· Applied and Environmental Microbiology
o Microbial Fuel Cell Technology and Production of 2nd Generation Bio-fuels
o Microbial Remediation of Polluted Soil and Water
o Microbial Community Interactions and Dynamics in presence of POPs in Soil and Water
o Microbial Bio-synthesis and Application of Nanoparticles.
o Microbial production and extraction of value added products; pectin, rubber and bioactive metabolites
1. Evaluating the production and bio-stimulating effect of 5-methyl 1, hydroxy phenazine on microbial fuel cell performance. Yousaf, S., Anam, M. & Ali, N. Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. (2017). doi:10.1007/s13762-016-1241-7. (Impact factor: 2.344, Q2)
2. High-throughput production of peroxidase and its biodegradation potential toward polymeric material. N. Khatoon, N. I. Sahar, U. Ndu, N. Ali, A. Jamal, S. Ahmed, M. I. Ali. Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. (2016). doi:10.1007/s13762-016-1182-1. (Impact factor: 2.344, Q2).
3. PRODUCTION OF ANTIMICROBIAL PEPTIDES BY EPICOCCUM SP. NFW1: AN ENDOPHYTE OF TAXUS FAUNA. MUNIBA JADOON1, NIGHAT FATIMA, SIDRA MURTAZA, LENG CHEE CHANG, NAEEM ALI and SAFIA AHMED Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica - Drug Research, Vol. 73 No. 6 pp. 1555n1563, 2016 (Impact factor: 0.877, Q4)
4. Evaluating role of immobilized periphyton in bioremediation of azo dye amaranth. S Shabbir, M Faheem, N Ali, PG Kerr, Y Wu - Bioresource Technology, 2016. Volume 225, February 2017, Pages 395–401. (Impact Factor: 4.9, Q1).
5. Periphyton biofilms: A novel and natural biological system for the effective removal of sulphonated azo dye methyl orange by synergistic mechanism. Sadaf Shabbir, Muhammad Faheema, Naeem Ali, Philip G. Kerrc, Yonghong Wu. Chemosphere. Accepted 1 October 2016, Available online 8 October 2016. Volume 167, January 2017, Pages 236–246. (Impact Factor: 3.69, Q1).
6. Prevalence of Leishmania tropica in school boys of khyber agency,FATA near Pak-Afghan border. Naveeda Akhtar Qureshi, Abid Ali, Umer Rashid, Tayyab-ur-Rehman, Naeem Ali. Acta Tropica 164, ISSN, 0001-706X (2016) 90–94. DOI: 10.1016/j.acta tropica.2016.08.031. (Impact Factor: 2.79, Q2)
7. Production, purification and characterization of detergent stable halotolerant alkaline protease for eco-friendly application in detergents’ industry. Maliha Ahmed, Ramla Rehman, Aisha Siddique, Fariha Hasan, Naeem Ali*, Abdul Hameed. International Journal of Biosciences. ISSN: 2220-6655 (print), 2222-5234 (Online) http://www.innspub.net Vol. 8, No. 2, p. 47-65, 2016. DOI: 10.12692/ijb/8.2.47-65. (Impact factor: 0.553).
8. Evaluating the efficiency of a mixed culture biofilm for the treatment of black liquor and molasses in a mediator-less microbial fuel cell. Naeem Ali, Sameen Yousaf, Maira Anam, Zain Bangash, Sehrish Maleeha. Environmental Technology, DOI:10.1080/09593330.2016.1166267, Available online: 05 Apr 2016 Online ISSN, 0959-3330 (Impact factor: 1.79, Q3) United Kingdom.
9. Role of catalytic protein and stabilizing agents in transformation of Ag ions to nanoparticles by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Jafar Ali; Abdul Hameed; Safia Ahmed; Muhammad Ali; Shama Zainab; Naeem Ali. IET Nanobiotechnology, ISSN, 1751-8741, DOI: 10.1049/iet-nbt.2015.0093 , Available online: 03 March 2016 (Impact Factor: 1.41, Q4)
10. Performance Evaluation of Integrated Constructed Wetland for Domestic Waste Water Treatment. Shama Sehar ; Iffat Naz ; Sumera Khan ; Sana Naeem ; Irum Perveen ; Naeem Ali ; Safia Ahmed. Water and Environment Research, Online ISSN: 1061-4303 DOI: 10.2175/106143016X14504669767814, Available online: 01 March 2016 (Impact Factor: 0.89, Q3/Q4).
