Organic Synthesis, Supramolecular Chemistry, Crystal Engineering,
Bio-organic & medicinal Chemistry
1) Jawaria, R.; Hussain, M.; Shafiq, Z.; Ahmad, H. B.; Tahir, M. N.; Shad H. A.; Naseer, M. M. Robustness of thioamide dimer synthon, carbon bonding and thioamide-thioamide stacking in ferrocene-based thiosemicarbazones. CrystEngComm, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C4CE02566K. (IF 3.858)
2) Dereli, ö.; Bahçeli, S.; Abbas, A.; Naseer, M. M. Quantum chemical investigations of a co-crystal of 1,3,5-tris(4-hydroxyphenyl)benzene and 2,4,6-trimethoxy-1,3,5-triazine. Monatsh Chem. 2015, DOI 10.1007/s00706-015-1413-z. (IF 1.347)
3) Youssoufi, M.H.; Hadda, T.B.; Warad, I.; Naseer, M.M.; Mabkhot, Y.N.; Bader, A. POM analyses of anti-kinase activity of thirteen peptide alkaloids extracted from Zizyphus species. Med. Chem. Res. 2015, 24, 267–274. (IF 1.612)
4) Anam, F.; Abbas, A.; Lo, K.M.; Zia-ur-Rehman; Hameed, S.; Naseer, M.M. Homologous 1,3,5-triarylpyrazolines: Synthesis, CH•••π interactions guided self-assembly and effect of alkyloxy chain length on DNA binding properties. New J. Chem., 2014, 38, 5617. (IF 3.159)
5) Naseer, M.M.; Wang, D.-X.; Zhao, L.; Wang, M.-X. Construction and Multiple Exterior Surface Functionalization of Giant Molecular Cages. Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2014, 7895-7905.
6) Ahmad, M.; Pervez, H.; Hadda, T.B.; Toupet, L.; Naseer, M.M. Synthesis and solid state self-assembly of an isatin-thiazoline hybrid driven by three self-complementary dimeric motifs. Tetrahedron Lett., 2014, 55, 5400. (IF 2.391)
7) Abbas, A.; Gökce, H.; Bahceli, S.; Naseer, M.M. Spectroscopic (FT-IR, Raman, NMR and UV-vis.) and Quantum Chemical Investigations of (E)-3-[4-(Pentyloxy)phenyl]-1-phenylprop-2-en-1-one. J. Mol. Struct., 2014, 1075, 352. (IF 1.599)
8) Abbas, A.; Hussain, S.; Hafeez, N.; Naseer, M.M. Synthesis and spectral characterization of new homologous 1,3,5-triaryl-2-pyrazolines: Influence of alkyloxy chain length on fluorescence. Spectrochim. Acta A, 2014, 133, 182. (IF 2.163)
9) Babar, T.M.; Naseer, M.M.; Ali, F.I; Rama, N.H; Hadda T.B. Synthesis and effect of substituent position on anti-inflammatory activity of 3-(halobenzyl)isocarbostyrils. Med. Chem. Res. 2014, 23, 4607-4618. (IF 1.612)
10) Babar, T.M.; Naseer, M.M.; Rauf, M.K.; Pervez, H.; Abihara, M.; Rama, N.H. Synthesis of hexacyclic fused isocoumarin framework through selective domino multicyclizations under catalyst and solvent free conditions. Chin. Chem. Lett., 2014, 25, 1282-1286. (IF 1.178)
11) Arshad, I.: Ashraf, S.; Abbas, A.; Hameed, S.; Lo, K.M.; Naseer, M.M. Conformational isomerism in a conformational polymorph of 2,5-dibenzylidenecyclopentanone: crystallographic and quantum chemical structures. Eur. Chem. Bull., 2014, 3, 587-592.
