1. Zunaira Syed, Bushra Shal, Aqsa Azhar, Safa Amanat, Adnan Khan, Hussain Ali, Yun-Seo Kil, Eun Kyoung Seo , Salman Khan, Pharmacological mechanism of xanthoangelol underlying Nrf-2/TRPV1 and anti-apoptotic pathway against scopolamine-induced amnesia in mice, Biomedicine and pharmacotherapy, 150, 2 – 17, 2022
2. Bushra Shal, Safa Amanat, Ashraf Ullah Khan, You Jeong Lee, Hussain Ali, Fakhar Ud Din, Youmie Park, Salman Khan, Potential applications of PEGylated green gold nanoparticles in cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis, Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnology, 50(1):130-146, 2022
3. Saeed Ahmad Khan, Xiangyu Ma, Scott V. Jermain, Hussain Ali, Islam A. Khalil, Marwa El Fouly, Ahmed H. Osman, Robert O. Williams, Sustained Release Biocompatible Ocular Insert Using Hot Melt Extrusion Technology: Fabrication and in-vivo evaluation, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 71, 1 – 11, 2022
4. Kristina Lechner, Mahira Zeeshan, Maxi Noack, Hussain Ali, Markus F. Neurath & Benno Weigmann, Small but powerful: will nanoparticles be the future state‐of‐the‐art therapy for IBD? Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, Taylor & Francis, 235 – 245, 2022.
5. Tehmina Bibi, Adnan Khan, Ashraf Ullah Khan, Bushra Shal, Hussain Ali, Eun Kyoung Seo, Salman Khan, Magnolol prevented brain injury through the modulation of Nrf2‐dependent oxidative stress and apoptosis in PLP‐induced mouse model of multiple sclerosis, Archives of Pharmacology, 1 – 17, 2022.
6. Raees Khan, Nazish Roy, Hussain Ali, Muhammad Naeem, Fecal Microbiota Transplants for Inflammatory Bowel Disease Treatment: Synthetic- and Engineered Communities-Based Microbiota Transplants Are the Future, Hindawi, Gastroenterology Research and Practice, 1 – 9, 2022.
7. Hadayat Ullah, Ashrafullah Khan, Tehmina Bibi, Sajjad Ahmad, Omer Shehzad, Hussain Ali, Eun Kyoung Seo, Salman Khan, Comprehensive in vivo and in silico approaches to explore the hepatoprotective activity of poncirin against paracetamol toxicity, Archives of Pharmacology, 395, 195–215, 2022.
8. Safa Amanata, Bushra Shala, Eun Kyoung Seo, Hussain Ali, Salman Khan, Icariin attenuates cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis via down-regulation of NF-кB and up-regulation of Nrf-2/HO-1 signaling pathways in mice model, International Immunopharmacology (106), 1 – 23, 2022.
9. Adnan Khan, Bushra Shal, Ashraf Ullah Khan, Tehmina Bibi, Salman ul Islam, Muhammad Waleed Baig, Ihsan ul Haq, Hussain Ali, Sajjad Ahmad, Salman Khan, Withametelin, a novel phytosterol, alleviates neurological symptoms in EAE mouse model of multiple sclerosis via modulation of Nrf2/HO-1 and TLR4/NF-κB signaling, Neurochemistry International (151), 1 – 25, 2021.
10. Mahira Zeeshan, Ayesha Atiq, Qurat Ul Ain, Jawad Ali, Salman Khan, Hussain Ali, Evaluating the mucoprotective effects of glycyrrhizic acid‑loaded polymeric nanoparticles in a murine model of 5‑fuorouracil‑induced intestinal mucositis via suppression of inflammatory mediators and oxidative stress, Inflammopharmacology, 1 – 19, 2021.
11. Mahira Zeeshan, Hussain Ali, Qurat Ul Ain, Mahwash Mukhtar, Rabia Gul, Atif Sarwar, Salman Khan, A holistic QBD approach to design galactose conjugated PLGA polymer and nanoparticles to catch macrophages during intestinal inflammation, Materials Science & Engineering C, 126, 1 – 18, 2021.
