Dr. Muhammad Imran is Professor of Microbiology. He has ten and half years of experience at QAU. He holds his doctorate and Post doctorate from France. Recently, he worked as visiting scientist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) under Fulbright fellow program. His area of expertise is food and nutritional microbiology with special focus on food safety and Nutrition. He has been awarded three national (PSF: 4.9; Millions PKRS)/HEC & 2.9Million. 2.7 million PKRS)/Industrial: 2 million) and an international (MIT-USA) grant (100,000 $). He successfully supervised 5 PhDs and 58 M.Phils. He also served as president of Pak-France Alumni Network (PFAN) for two consecutive years. He won the “Innovation Award” from Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) for his concept of a biotechnology-based solution to reduce Pakistan’s imports. He has number of international publications in top journals and has written books on his subject of expertise. He has been actively contributing to academic development of QAU by introducing new curriculum. He is also participating as member of curriculum development committee, member board of study and examiner in other universities. He is serving as reviewer of several international journals and editorial board member. He has been actively involved in extracurricular activities throughout his academic and professional career in the form of dramatics, sports and arranging/participating in national and International events/conferences. He is young and energetic and determined to contribute in the academic development of country with full devotion and dedication.
firstname.lastname@example.org, contact; 90643183/ Mobile: 03465459904
Human Gut microbiome
Food and Nutritional Microbiology
Microbial Diversity of Indigenous Fermented Foods
Interactions in Food related Microbial Communities
Food Safety, Food toxicology
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND SOCIAL WORK
· Professor (Tenured) December-2023 to date
· Associate Professor (Tenured), 2018-2022
· Assistant Professor, 2011 to 2018. Department of Microbiology, Quaid-i-Azam University.
· Establishment of research laboratory: Labortory for Microbial Food Safety and Nutrition at Quaid-i-Azam University.
· Member Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC), Directorate General of Science and Technology Governemnet of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
· Course coordinator (2017), Students Advisor (2019), BS coordinator (2022) Department of Microbiology, Quaid-i-Azam University
· President (2017,2018) Coordinator (2019) Board of directors (2017-2019) scientific coordinator (2016): Pakistan French Alumni Network (PFAN), France Alumni International (2017-2018).
· Member: Food quality and hygiene committee, Faculty of Biological Sciences Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad (2015).
· Member curriculum development committee, (M. Sc Food quality and safety) Institute of Food science and technology, University of Agriculture Faisalabad (2013).
· External Examiner/ member board of study: Food and nutrition. Allama Iqbal open University Islamabad Pakistan and FC college Charter university Lahore, Arid Agriculture university, NUST Islamabad. Agriculture University Faisalabad.
· Member editorial board: Journal of Agricultural Science and Food Technology,
· Reviewer: Frontier in Microibology, Fish and Fisheries, Food control, Food Biotechnology, Journal of food safety, Brazilian journal of microbiological research, Asian journal of agriculture, Pearl Journal of Food Science and technology, Peak journal of food science and technology, Peak journal of health,
· Executive member: Academic Staff Association (ASA), Quaid-i-Azam University (2014-15)
· Member: M. Phil Admission Committee (2013), M.Sc: Admission Committee (2015,2017), BS admission committee (2018).
· New courses developed at Department of microbiology, Quaid-i-Azam University (2012-2015)
- Dairy Microbiology (M.Phil & Ph.D)
- Advances in food microbiology (M.Phil & Ph.D)
- Research techniques in microbiology, (M.Phil & Ph.D)
- Statistics in microbiology, (M.Phil & Ph.D)
- Nutritional microbiology. (M.Phil & Ph.D)
- Leave “Parachute Science” Behind When Jumping Into Global Microbiome Research, center for microbiome informatics and therapeutics, Massachussettes Institute of Technology (MIT) https://microbiome.mit.edu/microbiome-news/leave-parachute-science-behind-when-jumping-into-global-microbiome-research/
- Childhood Nutrition: The root causes and remedies. Daily Morning Mail.
- Interview: A Microscopic city in your Gut (Medium) August, 01, 2021.
- Interview: How your microbiome can improve your health; BBC world
1. Shahid Zaman,Madeeha Gohar, Hafsa Kanwal, Afia Chaudhary, Muhammad Imran 2022. Impact of Probiotic Geotrichum candidum QAUGC01 on Health, Productivity, and Gut Microbial Diversity of Dairy Cattle. 79(12)
2. Khan, M.N, and M. Imran. 2022. Draft Genome Sequences of Seven Limosilactobacillus fermentum Indigenously Isolated Probiotic Strains from the Artisanal Fermented Milk Product Dahi. Microbiology Resource Announcement. e00742-22.
