Cloning of genes, cDNAs and regulatory elements and their applications
1. A. Rasheed, X.C. Xia, T. Mahmood, H. Bux, U.M. Quraishi, Z. Mahmood, J.I. Mirza, A. Mujeeb-Kazi, Z.H. He (2016). Comparison of alleles at economically important loci in wheat landraces and cultivars from Pakistan. Crop Science 56(1): 287-301
2. F. Munir, S. Hayashi, J. Batley, S. M.S. Naqvi, T. Mahmood (2016). Germin-like protein 2 gene promoter from rice is responsive to fungal pathogens in transgenic potato plants. Functional and Integrative Genomics 16: 19-27.
3. H. Salahuddin, Q. Mansoor, R. Batool, A.A. Farooqi, T. Mahmood, M. Ismail (2016). Anticancer activity of Cynodon dactylon and Oxalis corniculata on Hep2 cell line. Cell and Molecular Biology 62 (5): 60-63.
4. T. Mahmood, N.U. Bakht, E. Aziz (2016). Computational Analysis of atpB Gene Promoter from Different Pakistani Apple Varieties. Computational Biology and Chemistry (Accepted).
5. M. Ilyas, S. M. Saqlan Naqvi, T. Mahmood. In-silico analysis of transcriptional factor binding sites in the promoter of germin-like protein genes in rice. Archives of Biological Sciences (Accepted)
6. M. Ilyas, A. Rasheed and T. Mahmood (2016). Functional characterization of Germin and Germin-like protein genes in various plant species using transgenic approach. Biotechnology Letters (Accepted)
7. W. Akhtar, Z. K. Shinwari and T. Mahmood (2016). Response of Rice Polyphenol Oxidase Promoter in Drought and Salt Stress. Pakistan Journal of Botany (Accepted)
8. M. Ilyas, T. Mahmood, A. Ali, M. Baber, A. Rasheed, A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2015). Characterization of D Genome Diversity for Tolerance to Boron Toxicity in Synthetic Hexaploid Wheat and In Silico Analysis of Candidate Genes. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 37:17.
9. M. Seher, G. Shabbir, A. Rasheed, A. Gul Kazi, T. Mahmood and A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2015). Performance of Diverse Wheat Genetic Stocks under Moisture Stress Condition. Pakistan Journal of Botany 47(1): 21-26.
10. I. Ali, Z. Sardar, A. Rasheed, T. Mahmood (2015). Molecular characterization of the Puroindoline-a and b alleles in synthetic hexaploid wheats and in silico functional and structural insights into Pina-D1. Journal of Theoretical Biology 376: 1-7.
11. S. Rehman, H. J. Chaudhary, A. Rasheed and T. Mahmood (2015). Phylogenetic Relationship of Selected Pakistani Wheat Varieties Based on a Chloroplast Rps11 Gene. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 25(2): 442-447.
12. T. Yasmin, A. Mumtaz, T. Mahmood, M. Z. Hyder, S. M. S. Naqvi (2015). A germin-like protein gene of rice exhibits superoxide dismutase activity in transformed Nicotiana tabacum. Biologia Plantarum 59(3): 456-462 (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10535-015-0524-z)
13. I. Ali, T. Mahmood (2015). Identification and analysis of regulatory elements in the germin and germin-like proteins family promoters in rice. Turkish Journal of Botany 39: 389-400.
14. M. Hassan, Z. K. Shinwari and T. Mahmood (2015). In silico analysis, mapping of regulatory elements and corresponding protein-DNA interaction in atpβ gene promoter from different tomato varieties. Pakistan Journal of Botany 47(3): 1075-1086.
15. S. Rehman, T. Mahmood (2015). Functional role of DREB and ERF transcription factors: Regulating stress responsive network in plants. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 37: 178
16. Q. Ain, A. Rasheed, A. Anwar, T. Mahmood, T. Mahmood, M. Imtiaz, Z. He, X. Xia, U.M. Quraishi (2015) Genome-wide association for grain yield under semi-arid conditions in historical wheat cultivars from Pakistan. Frontiers in Plant Science 6: Article 743
17. A. Qadir, M. Ilyas, W. Akhtar, E. Aziz, A. Rasheed, T. Mahmood (2015). Study of Genetic Diversity in Synthetic Hexaploid Wheats using Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 25(6): 1660-1666.
