® Hotel, Washington, DC 20036. Sep. 01, 2011. Participated online.
98. Participated in Biosafety and Biosecurity International Conference (BBIC) 2011 at Royal Scientific Society Campus-Amman, Jordan 12-15 Sep. 2011; Presented article on Synthetic Biology and Dual Use issue, also chaired a session.
99. Participated in PARC-TASO-PGR National Workshop on ‘Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Medicinal Plants in Pakistan’. Institute of Agri-Biotechnology & Genetic Resources, NARC, Islamabad. (October 4-5, 2011). Presented a paper on Medicinal Plants Research and Pakistani Scientist’s Problems.
100. Participated in One Day National Workshop on Development of National Response Strategy to Combat Impacts of Climate Change on Forest of Pakistan. Organized by Pakistan Forest Institute, Peshawar at Pakistan Academy of Sciences, Islamabad on 5th October, 2011.
101. US-Pak Bio-Engagement Workshop in Istanbul, Turkey 03-05 November, 2011. Presented Project Report on Dual Use Education: Gap Analyses and Survey. (Got extension of Project for Survey of Practioner Researchers (US$ 25000 and 20 Awareness raising workshops for Policy makers and Researchers US$ 180,000.
102. Presented an article on “Ethics in Life Sciences: From theory to the real world” in Third ICLS-KIBGE International Conference on Responsible Conduct of Science. November 13-16, 2011.
103. IWG – LNCV Biosecurity Workshop and Round Table “Biosecurity, Biosafety, Human Capital and the Seventh Review Conference of the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention”. Organized by International Working Group, Landau Network Centro Volta Como, Italy. 18-19 November 2011
104. Participated in HEC-QAU workshop on Strategic Planning, held at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad Nov. 29-30, 2011.
105. Organized International Workshop on“Medicinal Plants:Conservation & Sustainable Use” Pak-US Joint Initiative. Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad- Pakistan, 8-10 December, 2011. Funded by Pak Academy of Sciences and WWF-Pakistan.
106. Organized International Conference on “Greener and Safer South Asia” at COMSATS Islamabad, sponsored by HEC Dec. 10-11, 2011. In sideline meeting of South Asian Federation of Japanese Universities Alumni Associations (SAFJUAA), was elected President SAFJUAA.
107. Presented an article on “Biosafety, Biosecurity:International Obligations, National Scene and Dual Use Education” in International Workshop on Advances in Genetic Engineering of Plants, held at COMSTECH, Islamabad 20-22 December, 2011.
108. Coordinator QAU-DAAD International Summer School on “Recent Advances in Plant Biotechnology for Sustainable Development (Exploring the Hidden Potential of Microorganisms. March 26-28, 2012, QAU-Islamabad.
109. Participated in a workshop on International Engagement in Genetics and Epigenetics: Responsible Science for a Safe and Secure Society, March 29‐30 2012, Dubai, UAE. Under the patronage of Chairperson of Dubai Healthcare City Authority HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, & AAAS-USA.
110. Presented an article in Workshop on Higher Education and Professional Responsibility in CBRN Applied Sciences and Technology Across the Sub-Mediterranean Region April 3-4, 2012 Organized by UNESCO-Venice-Italy.
111. Presented two papers and chaired a session in the International Symposium on “Strategies for Conservation of Endangered Ecosystems” to be held on April, 16-18, 2012 at Department of Botany, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan.
112. Co-Organized and presented article on “Biodiversity los, Emerging Infectious diseases and its Impact” in International Conference “Climate Change: Opportunities and Challenges” 9-11 May, 2012 at NUST, Islamabad.
113. Participated in “SAARC Regional Conference on New Frontiers in Agricultural Genomics and Biotechnology”. June 5-7, 2012, NIGAB-PARC at Marriott, Islamabad. Presented an article on Nexus Of Biodiversity Loss, Metagenomics And Emerging Infectious Diseases.
114. Presented a talk on “Biotechnology in 21st Century” in a seminar at University of Wah, on 12-6-12.
115. Participated in Expert Group Consultation for Protected Areas Gap Analysis- 26 June, 2012, IUCN-Islamabad
116. Participated in Pakistan & Chinese Academies of Sciences (PAS-CAS) Bi-national conference on Nano Science & Technology, Network Security & Environment at Pak. Acad. of Sciences, Islamabad.
117. Chief Organizer of 12th NATIONAL & 3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF BOTANY. Organized By Pakistan Botanical Society & Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad, Pakistan. September1st – 3rd 2012.
118. Participated In International Workshop On High Altitude Ecosystems And Climate Change. September 3-5, 2012. Presented A Paper On “COMSTECH, Islamabad.
119. Participated “International Conference on Conservation of Biodiversity in the Desert Areas: Present Status, Threats &Remediation” ISESCO- Rabat, Morocco. Sep. 13-14 Sep., 2012. Presented Paper, “Nexus of biodiversity loss in desert ecosystems, metagenomics & emerging infectious diseases”.
120. Participated in Third Meeting of International Biotechnology Advisory Committee (IBAC) on New Trend in Biotechnology research and their potential in Member States. Organized by ISESCO, in Days Inn Hotel, Jordan Sep. 25-27, 2012. Presented a Talk on, “Biotechnology in Pakistan:Prospects and Challenges”.
121. Participated in The Fourth ICLS-KIBGE Conference On "Science, Technology & Engineering: Innovative, Yet Responsible!" at KIBGE on Oct 18, 2012.
122. Member Technical Committee of 10th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Science & Technology, held at Center of Excellence in Science & Applied Technologies, Islamabad (National centre for Physics) 15-19 Jan., 2013, presented a paper on Synthetic biology in relation to infectious diseases & dual use issues.