3. Ifra, G., Misbah T. T. Ahmed, Amina Z. M. Imran. 2022. Gut microbiome modulation mediated by probiotics: Positive impact on growth and health status of Labeo rohita. . doi: 10.3389/fphys.2022.949559.
4. Khan, M.N., S.I. Khan, M.I. Rana, Arshad, A. Yousaf, M. M. Imran 2022. Intermittent Fasting Positively Modulates Human Gut Microbial Diversity and Ameliorates Blood Lipid Profile. . https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2022.922727
5. M. Idrees, M. Imran, Naima, A. Rabaab. Z. et al. 2022. Probiotics, their action modality and the use of multi-omics in metamorphosis of commensal microbiota into target-based probiotics. Front. Nutrition. DOI 10.3389/fnut.2022.959941.
6. , , , Emergence of hypermucoviscous colistin-resistant high-risk convergent Klebsiella pneumoniae ST-2096 clone from Pakistan. 17(1).
7. M Yasir, A Nawaz, S Ghazanfar, M K Okla, A Chaudhary, Wahidah H Al, M N Ajmal, H AbdElgawad, Z Ahmad, F Abbas, A Wadood, Z Manzoor, N Akhtar, M Din, Y Hameed, M Imran2022. Anti-bacterial activity of essential oils against multidrug-resistant foodborne pathogens isolated from raw milk. Braz J Biol. 84:e259449. doi: 10.1590/1519-6984.259449. (0.472 IF)
8. Zumara Younus, Sagar M. Goyal, Vikash Singh, Aamer Ikram, M. Imran. 2021. Genomic Based Characterization of Enterococcus Spp-An Emerging Pathogen Isolated from Human Gut. Molecular Biology Reports (MOLE) 48(6), pp.5371-5376. (2.136 IF) https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11033-021-06540-5
9. Hafiz Arbab Sakandar , Yongfu Chen, Chuantao Peng, Xia Chen, Muhammad Imran, and Heping Zhang. 2021. Impact of Fermentation on Antinutritional Factors and Protein Degradation of Legume Seeds: A Review, Food Reviews International, DOI: 10.1080/87559129.2021.1931300. IF: 6.478).
10. Nadeem H, Talat M., Muhammad L, Naeem S., Waqas A, Abdul Q., Kashif Sarfraz A. M. Imran. 2021. Rheometry nutrition and gluten microstructure trends in wheat cultivars. Food Science and Technology. Ciência e Tecnologia de Alimentos(). 41(1-6), (IF: 1.52)
Hafiz Arbab Sakandar, Weining Huangl, Stan Kubow, Faizan Ahmed Sadiq, M. Imran. 2020. Comparison of bacterial communities in gliadin-degraded sourdough (Khamir) sample and non-degraded sample J. Food Sci. Technol 57(1):375–380. (IF: 2.701). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-019-04030-y
13. Sami Ullah, Qing-Jun Shao, Imdad Ullah, Amina Zuberi, Muhammad Nasir Khan Khattak, Farman Ullah Dawar, Muhammad Imran, Amin Ullah, Aqsa Bashir Shah. 2020. Dietary administration of Commercially available probiotic enhanced growth, digestion and immune response of Rohu (Labeo rohita) reared in earthen pond. The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture Bamidgeh 72:10 (IF: 0.24).
14. Habib K., T. Ahmad, A. Riaz, G. Ali, I. Arif, M. Imran, S. Parveen, A. Maqbool, S. Ghazanfar. 2020. Molecular Identification of Lactic acid bacteria Isolated from Lactating Cattle Lower Gut as a Potential Probiotic Species. Indian Journal of Animal Research 54 (B-1175): 1-8. (IF:0.444)
Stan Kubow, Behnam Azadi, Rani Faryal, Barkat Ali, Shakira Ghazanfar, . Frontiers in Microbiology.
16. Farah. N. M. N. Khan, A. Javed, I. Ahmed, N.Ali, M.I.Ali, S.M. Bakhtiar, M. Imran. 2019. Genomic and Functional Characterization of Enterococcus mundtii QAUEM2808, Isolated From Artisanal Fermented Milk Product Dahi. Frontiers in Microbiology. 10:434.