18. T. Mahmood, M. Rehman, E. Aziz, I. Ali and Z. K. Shinwari (2015). In silico analysis, mapping of regulatory elements and corresponding DNA-protein interaction in polyphenol oxidase gene Promoter from different rice varieties. Pakistan Journal of Botany 47(6): 2321-2327.
19. S. Kanwal and T. Mahmood (2014). Occurrence of Genetic Modifications in Core 5’UTR and NS5b of HCV Associated with Viral Response to Treatment. Virology Journal 11: 171.
20. W. Akhtar, A. Rasheed, Z. K. Shinwari, S. M. S. Naqvi, T. Mahmood (2014). Genetic Characterization of different Pakistani Date Palm Varieties. Pakistan Journal of Botany 46(6): 2095-2100.
21. S. Shaukat, M. Angez, M. M. Alam, M. F. Jebbink, M. Deijs, M. Canuti, S. Sharif, M. de Vries, A. Khurshid, T. Mahmood, L. van der Hoek and S. S. Z. Zaidi (2014). Identification and Characterization of Unrecognized Viruses in Stool Samples of Non-polio Acute Flaccid Paralysis Children by simplified VIDISCA. Virology Journal 11: 146.
22. M. Ibrahim, N. Nazar, M. Ilyas, T. Mahmood (2014). Assessment of Genetic Variability among selected Species of Apocynaceae on the basis of RPS 11 Gene. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 24(4): 1266-1269.
23. S. Kanwal and T. Mahmood (2014). Hepatitis C Virus Resistance to Interferon Therapy: An Alarming Situation. Central European Journal of Biology 9(12): 1155-1167.
25. A. Rasheed, X. Xia, F Ogbonnaya, T. Mahmood, Z, Zhang, A. Mujeeb-Kazi and Z He (2014). Genome-wide association for grain morphology in synthetic hexaploid wheats using digital imaging analysis. BMC Plant Biology 14: 128.
26. Z. He, A. Rasheed, X. Xia, Y. Yan, R. Appels, T. Mahmood (2014). Wheat seed storage proteins Advances in molecular genetics, diversity and breeding applications. Journal of Cereal Science 60: 11-24.
27. M.M. Siddiqui, B.H. Abbasi, N. Ahmad, M. Ali, T. Mahmood (2014). Toxic effects of Heavy Metals (Cd, Cr and Pb) on Seed germination, growth and DPPH-Scavenging Activity in Brassica rapa var. turnip. Toxicology and Industrial Health 30(3): 238-249.
28. R. Sania, A. Rasheed, H. Bux, A.G. Kazi, A. Rauf, T. Mahmood, A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2014). Stripe rust resistance in Triticum durum - T. monococcum and T. durum - T. urartu amphiploids. Australasian Plant Pathology 43:109-113.
29. S. Shaukat, M. Angez, M. M. Alam, S. Sharif, A. Khurshid, T. Mahmood, S. S. Z. Zaidi (2013). Characterization of a novel enterovirus serotype and an enterovirus EV-B93 isolated from Acute Flaccid Paralysis patients. PLOS ONE 8(11): e80040. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0080040
30. T. Mahmood, R. Aslam, S. Rehman, S. M. S. Naqvi (2013). Molecular markers assisted genetic characterization of different salt tolerant plant species. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 23(5): 1441-1447.
31. A. Mujeeb-Kazi, A. G. Kazi, I. Dundas, A. Rasheed, F. Ogbonnaya, M. Kishii, D. Bonnett, R. R.-C. Wang, S. Xu, P. Chen, T. Mahmood, H. Bux, and S. Farrakh (2013). Genetic diversity for wheat improvement as a conduit to food security. Advances in Agronomy 122: 179-257.
32. F. Munir, S.M.S. Naqvi, and T. Mahmood (2013). In vitro and in silico characterization of Solanum lycopersicum wound inducible proteinase inhibitor-II gene. Turkish Journal of Biology 37: 01-10.