12. Bushra Shal, Adnan Khan, Ashraf Ullah Khan, Rahim Ullah, Gowhar Ali, Salman Ul Islam, Ihsan Ul Haq, Hussain Ali, Eun-Kyoung Seo, Salman Khan, Alleviation of Memory Deficit by Bergenin via the Regulation of Reelin and Nrf-2/NF-κB Pathway in Transgenic Mouse Model, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 22(12), 2 – 32, 2021.
13. Ashraf Ullah Khan, Amna Khan, Adnan Khan, Bushra Shal, Abdul Aziz, Muhammad Naeem Ahmed, Salman Ul Islam, Hussain Ali, Adeeb Shehzad, Salman Khan, Inhibition of NF-κB signaling and HSP70/HSP90 proteins by newly synthesized hydrazide derivatives in arthritis model, Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Arch Pharmacology, 394:1497–1519, 2021.
14. Eleesha Sana, Mahira Zeeshan, Qurat Ul Ain, Ashraf Ullah Khan, Irshad Hussain, Salman Khan, Elise Lepeltier, Hussain Ali, Topical delivery of curcumin-loaded transfersomes gel ameliorated rheumatoid arthritis by inhibiting NF-κβ pathway, Nanomedicine, Future Medicine, 16(10), 819–837, 2021.
15. Muhammad Saqlain, Asad Riaz, Ali Ahmed, Sohail Kamran, Aumena Bilal, Hussain Ali, Predictors of Health-Related Quality of Life Status Among Elderly Patients with Cardiovascular Diseases, Value in Health Regional Issues, 24, 130-140, 2021.
16. Ayesha Mustafa, Hussain Ali, Riffat Bibi, Abbas Hassan, Salman Khan, Saeed Ahmad Khan, Simultaneous Determination of Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin and Esomeprazole in Mice Plasma after Oral Administration by Reverse Phase HPLC Method, Journal of Chromatography and Separation Techniques, 12 (439), 1 – 7, 2021.
- Hassan Ali, Ashrafullah Khan, Jawad Ali, Hadayat Ullah, Adnan Khan, Hussain Ali, Nadeem Irshad, Salman Khan, Attenuation of LPS-induced acute lung injury by continentalic acid in rodents through inhibition of inflammatory mediators correlates with increased Nrf2 protein expression, BMC Pharmacology Toxicology, 21(1), 2 – 14, 2020.
- Adnan Khan, Bushra Shal, Muhammad Naveed, Bakht Nasir, Nadeem Irshad, Hussain Ali, Salman Khan, Matrine alleviates neurobehavioral alterations via modulation of JNK-mediated caspase-3 and BDNF/VEGF signaling in a mouse model of burn injury, Springer, Psychopharmacology, 237, 2327–2343, 2020.
- Muhammad Saqlain, Hussain Ali, Sohail Kamran, Muhammad Usman Munir, Shah Jahan, Faizan Mazhar, potentially inappropriate medications use and its association with health-related quality of life among elderly cardiac patients, Springer, International journal of Quality of life, 29(10), 2715-2724, 2020.
- Mahwash Mukhtar, Hussain Ali, Naveed Ahmed, Rashid Munir, Sumbal Talib, Anam S. Khan, Rita Ambrus, Drug delivery to macrophages: a review of nano-therapeutics targeted approach for inflammatory disorders and cancer, Expert Opinion On Drug Delivery, 17(9), 1239-1257, 2020.
- Bushra Shal, Adnan Khan, Muhammad Naveed, Hussain Ali, Eun Kyoung Seo, Hyukjae Choi, Salman Khan, Neuroprotective effect of 25-Methoxyhispidol A against CCl4-induced behavioral alterations by targeting VEGF/BDNF and caspase-3 in mice, Life Science, 253, 1 – 16 (2020).