17. Imran, M., Desmasures, N., Coton, M., Coton, E., Le Flèche-Matéos, A., Irlinger, F., Delbès, C., Stahl, V., Montel, M.-C.,Vernoux, J.-P., 2019. Safety assessment of Gram-negative bacteria associated with traditional French cheeses. Food Microbiology. 79.1-10. ISSN 0740-0020. (IF:4.09)
18. Hafiz Arbab Sakandar, Raza, Hussain, Stan Kubow, Faizan Ahmed Sadiq, Weining Huang, M. Imran. 2019. Sourdough Bread a Contemporary Cereal Fermented Product: Invited Review. Journal of Food Processing and Preservtion. 43 (3).1-15.(IF:1.51).
19. Abu bakar Muhammad, B. S.A. Imran, J.P-Vernoux, M.I. Ali, R. Faryal, N. Desmasures, M. Imran. 2019. Purification, Characterization and Thermodynamic Assessment of an Alkaline Protease by Geotrichum candidum of Dairy Origin. Iranian Journal of Biotechnology. IJB-17(2): 1709-2042 (IF:0.338)
20. Imrana Amir, amina zuberi, M. Kamran, M. Imran, Mahmmod ul Hassan Murtaza. 2019. Evaluation of commercial application of dietary encapsulated probiotic (Geotrichum candidum QAUGC01): Effect on growth and. immunological indices of rohu (Labeo rohita, Hamilton 1822) in semi-intensive culture system. Fish and shell fish immunology. 95: 464-472. (3.37) https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S105046481931054X
21. Hafiz Arbab Sakandar, Sarfraz Ahmad, Rashida Perveen, Hafiz Khuram Wasim Aslam, Azam Shakeel, Faizan Ahmed Sadiq, Muhammad Imran. 2018. Camel Milk and its Allied Health Claims: A review, Progres in Nutrition. 20S:15-29. (IF:). DOI: 10.23751/pn.v20i1-S.5318.
22. Yaqub, Hafiz Arbab Sakandar, Nuzhat Huma, Faizan Ahmed Sadiq, Qaiser Farid Khan, Muhammad Imran, Abdur Rehman, Rashida Perveen, Ayesha Sameen. 2018. Effects of Artificial Sweeteners on the Quality Parameters of Yogurt During Storage. Progres in Nutrition. 20 (2-S): 57-63. DOI: 10.23751/pn.v20i2-S.5667. (IF:).
23. Hafiz Arbab Sakandar, M. Afzaal,Tahir Zahoor,Faizan Ahmed Sadiq, Farhan Ahmad, Muhammad Imran, Adeela Yasmin, Qaiser Farid Khan. 2018. Effect of encapsulation on the viability of probiotics in youghurt. Progres in Nutrition. 20 (2-S):44-52. (IF:).
24. Imrana Amir, amina zuberi, M. Imran, Sana Ullah. 2018. Evaluation of yeast and bacterial based probiotics for early rearing of Labeo rohita(Hamilton, 1822). Aquculture Research. 49 (12): 3856-3863. (IF:1.475). DOI: 10.1111/are.13852.
25. Saima Khalid, Noshal Hussain, M. Imran. 2018. Detection of Aflatoxigenicity of Aspergillus flavus Based on Potential Gene Marker from Food and Feed Samples. Journal of food safety. 38(3). e12448 (IF:1.275). .
26. Arbab, H. M., Khadija Usman, M. Imran. 2018. Isolation and Characterization of Gluten Degrading Enterococcus munditii and Wickerhanomyces anomalusm Potential Probiotic Strains from Indigenously Fermented Sourdough. LWT-Food Science and Technology. 91:271-277. (IF: 3.129). (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2018.01.023).
27. Ifra Ghori, Misbah Tabassum, Tanveer Ahmad, Amina Zuberi and Muhammad Imran. 2018. Geotrichum candidum Enhanced the Enterococcus faecium Impact in Improving Physiology, and Health of Labeo rohita (Hamilton, 1822) by Modulating Gut Microbiome under mimic aquaculture conditions.Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 18:1255-1267. (IF :0.482) DOI: 10.4194/1303-2712-v18_11_02.