123. Pakistan–U.S. Science and Technology Symposium, held in Islamabad at National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), 31st January and 1st February 2013. Presented a talk on Standardization and Quality Assurance of Medicinal Plants, using bar codes.
124. Participated in seminar on “Role of Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan in Regulation and Development of Traditional medicine System in Pakistan. Feb. 13, 13; Holiday Inn, Islamabad, organized by Pak. Tibbi Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (PTPMA).
125. Participated in International workshop “Primary Connections Collaboration with Asia”. Organized by the Australian Academy of Science, Menzees Hotel Sydney March 24-27, 2013.
126. Presented a key note paper entiltled, “Celebrating Biodiversity day in 21st Century: Prospects and Challenges” in University of Swat in Symposium, “Celebration of International Biodiversity Day 2013 on the theme Water and Biodiversity” on May 22, 2013.
127. Presented a key note paper entiltled, “Recent trends in studying Biodiversity’s impact on Humanity” in a conference on “Plant Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable use of Biodiversity Day Plant Wealth of Pakistan” at For Plant Conservation (Herbarium and Botanic Garden), University Of Karachi. June 27-28, 2013.
128. Participated in Educational Institute on Responsible Research in Kuala lumpur, august 17-22, 2013 as a Committee member on south and south-east Asia initiative on education about Dual use issues in science: A faculty development institute
129. Delivered a talk in Ohio University Athens (USA) entitled, “Molecular Systematics and Applied Ethnobotony in Pakistan” on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013 in Porter 104.
130. Delivered a talk on Gap analysis & Dual Education in Pakistan. In International conference Biology, Chemistry and Biosecurity: Implications of Convergence for Biosecurity and Recent Advances in the Education of Life Scientists on 14-15 October 2013 at the Hilton Hotel, Bradford, Organized by Bradford University.
131. Presented a talk on "The Gender Gap in Entrepreneurship: Issues and Challenges" in International Conference on "Enterpreneurship for young women and using of new technologies: Issue and Challanges" organised by NASIC at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi, 26-27 Nov. 2013,
132. Facilitated Conference on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) Cultivation study organized by USAID ENTREPRENEURS Project to be held on 28 November 2013 in Serena Hotel, Swat.
133. Co-organizer of " Symposium on Application of Frontier Technologies in Conserving Biodiversity and Studying Climate Change”, at SBB University Sheringal, Dir, 29-30 Nov. 2013, presented a paper on "Potential Dual Impact of Frontiers in Biotechnology on Biodiversity Conservation".
134. Presented a paper on "Gap Analysis of Awareness level to assess Biosecurity risk in Pakistan" in a conference on " Natural or Deliberate Outbreak – How to Prevent or Detect and Trace its Origin:Biosecurity, Surveillance, Forensics" 5-6 Dec. 2013, Warsaw, Poland.
135. Participated in the Center for Environmental Risk Assessment (CERA), & ILSI Research Foundation, workshop on "The Biosafety Research in Pakistan: Grants Program" at CIIT, Islamabad on Dec. 13th, 2013.
1. Comparative floristic and ecological studies on the temperate elements in North America. 5 million US$ (300 million Pak Rs.) US-Japan Project.
2. Ethnobotany and its application to conservation in Swat-Himalayas (WWF-P). Rs. 5 million.
3. Hindukush-Himalayan Medicinal Plant (WWF and People and Plant Project, UK). Rs. 20 m.
5. Reconstruction of Chromosomal Inheritance in Pedigree of Pakistani wheat Cultivars”.
6. Ecology, Distribution and Management of Tropical Dry Deciduous Forest of Pakistan. WWF-Pakistan (Rs. 0.5 million) 2010
7. Effect of Genetically Modified Crops on Soil Fertility Status and Physiological and Molecular Characterization of Succeeding Crops.
8. Survey of Dual Use Education in Pakistan. Bio-engagement programe of USA and Landau Network Centro Volta -Italy (US $ 17000; 2010-2011).
9. Awareness raising programe of Dual Use Education Bio-engagement programe of USA and Landau Network Centro Volta -Italy (US $ 17000; 2010-2011).
10. Standardization and Quality Assurance of Medicinal Plants. Pak-US programe, Higher Education Commission-Pakistan. (9 million; 2011-2014).
11. Phytochemical, Proximate Analysis and Biological Investigation of Some Selected Medicinal Plants of Kurram Agency. Pakistan Academy of Sciences (Rs. 1.8 m; 2011-12).
12. Collection, Evaluation and Sustainable Utilization of Crucifer Biodiversity in Pakistan. Pakistan Science Foundation. Rs. 2 million. 2011-14.
13. Phylogenetic analysis of bacterial community composition in Deosai peat land of Pakistan. 0.5 million HEC, 2011-12. Co-PI.
14. Phytochemical Investigations, Proximate Analysis and Biological Investigations of some selected Omani Medicinal Plants. US$ 52000, Funded by Nizwa University, Oman, 2012-13.
15. Molecular Characterization of Potato Leaf Roll Virus (PLRV) from Potato in Hazara Division 0.5 million HEC, 2012-13. Co-PI.
16. International Network of Universities and Institutes for Raising Awareness on Dual-Use Concerns in Bio-Technology. EU-Project through LNCV. Rs. 1.5 m. 2013-2014.
17. Useful endophytes in plants with unique surviving to use as yield enhancement organisms. Pakistan Academy of Sciences (Rs. 4 m; 2013-15).
18. Establishment of new Lab in Molecular Systematics. 1.0 million HEC, 2013.
19. “Survey and Awareness of Dual Use Education in Pakistan” Inter Academy Panel (IAP) US$ 25000.