11. Characterization of Electrical Current-Generation Capabilities from Thermophilic Bacterium Thermoanaerobacter pseudethanolicus Using Xylose, Glucose, Cellobiose, or Acetate with Fixed Anode Potentials. Bradley G. Lusk ; Qaiser Farid Khan ; Prathap Parameswaran ; Abdul Hameed ; Naeem Ali ; Bruce E. Rittmann ; and Cesar I. Torres. Environmental Science & Technology, Online ISSN: ISSN 0013-936X DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.5b04036, 2015, 49 (24), pp 14725–14731. (Impact Factor: 5.39,Q1)
12. Green Synthesis of Metal nanoparticles by microorganisms; a current prospective. Shama Zainab ; Jafar Ali ; Naeem Ali. Journal of Nanoanalysis (2015). 2(1): 32-38. ISSN, 2383-0344. (Impact factor: 0.101)
13. A comparative study of macrophytes influence on wastewater treatment through subsurface flow hybrid constructed wetland. Shama Sehar ; Sumera ; Sana Naeem ; Irum Perveen ; Naeem Ali ; Safia Ahmed. Ecological Engineering, Online ISSN, 0925-8574. DOI: 10.1016/j. Volume 81, August 2015, Pages 62–69 (Impact Factor: 2.74, Q1).
14. Differential effects of cadmium and chromium on growth, photosynthetic activity, and metal uptake of Linum usitatissimum in association with Glomus intraradices. Masood ; Tehmeena Mukhtar, Muhammad Aqeel Kamran ; Mazhar Rafique ; Muhammad Farooq Hussain Munis. Environmental monitoring and assessment, Online ISSN: 1573-2959. 2015 Jun;187(6):311. doi: 10.1007/s10661-015-4557-8 (Impact factor 1.633, Q2).
15. Performance evaluation of stone-media pro-type pilot-scale trickling biofilter system for municipal wastewater treatment. Iffat Naza ; Wajid Ullaha ; Shama Sehara ; Abdul Rehmana ; Zia Ullah Khanab ; Naeem Ali ; Safia Ahmed. Desalination and Water Treatment. Online ISSN: 1944 3994. DOI: 10.1080/19443994.2015.1081111, 57(34) · July 2015. (Impact factor 1.272, Q2/Q3).
16. Isolation and Antibiogram of Clostridium tetani from Clinically Diagnosed Tetanus Patients. Hajra Hanif ; Awais Anjum ; Naeem Ali ; Asif Jamal ; Muhammad Imran ; Bashir Ahmad ; Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali. The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene, Online ISSN: 0002-9634. DOI:10.4269/ajtmh.15-0040, 2015 Oct 7; 93(4): 752–756 (Impact Factor: 2.453, Q1/Q2)
17. Mathematical modeling of bioprocess variables for improved production of Rhamnolipid from P. aeruginosa JQ. Asif jamal ; Muhammad Zahid Qureshi ; Naeem ali ; Muhammad Ishtiaq ali. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Online ISSN: 2076-0906 53(3) · June 2015. (Impact Factor: 0.67, Q3)
18. Analysis of paint degradation by fungal and bacterial species. Shumaila Ishfaq ; Naeem Ali ; Isfahan Tauseef ; Muhammad Nasir Khan Khattak ; Zabta Khan Shinwari ; Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali. Pakistan Journal of Botany, Online ISSN: 2070-3368. 47(2):753-760 · April 2015. 47(2):753-760 (Impact factor 0.658, Q2).
19. Performance Efficiency of an Integrated Stone Media Fixed Biofilm Reactor and Sand Filter for Sewage Treatment. Zia Ullah Khan ; Iffat Naz ; Abdul Rehman ; Muhammad Rafiq ; Naeem Ali ; Safia Ahmed. Desalination and Water Treatment, Online ISSN: 1944 3994. DOI: 10.1080/19443994.2014.903521, Volume 54, Number 10, 5 June 2015, pp. 2638-2647(10) (Impact factor: 1.272, Q2/Q3).
20. Assessment of biological trickling filter systems with various packing materials for improved wastewater treatment. Iffat Naz ; Davendra P. Saroj ; Sadia Mumtaj ; Naeem Ali; Safia Ahmed. Environmental Technology, ISSN, 0959-3330. DOI: 10.1080/09593330.2014.951400, 2015 Jan-Feb; 36(1-4):424-34. (Impact Factor: 1.79, Q2/Q3).