28. Shakira Ghazanfar, Maria Qubtia, Iftikhar Ahmed, Fariha Hasan, Muhammad Iqbal Anjum and Muhammad Imran. 2018. Effect of indigenously isolated Saccharomyces cerevisiae probiotics on milk production, nutrient digestibility, blood chemistry and fecal microbiota in lactating dairy cows. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 28 (2)
29. Khalid, Saima; Baccile, Joshua; Spraker, Joseph; Tannous, Joanna; Muhammad Imran, Schroeder, Frank; Keller, Nancy 2018. NRPS-derived Isoquinolines and Lipopetides Mediate Antagonism between Plant Pathogenic Fungi and Bacteria. ACS Chem. Biol.13 (1). (IF:4.592).
30. Muhammad Ibrar, Amina. Zuberi,, Imrana Amir, Muhammad Imran, Zohaib Noor 2017 Effect of Probiotic Geotrichum candidum on Early Rearing of Labeo rohita (Hamilton, 1822).Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 17: 1263-1270. (IF :0.482)
31. Abubakar Muhammad, S.A.I Bokhari, Naeem Ali, Hamid Mukhtar, Ali Nawaz and M. Imran. 2017. Purification and characterization of extracellular lipase by Geotrichum candidum of dairy origin. Pak. J. Bot., 49(2): 757-761. (IF :0.94)
32. Rabia Liaquat, A. Jamal, I. Tauseef , Z. Qureshi, U. Farooq, Muhammad Imran, M. I. Ali. 2017. Characterizing Bacterial Consortia from an Anaerobic Digester Treating Organic Waste for Biogas Production. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies 26 (2) (IF :1.120)
33. Yasmin, N., R. Javed, S. Hameed, S. Ahmed, M. Imran. 2017. Inactivation of Food borne Pathogens on Food packaging and in Cow Milk by Exposure of Nd: YAG Laser Canadian Journal of Physics 95(7): 662-669, (IF :0.724)
34. Farah, N, Mehdi, A, Soomro, S.I, Soomro, N. I., Tareb, R, Desmasures N. Vernoux JP, Bakhtiar SM, M. Imran. 2016. Draft Genome Sequence of Enterococcus mundtii QAUEM2808, Isolated from Dahi, a Fermented Milk Product. Genome Announcements 4(5) (Microbiology Resource Announcements, IF: 0.383)
35. Bushra Jamil, Rashda Abbasi, Shahid Abbasi, M. Imran, Siffat, U. Khan, Ayesha Ihsan, Sundus Javed, Habib Bokhari and Muhammad Imran 2016. Encapsulation of cardamom essential oil in chitosan nano-composites: In-vitro efficacy on antibiotic resistant bacterial pathogens and cytotoxicity studies. Frontiers in Microbiology 7; 1580. (IF: 4.019)
36. Madeeha Ilyas Rana, Aamer Ikram, M. Imran. 2016. A preliminary insight of correlation between fecal microbial diversity and blood lipid profile. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition 29:1-7 (IF: 3.483).
37. Hajra Hanif · Awais Anjum · Naeem Ali · Asif Jamal · M. Imran, Bashir Ahmad Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali. 2015. Isolation and Antibiogram of Clostridium tetani from Clinically Diagnosed Tetanus Patients. The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene. 93:752-756. (IF 2.12).