33. T. Mahmood, T. Yasmin, M.I. Haque, and S.M.S. Naqvi (2013). Characterization of a rice germin-like protein gene promoter. Genetics and Molecular Research 12(1): 360-369.
34. M. Khalid, T. Mahmood, A. Rasheed, A. Gul-Kazi, A. Ali, and A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2013). Glu-Dt1 Allelic Variation in synthetic hexaploid wheats derived from durum cultivar ‘Decoy’ × Aegilops tauschii accessional crosses. Pakistan Journal of Botany 45(SI): 409-414.
35. M. Naeem, I. Naveed, S.M.S. Naqvi, and T. Mahmood (2013). Standardization of tissue culture conditions and estimation of free scavenging activity in Viola odorata L. Pakistan Journal of Botany 45(1): 197-202.
36. N. Nazar, D.J. Goyder, J.J. Clarkson, T. Mahmood, and M.W. Chase (2013). The taxonomy and systematics of Apocynaceae: where we stand in 2012. Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society 171(3): 482-490.
37. S. Kanwal, Anwarullah, and T. Mahmood (2013). Global diversity of HCV: In-silico analysis based on core region. Romanian Biotechnological Letters 18(1): 8043-8049.
38. S. Wali, F. Munir, and T. Mahmood (2013). Phylogenetic Studies of Selected Citrus Species Based on a Chloroplast Gene, rps14. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 15(2): 357-361.
39. S.M.S. Naqvi, I. Batool, M.U. Farooq, F. Deeba, M.Z. Hyder, and T. Mahmood (2013). Polyphenol oxidase activities in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) grain. Pakistan Journal of Botany 45(2): 407-410.
40. S. Malik, and T. Mahmood (2013). Genetic Characterization of Different Tomato Varieties on the basis of atpB Gene Promoter. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 15(4): 621-630.
41. A. Rasheed, T. Safdar, A.G. Kazi, T. Mahmood, Z. Akram, and A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2012). Characterization of HMW-GS and evaluation of their diversity in morphologically elite synthetic hexaploid wheats. Breeding Science 62: 365-370.
42. A. Rasheed, T. Mahmood, A. G. Kazi, A. Ghafoor, A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2012). Allelic Variation and Composition of HMW-GS in Advanced Lines Derived from D-genome Synthetic Hexaploid / Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Journal of Crop Sciences and Biotechnology 15(1): 01-07.
43. A. Bibi, S. Ajmal, A. Rasheed, A. Gul-Kazi, T. Mahmood, A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2012). High molecular weight (HMW) glutenin subunit compositions of the Elite-II synthetic hexaploid wheat sub-set (Triticum turgidum × Aegilops tauschii; 2n=6x=42; AABBDD). Plant Genetic Resources 10(1): 1-4.
44. S. Kanwal and T. Mahmood (2012) Evolutionary pattern of Asian HIV-1 subtype B from 1990 to 2007: In Silico analysis based on envelop protein. The Scientific World Journal, Volume 2012, Article ID 978917, 6 pages
45. A.G. Kazi, A. Rasheed, T. Mahmood, A. Mujeeb-Kazi (2012). Molecular and morphological diversity with biotic stress resistances of high 1000-grain weight synthetic hexaploid wheats.Pakistan Journal of Botany 44 (3): 1021-1028.
46. S. Shaukat, M. Angez, M. Alam, S. Sharif, A. Khurshid, F. Malik, M. Suleman, T. Mahmood and S. Zaidi (2012). Molecular Identification and Characterization of a new type of Bovine Enterovirus. Applied and Environmental Microbiology
51. T. Mahmood, N. Hassan, N. Nazar and I. Naveed (2011). Phylogenetic analysis of different Artemisia species based on chloroplast gene rps11. Archives of Biological Sciences 63(3): 661-665.52. N. Nazar and T. Mahmood (2011). Morphological and molecular characterization of selected Artemisia species from Rawalakot, Azad Jammu and Kashmir. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 33: 625-633.