12) Mabkhot Y.N.; Al-Majid, A.M.; Barakat, A; Al-Showiman, S.S.; Al-Har, M.S.; Radi, S.; Naseer, M.M.; Hadda T.B. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of 2-Aminobenzamide Derivatives as Antimicrobial Agents: Opening/Closing Pharmacophore Site. Int. J. Mol. Sci., 2014, 15, 5115. (IF 2.339)
13) Abbas, A.; Hussain, S.; Hafeez, N.; Hassan, A.; Naseer, M.M. Synthesis and spectral characterization of new 1,3,5-triaryl-2-pyrazolines highlighting effect of alkyloxy chain length on fluorescence. Spectrochim. Acta A, 2014, 127, 32. (IF 2.163)
14) Hadda, T.B.; Srivastava, S.; Das, B.; Salgado-Zamora, H.; Shaheen, U.; Bader, A.; Naseer, M.M. POM analyses of antimicrobial activity of some 2,3-armed 4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-1-benzothiophenes: favourable and unfavourable physico-chemical parameters in design of antibacterial and mycolytic agents. Med. Chem. Res., 2014, 23, 995. (IF 1.612)
15) Nazir, H.; Zhang, W.; Liu, Y.; Chen, X.; Wang, L.; Naseer, M.M.; Ma, G. Silicone oil emulsions: strategies to improve their stability and applications in hair care products. Int. J. Cosmet. Sci., 2014, 36, 124. (IF 1.451)
16) Abbas, A.; Nazir, H.; Naseer, M.M.; Bolte, M.; Hussain, S.; Hafeez, N.; Hassan, A. Synthesis, spectral characterization, self-assembly and biological studies of N-acyl-2-pyrazolines bearing long alkoxy side chains. Spectrochim. Acta A, 2014, 120, 176.
17) Abbas, A.; Naseer, M.M.; Hassan, A.; Hadda, T.B. Synthesis and Cytotoxicity Studies of 4-Alkoxychalcones as New Antitumor Agents. J. Mater. Environ. Sci. 2014, 5, 281.
18) Abbas, A.; Naseer, M.M. Synthesis and Anti-inflammatory Activity of New N-Acyl-2-pyrazolines Bearing Homologous Alkyloxy Side Chains. Acta Chim. Slov., 2014, 61, 792-802. (IF 0.810)
19) Ahmed, M. N.; Arshad, I.; Bo, W.; Hameed, S.; Khan, B. A.; Yasin, K. A.; Naseer. M. M. Molecular Structure of (1-Benzyl-4-phenyl-1H-1,2,3-triazol-5-yl)(4-bromophenyl)methanone: A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study. Chinese J. Struct. Chem. 2014, 33, 1749-1756. (IF 0.477)
20) Naseer, M.M.; Abbas, A.; Hameed, S.; M. Farman. Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reaction of dichloro-heteroaromatics: synthesis of functionalized dinucleophilic fragments. J. Chil. Chem. Soc. 2014, 59, 2717-2720. (IF 0.469)
21) Zia-ur-Rehman; Naseer, M.M.; Shah, A.; Ali, S.; Meetsma, A. Steric and Electronic Influence on the Coordination Aptitude of 4-Formylpiperazine-1-Carbodithioate Toward Triorganotin(IV) Moieties. Heteroatom Chem., 2014, DOI: 10.1002/hc.21222. (IF 1.257)
22) Hussain, A.; Kashif, M.K.; Naseer, M.M.; Rana, U.A.; Hameed, S. Synthesis and in vivo hypoglycemic activity of new imidazolidine-2,4-dione derivatives. Res. Chem. Intermed. 2014, DOI: 10.1007/s11164-014-1814-3. (IF 1.540)
23) Abbas, A.; Kalsoom, S.; Hadda, T.B.; Naseer, M.M. Evaluation of 4-alkoxychalcones as a new class of antiglycating agents: a combined experimental and docking study. Res. Chem. Intermed. 2014, DOI: 10.1007/s11164-014-1752-0. (IF 1.540)
24) Naseer, M.M.; Hameed, S. Synthons for supramolecular assemblies: synthesis of new triazine-core polyhydroxylated and multi-N-donor compounds. Eur. J. Chem. 2013, 4, 149.