38. Ibrahim, T, A. Bano, H. J. Chaudhary, M. Imran, Z. Mehmood, S. W. Hassan, N. Muhammad, S. A. H. Naqvi, M. F. H. Munis. 2014. Evaluation of Different Inoculation Methods for the Induction of Spot Blotch Caused by Helminthosporium sativum in Wheat. Philippine Journal of Crop Science (PJCS) 39 (3):1-11 (IF: 0.211) (Q4-Agronomy)
39. Muhammad, A.B.; Zaffar Mehmood; Munis, M. F. H.; Chaudhary, H. J.; T. Masud; Mahmood, T.; Haider, M. I.; Muhammad Imran 2014. Comparative biodiesel production potential of food waste oils as renewable energy source. Asian Journal of Chemistry 26 (2) -527-530. (IF 0.14) (Q4-Chemistry, Multidisciplinary)
40. Imran M, Bre J. M, Guéguen M., Vernoux J-P, Desmasures N. 2013. Reduced growth of Listeria monocytogenes in two model cheese microcosms is not associated with individual microbial strains. Food microbiology 33, 30-39 (IF:4.09), (Q1-Food Science and technology, Q1-Biotechnology and applied microbiology, Q2-Microbiology) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23122498
41. Talat M, T. Masud, M. Imran, Iftikhar Ahmed, N. Khalid. 2013. Selection and characterisation of probiotic culture of Streptococcus thermophilus from dahi. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition ;64(4):494-501 (IF: 1.52). (Q3-Food Science and technology/Q4-Nutrition and Dietetics)
42. Imran, M., Vernoux, J-P., Ledauphin, J., Bernay, B. & Desmasures N. (2012). Study of hurdle effect of model microbial communities exhibiting antilisterial activity in a cheese microcosm. Renc. Rech. Ruminants (19) 245-247.http://www.journees3r.fr/spip.php?article3424
43. Javed A., T. Masud, Q. ul Ain, M. Imran, S. Maqsood. 2011. Enterocins of Enterococcus faecium, emerging natural food preservatives. A review. Annals of Microbiology, 61 (4), 699-708, (IF: 1.549)- (Q4- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology/ Q4 Microbiology).http://www.springerlink.com/content/k4322047h230163v/
44. Sandra Larpin, Muhammad Imran, Catherine Bonaïti, Nagamani Bora, Roberto Gelsomino, Stefanie Goerges, Françoise Irlinger, Michael Goodfellow, Alan C. Ward, Marc Vancanneyt, Jean Swings, Siegfried Scherer, Micheline Guéguen and Nathalie Desmasures. (2011) Surfacemicrobial consortia from Livarot, a French smear ripened cheese. Canadian journal of microbiology. 57, 651-660 (IF: 1.243). (Q4-Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology/ Q4 Microbiology)
45. Imran M, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. (2010) From undefined read smear cheese consortia to model communities having similar antilisterial activity on a micro-cheese (agar) matrix. Food Microbiology 27 1095-1103 (IF: 4.6). (Q1- Food Science and technology, Q1-Biotechnology and applied microbiology, Q2-Microbiology)
46. Zaheer Ahmed, Yanping Wang, Qiaoling Cheng and M. Imran (2010) Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteriocin, from production to their application: An overview. African Journal of Biotechnology. 9(20) 2843-2850 (IF: 0.573). (Q4-Biotechnology and applied microbiology)
47. Maqsood’ S., F. Hasan, T. Masud, M. Imran. 2008. Preliminary characterisation of Bacteriocin produced by Lactobacillus acidophilus TS1 isolated from traditional Dahi. Annals of Microbiology, 58 (4) 1-6 (IF: 1.407) (Q4- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology/ Q4 Microbiology).
1. Muhammad Hussein Alu’datt,M.Imran, Neveen Mustafa and Wafa Ayadi. 2018. Fermented Food-Derived Bioactive Compounds with Anticarcinogenic Properties: Fermented Royal Jelly As a Novel Source for Compounds with Health Benefits in In book: Anticancer plants: Properties and Application Publisher: Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd.
2. Shakira Ghazanfar, Nauman Khalid, Iftikhar Ahmed and Muhammad Imran. 2017. Probiotic Yeast: Mode of Action and its Effects on Ruminant Nutrition. in "Yeast - Industrial Applications", ISBN 978-953-51-5782-3. In Tech Open, London, UK.
3. Mazhar Rafique, M. Imran, Hassan Javed. 2015. In book: The Battle Against Microbial Pathogens: Basic Science, Technological Advances and Educational Programs., Chapter: Bacterial biofilm formation and its role against agricultural pathogens, Publisher: Formatex Research Center, Spain.
4. Desmasures, N., Imran, M., Cretenet, M., 2015. Structure–Function Relationships of Microbial Communities, in: Bora, N., Dodd, C., Desmasures, N. (Eds.), Diversity, Dynamics and Functional Role of Actinomycetes on European Smear Ripened Cheeses. Springer International Publishing, pp. 167-184.
5. Imran, M., Desmasures, N., 2015. Safety and Quality Aspects of Smear Ripened Cheeses, in: Bora, N., Dodd, C., Desmasures, N. (Eds.), Diversity, Dynamics and Functional Role of Actinomycetes on European Smear Ripened Cheeses. Springer International Publishing, pp. 199-215. http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-10464-5_9
6. Imran M., Desmasures N., Vernoux J-P. “Fermented food ecosystems having complex microbial communities and functional properties” in book titled: Fermentation: Effects on Food Properties, In series: Chemical & Functional Properties of Food Components. April 10, 2012, CRC Press - 399 Pages.