21. Biocontrol efficacy of different isolates of Trichoderma against soil borne pathogen Rhizoctonia solani. Syed Ahmed Asad ; Naeem Ali ; Abdul Hameed ; Sabaz Ali Khan, Rafiq Ahmad, Muhammad Bilal, Muhammad Shahzad, Ayesha Tabassum. Polish Journal of Microbiology. ISSN 0137-1320, 2014;63(1):95-103 (Impact Factor: 0.93, Q3/Q4).
22. Enhanced Production of Rhamnolipids by Pseudomonas aeruginosa JQ927360 Using Response Surface Methodology. Asif Jamal ; Muhammad Zia Qureshi ; Naeem Ali ; Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali ; Abdul Hameed. Asian Journal of Chemistry, ISSN, 0970-7077. DOI:10.14233/ajchem.2014.15851, Available online: 15 February 2014 (Impact factor: 0.14, Q4).
23. Isolation and molecular characterization of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic degrading fungal isolates. Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali ; Safia Ahmed ; Goeff Robson ; Imran Javed ; Naeem Ali ; Naima Atiq, Abdul Hameed. Journal of basic Microbiology, ISSN, 1521-4028. DOI 1002/jobm.201200496, Available online: 20 May 2013 (Impact factor: 2.05, Q2).
24. Mycogenesis of silver nanoparticles by different Aspergillus species. Syed Zeeshan Haider Naqvi ; Shama Zainab ; Abdul Hameed, Safia Ahmed ; Naeem Ali. Scientia Iranica Transactions of Nanotechnology, ISSN : 2345-3605 . Available online: 9 August 2013 (Impact factor: 0.83, Q1).
25. Bacterial Succession and degradative changes by biofilm on plastic for wastewater treatment. Nazia Khatoon ; Iffat Naz ; Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali ; Naeem Ali ; Asif Jamal ; Abdul Hameed ; Safia Ahmed. Journal of Basic Microbiology, ISSN, 1521-4028. DOI: 10.1002/jobm.201300162, Available online: 25 September 2013 (Impact factor: 2.05, Q2).
26. Appraisal of the tire derived rubber (TDR) medium for wastewater treatment under aerobic and anaerobic conditions. Iffat Naz; Nazia Khatoon; Muhammad Ali ; Davendra Saroj, Syeda Batool, Naeem Ali, Safia Ahmed. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, ISSN: 1097-4660. DOI: 10.1002/jctb.4161, Available online: 9 August 2013. (Impact factor: 2.738, Q1/Q2).
27. Penicillium verruculosum SG; a source of polyketide and bioactive compounds with varying cytotoxic activities against normal and cancer cell lines. Salma Gul Shah ; W. Thomas Shier, Jamaluddin, Nawaz Tahir, Abdul Hameed ; Safia Ahmad ; Naeem Ali. Archives of Microbiology, ISSN: 1432-072X. DOI: 10.1007/s00203-013-0945-z, Available online: 23 February 2014 (Impact factor: 1.760, Q3).
28. Combined efficacy of biological synthesis silver nanoparticles and different antibiotics against multiple drug resistant bacteria. Syed Zeeshan Haider Naqvi ; Urooj Kiran, Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali ; Asif Jamal ; Abdul Hameed ; Safia Ahmed ; Naeem Ali, International Journal of Nanomedicine, ISSN, 1178-2013. DOI: 10.2147/IJN.S49284, Available online: 20 August 2013 (Impact factor: 4.320, Q1).
29. Biodegradation of Starch Blended Polyvinyl Chloride Films by Newly Isolated Phanerochaete chrysosporium PV1. Muhammad Ishtiaq ; Safia Ahmed ; Imran Javed ; Naeem Ali ; Naima Atiq ; Abdul Hameed ; Goeff Robson. International Journal of Environmental Science Technology, ISSN: 1735-2630. DOI: 10.1007/s13762-013-0220-5, Available online: 26 March 2013 (Impact factor: 2.344, Q2/Q3).
30. Monitoring of growth and physiological activities of biofilm during succession on polystyrene from activated sludge under aerobic and anaerobic conditions. Iffat Naz ; Syeda Ain ul Batool, Naeem Ali, Nazai Khatoon, Naima Atiq, Abdul Hameed ; Safia Ahmed. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, ISSN: 1573-2959. DOI: 10.1007/s10661-013-3072-z, Available online 30 January 2013. (Impact factor: 1.633, Q2)
31. Analysis of elemental concentration using ICP-AES and Pathogen Indicator in Drinking Water of Qasim Abad, District Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Shama Sehar ; Iffat Naz ; Naeem Ali; Safia Ahmed. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, ISSN: 1573-2959. DOI: 10.1007/s10661-012-2620-2. Available online: 29 April 2012 (Impact factor: 1.63, Q2).
