Structure-property relationship in high performance polymer materials composed of poly aromatic amides, block copolymers, epoxies cured with aromatic amide oligomers and their composites using various reinforcements such as Montmorillonite clay.
Degradation and stabilization studies on poly vinyl chloride, PVC and its copolymers using a variety of additives.
Thermal and mechanical properties of PVC-clay composites.
Molecular modeling of polymer systems to investigate their solid state structure and properties.
1. Ishaq, Muhammad; "X-ray Analysis and Molecular Modeling of the Structure of Thermotropic Copolyesters with Thiophenyl or Oxyphenyl Side Groups", Diss. Abstr. Int., B 1996, 56(10), 5519.
2. Ishaq, M.; Blackwell, J.; Chvalun, S. and Kricheldorf, H.R., “X-ray analysis of the structure of wholly aromatic copolyesters with thiophenyl and oxyphenyl side groups”, Polymer, (1996), 37(3), 477-83 (Eng).
3. Ishaq, M.; Blackwell, J. and Chvalun, S., “Molecular modelling of the structure of the copolyester prepared from p-hydroxybenzoic acid, biphenol and terephthalic acid”, Polymer, (1996), 37(10), 1765-74 (Eng).
4. Chvalun, S.N.; Ishaq, M.; Blackwell, J. and Bilibin, A.Y., “The Structure of wholly aromatic polyesters with bulky side cahins: Poly(phenylene phenyl-terephthalate)”, J. Macromolecular Sci.-Phys., B37:4:451-462, (1998).
5. Chvalun, S.N.; Ishaq, M.; Blackwell, J. and Kricheldorf, H.R., “The Structure of wholly aromatic polyesters with bulky side cahins: Poly(p-phenylene phenylthio-terephthalate)”, J. Macromolecular Sci.-Phys., B38:1&2:93-106, (1999).
6. Azhar Iqbal, Muhammad Ishaq, Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar and Lars Frormann, “The effect of tri(n-butyl) tin(IV) –2– [3–benzoyl phenyl] propionate on the degradation and stabilisation of PVC in inert and oxidative atmospheres”, Polymers & Polymer Composites, (2007) Vol 15, No. 2, 121-129.
7. Azhar Iqbal, Lars Frormann, Anjum Saleem and Muhammad Ishaq, “The effect of filler concentration on the electrical, thermal and mechanical properties of carbon particle and carbon fiber-reinforced poly(styrene-co-acrylonitrile) composites”, Polymer Composites, (2007), 28(2), 186-197. DOI: 10.1002/pc.20253.
8. Navida Bibi, Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, Muhammad Ishaq and Zahoor Ahmad, “Mechanical and thermal properties of nano-composites of poly(vinyl chloride) and co-poly(vinyl chloride-vinyl alcohol-vinyl acetate) with montmorillonite”, Polymers & Polymer Composites, (2007) Vol 15, No. 4, 313-319.
9. Sonia Zulfiqar, Zahoor Ahmad, Muhammad Ishaq, Shaukat Saeed and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Thermal and mechanical properties of SEBS-g-MA based inorganic composite materials”, Journal of Materials Science, (2007), 42:93-100. DOI: 10.1007/s10853-006-1082-8.
10. S. Zulfiqar, S. Shabbir, M. Ishaq, M.S. Shaukat and M.I. Sarwar, “Metal distribution in Pakistani and foreign brands of cigarette tobacco”, Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. (2006) 77(5):671-678.
11. S. Zulfiqar, S. Shabbir, M. Ishaq, M.S. Shaukat and M.I. Sarwar, “Metal distribution in Pakistani and foreign brands of cigarette ash”, Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. (2006) 77(5):679-686.
12. Ayesha Kausar, Sonia Zlfiqar, Saima Shabbir, Muhammad Ishaq and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Mechanical properties of functionalized SEBS based inorganic hybrid materials”, Polymer Bulletin (2007) 59, 457-468.
13. Saima Shabbir, Sonia Zulfiqar, Muhammad Ishaq and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Miscibility studies of PVC/Aramid blends”, Colloid Polym. Sci., (2008) 286:673-681. DOI 10.1007/s00396-007-1811-9.
14. Sonia Zulfiqar, Muhammad Ishaq, Zahoor Ahmad and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Synthesis, static and dynamic light scattering studies of soluble aromatic polyamide”, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, (2008), 19: 1250-1255.
15. Zulfiqar, S., Ishaq, M. and Sarwar, M.I., “Effect of Surface Modification of Montmorillonite on the Properties of Aromatic Polyamide/Clay Nanocomposites”, Surf. Interface Anal., (2008), 40, 1195-1201.
16. Sonia Zulfiqar, Muhammad Rafique, Muhammad Sajjad Shaukat, Muhammad Ishaq and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Influence of clay modification on the properties of aramid-layered silicate nanocomposites”, Colloid & Polymer Science, (2009), 287, 715-723. DOI: 10.1007/s00396-009-2011-6.
17. Sonia Zulfiqar, Saima Shabbir, Muhammad Ishaq and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Investigation of Nanostructure and Properties of Aromatic-Aliphatic Polyamide-Based Nanocomposites with Clay Additives”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, (2009), 112: 3141-3148. DOI: 10.1002/app.29714.
18. Sonia Zulfiqar, Zahoor Ahmad, Muhammad Ishaq and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Aromatic-aliphatic polyamide/montmorillonite clay nanocomposites materials: Synthesis, nanostructure and properties”, Materials Science and Engineering A, (2009), 525: 30-36. DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2009.07.053.
19. Sonia Zulfiqar, Muhammad Ishaq and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Synthesis and Characterization of Soluble Aromatic-Aliphatic Polyamide”, Advances in Polymer Technology, Vol. 29, No.4, 300-308 (2010).
20. Ayesha Kausar, Sonia Zulfiqar, Liaquat Ali, Muhammad Ishaq and Muhammad Ilyas Sarwar, “Novel poly(thiourea-ether-imide)s derived from 4,4’-oxydiphenyl-bis(thiourea): probing the possibility for high-temperature applications”, Polym. Int., (2010), DOI 10.1002/pi.2979.