53. W. K. Kayani, S.A. Majid, T. Mahmood, S.M. Saqlan Naqvi and A. Waheed (2011). Effect of temperature stress on polyphenol oxidase activity in grains of some wheat cultivars. Pakistan Journal of Botany 43(2): 1011-1020.
54. Z.K. Shinwari, S. Sultan and T. Mahmood (2011). Molecular and morphological characterization of selected Mentha species. Pakistan Journal of Botany 43(3): 1433-1436.
55. T. Mahmood, A. Iqbal, N. Nazar, Ishrat Naveed, B.H. Abbasi and S.M. Saqlan Naqvi (2011). Assessment of genetic variability among selected species of Apocynaceae. Biologia 66(1): 64-67.
56. T. Mahmood, A. Siddiqua, A. Rasheed and N. Nazar (2011). Evaluation of genetic diversity in different Pakistani wheat land races. Pakistan Journal of Botany 43(2): 1233-1239.
57. T. Mahmood, A. Tariq, N. Nazar, B. H. Abbasi and S.M. Saqlan Naqvi (2011). Comparative assessment of genetic variability in Cryptolepis buchananii, Tylophora hirsuta and Wattakaka volubilis. Pakistan Journal of Botany 43(5): 2295-2300.
58. A. Zeb, Z. K. Shinwari and T. Mahmood (2011). Molecular markers assisted genetic characterization of some selected wild Poaceae species. Pakistan Journal of Botany 43(5): 2285-2288.
59. B. H. Abbasi, A. Rashid, M. A. Khan, M. Ali, Z. K. Shinwari, N. Ahmad, T. Mahmood (2011) In vitro plant regeneration in Sinapis alba and evaluation of its radical scavenging activity. Pakistan Journal of Botany 43: 21-27 (Special Issue).
60. F. Munir, S. M. S. Naqvi and T. Mahmood (2011). In vitro culturing and assessment of somaclonal variation of Solanum tuberosum var. desiree. Turkish Journal of Biochemistry 36 (4): 296-302.
61. T. Mahmood, S. Muhammad and Z.K. Shinwari (2010). Molecular and morphological characterization of Caralluma species. Pakistan Journal of Botany 42(2): 1163-1171.
62. N. Bostan and T. Mahmood (2010). An Overview about Hepatitis C: A devastating virus. Critical Reviews in Microbiology 36(2): 91-133.
63. N. Ahmad, H. Fazal, B.H. Abbasi, M. Rashid, T. Mahmood, N. Fatima (2010). Efficient regeneration and antioxidant potential in regenerated-tissues of Piper nigrum L. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture, 102:129-134.
64. B.H. Abbasi, M.A. Khan, T. Mahmood, M. Ahmad, M.F. Chaudhary, M.A. Khan (2010). Shoot regeneration and free-radical scavenging activity in Silybum marianum L. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 101: 371-376.
65. J.M. Dunwell, J.G. Gibbings, T. Mahmood, and S.M.S. Naqvi (2008). Germin and germin-like proteins: evolution, structure, and function. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 27(5): 342-375.
66. T. Yasmin, T. Mahmood, M.Z. Hyder, S. Akbar, and S.M.S. Naqvi (2008). Cloning, sequencing and in silico analysis of germin-like protein gene 1 promoter from Oryza sativa L. ssp. Indica. Pakistan Journal of Botany 40(4): 1627-1634.
67. T. Mahmood, T. Zar and S.M.S. Naqvi, (2008). Multiple Shocks Improve Electroporation Efficiency in A. tumefaciens. Electronic Journal of Biotechnology 11(1): 1-4.
68. T. Mahmood, M.Z. Hyder and S.M.S. Naqvi (2007). Cloning and Sequence Analysis of a Germin-like Protein Gene Promoter from Oryza sativa L. ssp indica. DNA Sequence 18(1): 26-32.
69. A. Waheed, I.A. Hafiz, G. Qadir, G. Murtaza, T. Mahmood and M. Ashraf (2006). Effect of salinity on germination, growth, yield, ionic balance and solute composition of pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan (L.) millsp)