- Hadayat Ullah, Ashrafullah Khan, Muhammad Waleed Baig, Naseem Ullah, Naveed Ahmed, Muhammad Khalid Tipu, Hussain Ali, Salman Khan, Poncirin attenuates CCL4-induced liver injury through inhibition of oxidative stress and inflammatory cytokines in mice, BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies (2020) 20:115, 1 – 14, 2020.
- Amir Muhammad Khan, Ashraf Ullah Khan, Hussain Ali, Salman Ul Islam, Eun Kyoung Seo, Salman Khan, Continentalic acid exhibited nephroprotective activity against the LPS and E. coli-induced kidney injury through inhibition of the oxidative stress and inflammation, International Immunopharmacology, 80 (106209), 1 – 14, 2020.
- Jawad Ali, Ashraf Ullah Khan, Fawad Ali Shah, Hussain Ali, Salman Ul Islam, Yeong Shik Kim, Salman Khan, Mucoprotective Effects of Saikosaponin-A in 5-fluorouracil-induced Intestinal Mucositis in Mice Model, Life Sciences, Volume 239, 15 December 2019, 116888,
- Sohail Kamran, Muhammad Saqlain, Zakir Khan, Sajid Mahmood, Hussain Ali, Nafees Ahmad, Kifayat Ullah Shah, Cost Analysis of Registered Brands of Oral Antidepressant Drugs in Pakistan: A Descriptive Analysis, Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Research, September 2019, 1 – 7.
- Qurat ul Ain, Mahira Zeeshan, Salman Khan, Hussain Ali, Biomimetic Hydroxyapatite as a Potential Polymeric Nanocarrier for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part A, July 2019, 107A, 2595 – 2600.
- Mahira Zeeshan, Hussain Ali, Salman Khan, Mahwash Mukhtar, Muhammad Ijaz Khan, Muhammad Arshad, Glycyrrhizic acid-loaded pH-sensitive poly-(lactic-co-glycolic acid) nanoparticles for the amelioration of inflammatory bowel disease, journal of Nanomedicine (Future Medicine), July 2019, 1 – 26.
- Ashrafullah Khan, Salman Khan, Hassan Ali, Kifayat Ullah Shah, Hussain Ali, Omer Shehzad, Alev Onder, Yeong Shik Kim, Anomalin attenuates LPS-induced acute lungs injury through inhibition of AP-1 signaling, International Immunopharmacology, May 2019, Volume 73, 451 – 460.
- Muhammad Saqlain, Asad Riaz, Muhammad Naeem Malik, Salman Khan, Ali Ahmed, Sohail Kamran, Hussain Ali, Medication Adherence and Its Association with Health Literacy and Performance in Activities of Daily Livings among Elderly Hypertensive Patients in Islamabad, Pakistan, Journal of Medicina, May 2019, Volume 55(5), 2 – 14
- Muhammad Naveed, Shahan Zeb Khan, Sara Zeeshan, Adnan Khan, Bushra Shal, Ayesha Atiq, Hussain Ali, Rahim Ullah, Zia-ur-Rehman, Salman Khan, A new cationic palladium(II) dithiocarbamate exhibits anti inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities through inhibition of inflammatory mediators in in vivo models, Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Archives of Pharmacology, April 2019, Volume 392, 961–977.
- Sidra Khalid, Adnan Khan, Hussain Ali, Yeong S. Kim, Salman Khan, Suppression of TRPV1 and P2Y nociceptors by honokiol isolated from T Magnolia officinalis in 3rd degree burn mice by inhibiting inflammatory mediators, Journal of Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, March 2019, volume 114, 1 – 13.
- Mahira Zeeshan, Hussain Ali, Salman Khan, Saeed Ahmad Khan, Benno Weigmann, Advances in orally-delivered pH-sensitive nanocarrier systems; an optimistic approach for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, January 2019, volume 558, 201 – 214.
