▪ Political Science & International Relations
▪ South Asia: India and Pakistan
▪ Democracy, Federalism, Security, Foreign Policy
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, Pakistan Factor and the Competing Perspectives in India (Due to be published on February 04, 2022)
▪ Javaid Hayat & Raja Qaiser Ahmed, Kashmir Conundrum: Reconciliation, Peace Building and Conflict Transformation (Busra: Ekin Blackswan Publishing, 2020)
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, Democracy in Pakistan: From Rhetoric to Reality (Islamabad: Narratives Publishers, 2015).
▪ Javaid Hayat & Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “The Kashmir Conundrum: Past, Present and Future”, In Society and Politics of Jammu and Kashmir edited by Serena Hussain (London: Palgrave Macmillan Press, 2021)
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Federalismo en Pakistan: desafios fiscales y el camino a seguir”, in Modelos para armar edited by Marcelo Bernal y Calogero Pizzolo, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, 2018.
Publications in WOS & Scopus Indexed Journals
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Politics of Power Sharing in Disputed Territories: A Case Study of the 13th Amendment in the Constitution of Azad Kashmir”, Journal of Asian and African Studies, accepted.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed & Maryum Tamoor, “Chosen Trauma and Saffronization of India”, International Area Stduies Review, accepted. ▪
Raja Qaiser Ahmed & Maryum Tamoor, “State Formation and the Postcolonial Decay in Pakistan”, Asian Journal of Social Science, 2021.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, Mohammad Ishaq & Mummahad Shoaib, “The Changing Political Trends in Erstwhile FATA: A Study of the Last Three Elections”, International Area Studies Review, accepted.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed & Rafiullah Khan, “The Rise of Peripheral Nationalism in Pakistan and the Pashtun Tahafuz Movement”, Asian Ethnicity, 2020
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed & Misbah Arif, “Emerging Challenges of Space Weaponization in South Asia: Advances in Indian Space Program and Challenges to Regional Security”, Astropolitics 2 Vol. 18 (2020): 158-169.
▪ Allauddin, H Liu & Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “The Changing Dynamics and New Developments of China–Pakistan Relations”, India Quarterly 1, Vol. 76 (2020): 73-88.
▪ Mian Zahid Hussain & Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Space programs of India and Pakistan: Military and strategic installations in outer space and precarious South Asian regional strategic stability”, Space Policy, Vol. 47 (2019): 63-75.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed and Misbah Arif, “Space Militarization in South Asia India’s Quest for Space Weapons and Implications for Pakistan,” Asian Survey, University of California Press 5, Vol. 57 (2017): 813-832.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Nationalism and Political Identity in Pakistan: Rise and Role of Indigenous Identities,” SAIS Review, John Hopkins University Press 2, Vol. 35 (2015): 105-116.
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals (HEC Recognized)
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Modi Factor, Hindu Nationalism and the Ideology Matrix in Contemporary India”, Margalla Papers 1, Vol. XXIV (2020): 44-53.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed & A.S Minhas, “Foreign Policy Making in a Changing Landscape”, Pakistan Horizon 3, Vol. 73 (2020): 51-68.
▪ Dr. Ahmed Saeed Minhas, Dr. Farhat Konain Shujai & Dr. Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Evaluating India-China Tactical Military Standoff through Strategic Lens”, NDU Journal, 2020.
▪ Muhammad Waqas Saleem & Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Conceptualization of Democracy: A Rural Perspective”, Journal of History and Culture 1, Vol. XLI (2020): 81-96.
▪ Misbah Arif and Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “The Trajectory of Pakistan-Russia Relations: Emerging Contours and Future Prospects”, Journal of Contemporary Studies 2, Vol. 07 (2018): 67-82.
▪ Dr Saima Kayani, Asia Karim and Raja Qaiser, “Comparative Study of Soft Power in South Asia: India and Pakistan”, Journal of Contemporary Studies 01, Vol. 06 (2017): 1-20.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed & Co, “Makuran: Gateway to Middle East”, Balochistan Review 2, Vol. 37 (2017): 277-292.
▪ Dr. Saima Kayani & Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “Turkmenistan’s Political Culture of Neutrality”, Journal of Contemporary Studies 1, Vol. 5 (2016): 15-31.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, “India’s Look East Policy: Challenges and Options for Pakistan,” NDU Journal, Vol 29 (2015): 55-74.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, Misbah Arif, Dr. Sheheryar Khan, “Security Architecture of South Asia: A New Framework of Analysis,” The Dialogue 3, Vol. 10 (2015): 1-15.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, Dr. Sheharyar & Muhammad Shoaib, “The Changing Dynamics of the Foreign Policy of China in Contemporary Time,” The Turkish Yearbook of International Relations, Vol. 45 (2014): 23-40.
▪ Raja Qaiser Ahmed, Dr. Saima Kayani & Muhammad Shoaib, “Regionalization of Political Violence: Arab Levant and the Rise of ISIS” The Dialogue 4, Vol. 10 (2014): 1-21.