25) Naseer, M.M.; Hameed, S. Layer-by-layer assembly of supramolecular hexagonal blocks driven by CH/π and π-π interactions. CrystEngComm, 2012, 14, 4247. (IF 3.858)
Selected as an article of interest to crystal engineers from across the RSC journals (May, 10, 2012). Selected among top ten most accessed articles (June 27, 2012)
26) Naseer, M.M.; Hameed, S. Double Suzuki Cross-Coupling Reaction of Pyrimidine Boronic Acid: Synthesis of New Versatile Dielectrophile. Appl. Organomet. Chem., 2012, 26, 330. (IF 2.017)
27) Naseer, M.M.; Wang, D.-X.; Wang, M.-X. Synthesis of Oxacalixm-terphenyltriazine and Its Functionalizations. Heterocycles, 2012, 84, 1375. (IF 0.908)
28) Naseer, M.M.; Wang, D.-X.; Zhao, L., Huang, Z.-T.; Wang, M.-X. Synthesis and Functionalization of Heteroatom Bridged Bicyclocalixaromatics, Large Molecular Triangular Prisms with Electron Rich and Deficient Aromatic Interiors. J. Org. Chem., 2011, 76, 1804. (IF 4.638)
29) Chohan, Z.H; Naseer, M.M. Metal Based Sulfonamides: Synthesis, Characterization, antibacterial, antifungal and cytotoxic properties of pyrrolyl and thienyl derived compounds. Appl. Organomet. Chem., 2007, 21, 728. (IF 2.017)
30) Chohan, Z.H; Naseer, M.M. Organometallic based biologically active compounds: synthesis of mono- and di-ethanolamine derived ferrocenes with antibacterial, antifungal and cytotoxic properties, Appl. Organomet. Chem., 2007, 21, 1005. (IF 2.017)
31) Naseer, M.M.; Nawaz, R.; Shafiq, M.; Rehman R. Spectrophotometric determination of mefenamic acid excreted as free drug in urine of human beings. J. Res. (Sci.), 2007, 18, 211.
32) Chohan, Z.H; Rauf, A.; Naseer, M.M.; Somra, M.A; Supuran, C.T. Antibacterial, Antifugal and Cytotoxic Properties of Some Sulfonamide-Derived Chromones. J. Enz. Inhib. Med. Chem., 2006, 21, 173. (IF 2.383)
33) Chohan, Z.H; Shaikh, A.U; Naseer, M.M; Supuran, C.T. In-Vitro Antibacterial, Antifungal and Cytotoxic Properties of Metal Based Furanyl Derived Sulfonamides. J. Enz. Inhib. Med. Chem., 2006, 21, 771. (IF 2.383)
34) Chohan, Z.H; Shaikh, AU; Naseer, M.M. Metal Based Isatin Bearing Sulfonamides: Their Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Properties. Appl. Organomet. Chem., 2006, 20, 729. (IF 2.017)
Total IF = 60.132
INVITED ORAL PRESENTATION entitled “CH-π, π-π and Weak Hydrogen Bonds in Crystal Engineering” in the Collaborative Conference on Crystal Growth (3CG)” to be held in Phuket, Thailand from 04-07 November, 2014.
ORAL PRESENTATION entitled “Giant Molecular Cages: Synthesis and Efficient Surface Functionalization” in the International Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry (ICPAC2014) held in Mauritius from 23-27 June, 2014.
ORAL PRESENTATION entitled “Large Cavity Heteroatom Bridged Calixaromatics: Construction and Functionalization” in the 12th International and 24th National Chemistry Conference held in Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan- Pakistan from 28-30 October, 2013.
Attended as participant most of the conferences and symposia held in Beijing during 2007-2011, where listened many Nobel Laureate Lectures (Lehn, Suzuki, Negishi etc).
Participated in the 6th international & 16th national chemistry conference held at department of chemistry B. Z. U., Multan 6-8 April 2006, Organized the conference as a member of student organization committee.
Participated in 33rd All Pakistan Science Conference, 25-28 December, 2002. University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
ø Obtained research grant of Rs. ~4.3 million on a research project of 2 year duration entitled “Design, synthesis, structure and biological screening of heteracalixhetarenes” from Higher Education Commision (HEC) of Pakistan, 2014.
ø Obtained research grant of USD ~8,000 on a research project of 1.5 years duration entitled “Hybrid molecular approach for novel antimalarial and antitubercular agents: Design, synthesis and biological evaluation” from TWAS, 2014.
ø Obtained research grant of Rs. ~ 0.025 million on a research project of 1 year duration entitled “Synthesis of some new homologous 1,3,5-triarylpyrazolines for evaluation of lipophilicity-bioactivity relationship” from University Research Fund (URF, 2014) of Quaid-i-Azam University.
ø Obtained research grant of Rs. ~0.045 million on a research project of 1 year duration entitled “N-Bridged bis-triazines: Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation” from University Research Fund (URF, 2013) of Quaid-i-Azam University.
Obtained research grant of Rs. 0.5 million on a research project of 9 months duration entitled “Synthesis of 1,3,5-triazine derived novel compounds and evaluation of their biological significance” from Higher Education Commission, Govt. of Pakistan. (December 1, 2011 – August 31, 2012)