- Ashrafullah Khan, Muhammad Zia Ullah, Ruqayya Afridi, Hina Rasheed, Sidra Khalid, Hadayat Ullah, Hussain Ali, Shakir D. AlSharari, Yeong Shik Kim, Salman Khan, Antinociceptive properties of 25‐methoxy hispidol A, a triterpinoid isolated from Poncirus trifoliata (Rutaceae) through inhibition of NF‐κB signalling in mice, journal of Phytotheraphy Research, October 2018, 1 – 15.
- Sidra Khalid, Muhammad Ammar Zahid, Hussain Ali, Yeong S. Kim, Salman Khan, Biaryl scafold-focused virtual screening for anti-aggregatory and neuroprotective effects in Alzheimer’s disease, Journal of BMC Nuroscience, 2018, 1 – 11
- Muhammad Zia Ullah, Ashraf Ullah Khan, Ruqayya Afridi, Hina Rasheed, Sidra Khalid, Muhammad Naveed, Hussain Ali, Yeong Shik Kimb, Salman Khan, Attenuation of inflammatory pain by puerarin in animal model of inflammation through inhibition of pro-inflammatory mediators, International Immunopharmacology, 2018, volume 61, pages; 306 – 316
- Bushra Shal, Wei Ding, Hussain Ali, Yeong S. Kim and Salman Khan, Anti-neuroinflammatory Potential of Natural Products in Attenuation of Alzheimer’s Disease, Frontiers in Pharmacology, 09, 2018
- Sidra Khalid, Muhammad Z. Ullah, Ashraf U. Khan, Ruqayya Afridi, Hina Rasheed, Adnan Khan, Hussain Ali, Yeong S. Kim and Salman Khan, Antihyperalgesic Properties of Honokiol in Inflammatory Pain Models by Targeting of NF-κB and Nrf2 Signaling, Frontiers in Pharmacology, 20 March 2018, volume09, doi: 10.3389/fphar.2018.00140
- M. Junaid Dar, Hussain Ali, Amjad Khan & Gul Majid Khan, Polymer-based drug delivery: the quest for local targeting of inflamed intestinal mucosa, Journal of Drug Targeting, 14 Mar 2017, Volume 25, Issue 7, pp 582 – 596
- Hussain Ali, Benno Weigmann, Eva-Maria Collnot, Saeed Ahmad Khan, Maike Windbergs, Claus-Michael Lehr, Budesonide Loaded PLGA Nanoparticles for Targeting the Inflamed Intestinal Mucosa—Pharmaceutical Characterization and Fluorescence Imaging, pharmaceutical Research, Springer, May 2016, Volume 33, Issue 5, pp 1085–1092
- Saeed Ahmad Khan, Hussain Ali, Ayesha Ihsan, and Nadeem Sabir, Tuning the Size of Gelatin Nanoparticles Produced by Nanoprecipitation, colloid journal, ISSN 1061933X, Colloid Journal, 2015, Vol. 77, No. 5, pp. 672–676
- Hussain Ali, Benno Weigmann, Eva-Maria Collnot, Maike Windbergs, Marcus F. Naurath, Claus- Michael Lehr, Budesonide loaded nanoparticles with pH-sensitive coating for improving the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, Journal of Controlled Release. 2014 March 20; 183(2):167-177. doi:10.1016/j.jconrel.2014.03.039
- Hussain Ali, Eva-Maria Collnot, Maike Windbergs, Claus Michael Lehr, Nanomedicine for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, European Journal of Nanomedicine (EUJNM) 2013. Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages 23–38
- E.M.Collnot, Hussain Ali, Claus-Michael Lehr, Nano- and micro particulate drug carriers for targeting of the inflamed intestinal mucosa, Journal of controlled release. Journal of Controlled Release. 2012 Jul 20; 161(2):235-46. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2012.01.028. Epub 2012 Jan 25
- Fransisca Leonard, Hussain Ali, Eva-Maria Collnot, Bart J. Crielaard, Twan Lammers Gert Storm, Claus Michael Lehr, In vitro screening of budesonide drug delivery systems for the treatment of IBD in a novel inflamed 3D cell culture model, ALTEX. 2012;29(3):275-85