▪ “State-Centre Relations and Power Devolutionism in India” paper presented at 2nd Annual Conference on Social Sciences held at Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad, December 28, 2016.
▪ “Modi’s Diplomatic Offensive: Policy Options for Pakistan,” paper presented at International Conference on Peace and Security in South and Central Asia, organized by Department of Defence & Diplomatic Studies, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi, September 23, 2016.
▪ “Democracy and Human Rights in Pakistan: A Way Forward,” paper presented at National Conference on Human Rights organized by Ministry of Human Rights, Government of Pakistan, December 11, 2015.
▪ “War of Narratives: Evolution of Pakistan’s Security Paradigm,” paper presented at 1st Research Conference, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Wah, 14 November 2015
▪ "Centre-Province Relations: Endemic Crises of Federalism and Changing Landscape of Ethnic Politics in Pakistan," at 1st Conference on Social Sciences, Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad, 5 November 2015.
▪ “The State and Polity in India: Assessing the Roots of Authoritarianism in Dichotomous Application of Devolution of Power in State-Centre Relationship of Indian Political Frame of Rule” at International Conference on Local Representation of Power in South Asia, Government College University Lahore, November 12-13, 2014.
▪ “Democratic Development in India: Lessons for Pakistan” Paper presented at International Conference on Social and Computational Sciences, held on January 19th and 20th at Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan, Pakistan.
▪ “The Rising Middle Class in India: A Case Study of Anna Hazare Movement” Paper being read in XIV Annual International Seminar on “Economics, Politics, and, Civil Society,” held on January 2-3, 2013 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
INTERNATIONAL TALKS & GUEST LECTURES
▪ Hindu Nationalism and Indian Foreign Policy towards Pakistan, Institute of Asia Pacific Studies, the University of Nottingham, November 30, 2017.
▪ “Fiscal Federalism: A Case Study of Pakistan,” presentation made at University of Innsbruck Austria
▪ Presented a talk on, “Kashmir in the Post August 5th Scenario: AJK’s Perspective”, at World Forum on Kashmir, February 5th, 2021.
▪ Presented a talk on, “Contemporary System of Representation: Merits and Demerits”, at Pakistan Institute of Parliamentary Services, November 03, 2020.
▪ Presented a talk on, “Making GB a Province: AJK’s Perspective”, at Islamabad Policy Research Institute, October 14, 2020.
▪ Presented a talk on, “Kashmir Conflict: The Contemporary Landscape”, at National Defence University Islamabad, September 13, 2019.
▪ Presented a talk on, “The Revocation of Article 370 and its Aftermath”, at Islamabad Policy Institute, August 09, 2019.
▪ Presented a talk on, “Democracy and Political Change in Pakistan: 2008-2018”, at National Defence University Islamabad, March 14, 2019.
▪ Presented a talk on, “Economic Social and Political Rights of People of Gilgit Baltistan”, at IPRI (Islamabad Policy Research Institute) February 28, 2019.
▪ Presented a talk on, “SCO’s Role in Regional Stability: Prospects for Pakistan” at Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies Islamabad, April 15, 2017
▪ Presented a talk on, “Political Culture of South Asia,” and chaired a session at 24th International Conference on the Historians of South Asia, Asian History Culture and Environment: Vernacular and Oriental Paradigms, December 06, 2016
▪ Guest Lecture on, “India-Pakistan Relations in a Comparative Perspective,” at National Defence University Islamabad, November 20, 2015.
▪ Panel Speaker on, "Democracy, Freedom of Expression and Governance in Pakistan: The Role of Academia," organized by UNDP office, United Nations Islamabad, November 27, 2015.
▪ Panel Discussant on, “The Reluctant Fundamentalist” with Dr. Nukhbah Langah at Friedrich Eris Stiftung Islamabad, December 10, 2014
▪ Guest Speaker on Economic Revivalism in Pakistan with Syed Khurshid Shah at Centre for Pak Gulf Studies, Islamabad, October 21, 2014.
▪ Guest Speaker on, “Counterinsurgency and Peacebuilding in Pakistan” with Dr. Jsochen Hippler at Centre for Policy Studies, COMSATS, March 14, 2014.
▪ Guest Speaker on, “Managing the Border Tensions at Line of Control between India and Pakistan” at National Defence University Islamabad, November 7, 2013.
▪ Guest Speaker on, “Role of OIC in Highlighting Kashmir Issue” with Abdullah Alim, Assistant Secretary-General OIC, at Institute of Strategic Studies, Islamabad, November 21, 2013.
▪ “Dynastic Politics and Incumbency Factor in Pakistan”, Principal Investigator, Won Research Grant from University Research Fund.
▪ “Model CCI: Debating Federalism in Pakistan” Project Coordinator SPIR, Sponsored by Hanss Siedel Foundation.
▪ Research Assistant to Dr. Joshua T. White in his doctoral research project, “Decision Making in Religious Political Parties of Pakistan” from August 2011 to August 2012.
▪ Trainer on Democracy and Governance in Intermedia’s Program, “Civic Journalism: Covering Democracy and Governance Issues” sponsored by Asia Foundation July 2013-Agust 2013.