Conferences Abstracts (Oral and poster presentations)
Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences (ICETBB) CUST, Islamabad. October 2015.
18. Farah Nawaz, Sadia Mehmood, Saima Riaz and M. Imran. 2015. Diversity and technological potential of locally isolated lactic acid bacteria from fermented milk. 10th Biennial International conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology. Exploring Microbes for future Endeavors. March 25-28,. Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Punjab, Lahore.
19. Noor ul Huda, Amina Zuberi, Baber Khan, M. Imran, Saeeda Raza. Strain base comparative effects of Dietary Probiotic Geotrichum candidum on digestive enzymes and body composition of Ctenopharyngodon idella and Tor putitora. 5th International Fisheries symposium, 24-25 February 2015, Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore Pakistan.
20. Organise session « Biotechnologies for Industrial Needs » in 3rd innovation to invention summit 2014. Punjab University Lahore 19-20 March, 2014.
22. Saima Khalid and Muhammad Imran. Comparaison of Molecular and Phenotypic Approaches to Evaluate Aflatoxigenic Potential of Aspergillus flavus.5th International Conference on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change. Sep. 9-11, 2014 at The University of Poonch Rawalakot (Oral Presentation).
23. Hafiz Arbab Sikandar, Muhammad Imran, Hafiz Khuram Waseem Aslam, Muhammad Asim, Azam Shakeel and Muhammad Shoaib Biodegradable Coating of Minimally Processed Melon: A New Tool For Food Preservation. National Conference on “Innovative Technologies and Sustainable Development in Agriculture” August 19-22, 2014 Agricultural University Teachers Association (AUTA) The University of Agriculture Peshawar-Pakistan at Bara Gali –Pakistan.
24. Noor ul Huda—M. Imran and Amina Zubari, 2014 comparative effect of three strains of dietary probiotics Geotrichum candidum on growth performance and immunity of Ctenopharyngodon idella and Tor Putitora, 34th Pakistan congress of Zoology, 25-27 Feb 2014. Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan-Pakistan.
25. Huda S. Kifayyat Ullah, S. Ahmed, Manzoor Khan, M. Imran and Amina Zubari. 2014. Effect of diferent strains of dietary probiotics on digestive enzymes on Juvenil Grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). 34th Pakistan congress of Zoology, 25-27 Feb 2014. Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan-Pakistan.
26. Momina Abbasi, Abu bakar Muhammad, Saima Riaz, Farah Nawaz and M. Imran. 2013. Impact of mix culture of Geotrichum candidum and lactic acid bacteria on yoghurt keeping quality. International Conference on Emerging Issues in Nutrition & Food safety, 21-23 Oct. 2013, University of Agriculture Faisalabad -Pakistan
27. Abu bakar Muhammad and M. Imran. 2013. Geotrichum candidum as a potential proteolytic microbe for food industry. International Conference on Emerging Issues in Nutrition & Food safety, 21-23 Oct. 2013, University of Agriculture Faisalabad –Pakistan.
28. Smayia Sharif, Nafeesa Qudsia Hanif, Shakira Ghazanfar, M. Imran, 2013. Effect of inoculant concentration on safety and nutritional quality of corn silage. International Conference, Application of Molecular Biology in Medicine and Agriculture, August 20-22, 2013. National Centre for Physics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
29. Imran, M., K. Saima, S. Ahmed, N. Desmasures, Impact of Microbial Diversity and Interactions on the Safety of Fermented Foods. 6th Annual World Congress of Industrial Biotechnology (IBIO-2013) Nanjing China 25-27 April 2013 (Oral Presentation).
30. Imran M. Starter Culture - An Import Substitute for Dairy and Health Sector. Invention to Innovation Summit 2013, organized by Institute of Research Promotion (IPR) in collaboration with PSF and PCST. 9-10 April, 2013. University of the Punjab Lahore Pakistan.
31. Abu Bakar M, Ikram-Ul-Haq, U. Hameed, S. Ahmed, M. I., Ali and M. Imran. Evaluation of cladophora sp. Oil for the production of biodiesel as renewable energy source. 33rd Pakistan Congress of Zoology. 2-4 April 2013. Islamabad (Oral presentation).
32. Imran, M., S. Ahmed, J-P Vernoux, and N. Desmasures. Evaluation of antagonistic interaction in a cheese Microcosm by using metaproteomic and metabolomics approaches. 2nd International conference future perspectives of food processing industry in Pakistan. December 11-12, 2012. Department of food Science, Govt. college university Faisalabad, Pakistan (Key note speaker).
33. Abu Bakar Muhammad, Ifra Ghori, Farah Nawaz, M. Imran. Future Challenges for Pakistani Food Industry Regarding Microbial safety. 2nd International conference future perspectives of food processing industry in Pakistan. December 11-12, 2012. Department of food Science, Govt. college university Faisalabad, Pakistan (Poster presentation, 3rd Price).
34. Waqas, A., S. Ahmed, M. Imran High incidence and antibiotic resistance of pathogenic bacteria in raw milk. 1st National Symposium on "New Horizons of Microbiology" Steps of Microbes on the Ladder of Life, November 7-8, 2012. Federal Urdu University of Arts Science and Technology, Karachi, Pakistan (Oral presentation).
35. Imran M., Desmasures N., Ahmad S., Hameed A. Vernoux J-P. Characterization of antilisterial activity of model microbial community in a cheese microcosm. International conference on emerging issues in food safety. 14-16th November, 2011. National institute of Food Science and technology, Faisalabad-Pakistan (Invited presentation).
36. Imran M., Iabbassen A, Panoff JM, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2010. Focusing Metaproteomic analysis of simple microbial community in a cheese microcosm. 8th Congress of French Society of Microbiology (SFM) Congress, Marseille, France, 2-4 June 2010 (Poster presentation)
37. Imran M, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2010. Role of Microbial Growth Dynamics in Antilisterial Activity of Model Microbial Communities Originating from Cheese. 110th General Meeting of American society for Microbiology (ASM), San Diego-California USA. 23-27 May 2010. (Poster presentation)
38. Imran M, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2009. Reconstitution of simple “smear like” microbial consortia active against Listeria monocytogenes in cheese agar 4th IDF (International Dairy Federation) Dairy Science and Technology Week 20-24 April 2009. Rennes-France (Poster presentation)
39. Imran M, Desmasures N, Vernoux J-P. 2009 Comparison of Listeria monocytogenes enumeration by rRNA hybridization and classical oxford media from micro-cheese agar. 12th Day of Doctorate school of Normandy, Integrative Biology, Health and Environment (EdNBISE) 20th March 2009, Rouen, France (Oral presentation)
COMPETATIVE RESEARCH GRANTS AWARDED
- “Conserving and Understanding our microbial heritage”. This Collaboration is part of The Global Microbiome Conservancy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) USA. (Co-Principal Investigator representing Pakistan in global microbiome consortia. : http://microbiomeconservancy.org/about/consortium/
- Designing and development of biosensor for Rapid detection of aflatoxins contamination in Milk and other Foods Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan (Co-Principal Investigator). Project No. 9848. Approved. 2018.(2.74Millions)
- Pangenome analysis of indigenously isolated lactic acid bacteria to identify the genetic basis of technological and bioactive properties to develop probiotic supplements and starter cultures for dairy industry. Higher Education Comission (HEC) Pakistan- 2018-2020. (Principal Investigator) Project No. 6167.(2.99 Million)
- Development of microbial based feed supplement and evaluation of its efficiency on growth, production and health of dairy cattle (2017-2019). (Principal Investigator). Project No. PSF/ILP/C-QU/Biotech (078), (5.0 Million), Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) and 3 Million by SRC (Shafi Resco Chemicals PVT).
- Microbiological safety assessment of milk and Dahi. Higher education commission (HEC) (Rs. 0.5 Million) -2011.
· PRJNA523005 : Geotrichum candidum genome sequencing (TaxID: 1173061),VHDP00000000
Nucleotides Sequences Accession Numbers Submitted to NCBI gene bank
NCBI: accession Numbers: G. candidum: KT280407, Aspergillus flavus: No. KP036603, KP036602, Pichia kudriavzevii: KT987926, KT987927and Lactic acid bacteria: KP256006, KP256007, KP256008 KP256009, KP256010, KT021871, KT021872, KT021870, KT021869, KT021873, KT021874, KT021875, KP256018, KP273582, KP256013, KP256014, KP256015, KP256011, KP256012, KP256016, KP256017, KP256021, KP256019, KP826774,). KP036602, KP036603, KP826777, KT033699, KT033700, KT033701, KT033702, KP826775, KP826776.