32. Reduction of Contaminants (Physical, Chemical, and Microbial) in Domestic Wastewater through Hybrid Constructed Wetland. Shama Sehar ; Rabia Aamir ; Iffat Naz; Naeem Ali; Safia Ahmed. ISRN Microbiology, ISSN:2090-7486. DOI: 10.1155/2013/350260, Available online: 2 May 2013
33. Physico-chemical and microbiological analysis of drinking water quality and epidemiological study of district Neelum, Azad Jammu and Kashmir. Sadiqullah Khan; Naeem Ali; Syed Shahid Ali. A Scientific journal of COMSATS – Science Vision, ISSN 1818-4952. Available online: January 2012.
34. Sequential Application of Plastic Media-Trickling Filter and Sand Filter for Domestic Wastewater Treatment at Low Temperature Condition. Abdul Rehman; Iffat Naz, Zia Ullah Khan; Muhammad Rafiq; Naeem Ali; Safia Ahmad. British Biotechnology Journal, ISSN: 2231-2927. Available online: October 2012.
35. Role of brown rot fungi in the bioremoval of Azo dyes under different conditions. Naeem Ali; Abdul Hameed; Safia Ahmed. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, ISSN 1678-4405. DOI: 10.1590/S1517-83822010000400009, Available online: 1 December 2010 (Impact factor: 0.96, Q4).
36. Physicochemical characterization and Bioremediation perspective of textile effluent, dyes and metals by indigenous Bacteria. Naeem Ali; Abdul Hameed; Safia Ahmed. Journal of Hazardous Materials, ISSN 1678-4405. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.08.006, Available online: 15 May 2009; (Impact factor: 4.836, Q1).
37. Decolorization of structurally different textile dyes by Aspergillus niger SA1. Naeem Ali; Ikramullah; Gosia Lutfullah; Abdul Hameed; Safia Ahmed. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, ISSN: 1573-0972. DOI: 10.1007/s11274-007-9577-2, Available online: 18 October 2008 (Impact factor: 1.532, Q2/Q3).
38. Decolorization of Acid red 151 by Aspergillus niger SA1 under different physicochemical conditions. Ali N., A. Hameed., S. Ahmed & Abdul Ghafur Khan. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, ISSN: 1573-0972. DOI: 10.1007/s11274-007-9581-6, Available online: 3 November 2007 (Impact factor: 1.532, Q2/Q3)
39. Protozoidal activities of Eucalyptus cammeldulensis, Dalbergia sissoo and Acacia arabica woods and their different parts on the entozoic flagellates of Heterotermes indicola and Coptotermes heimi. Naveeda Akhtar Qureshi ; Muhammad Zahid Qureshi; Naeem Ali; Muhammad Athar; Aziz Ullah. Africal journal of Biotechnology, ISSN: 0168-1656. DOI: 10.5897/AJB12375, Available online 17 July 2012. (Impact factor: 0.44)
40. Isolation and screening of protease producing thermophilic Bacillus strains from different soil types of Pakistan. ; Maryum Shafique, Muhammad Ishtiaq Ali; Imran Javed; Bashir Ahmad, Asif Jamal; Naeem Ali; Abdul Hameed. African Journal of Microbiology, ISSN: 1996-0808. DOI: 10.5897/AJMR10.297, Available online: 23 December 2011 (Impact factor: 0.41, Q4) (Nigeria).
41. Application of Aspergillus niger SA1 for the enhanced bioremoval of azo dyes in simulated textile effluent. Naeem Ali; Abdul Hameed; Muhammad Faisal Siddiqui, Pir Bux Ghumro; Safia Ahmed. African Journal of Biotechnology, ISSN: 1684-5315. Available online: 18 August 2009.
42. Biotreatment of anthraquinone dye Drimarene Blue K2RL. Siddiqui M. F., S. Andleeb, N. Ali, P. B. Ghumro, S. Ahmed. Afr. J. Environ. Sci. Technol., ISSN: 1996-0786. 2010; 4(1): 045-050 (Nigeria)
43. Up flow Immobilized fungal Column reactor for the treatment of anthraquinone dye Drimarene blue K2RL. Siddiqui, M. F., S. Andleeb, N. Ali, P. B. Ghumro, S. Ahmed. Afr. J. Biotechnol., ISSN: 1684-5315. 2009; 8(20): 5570-5577.
· Speaker, Energy from Bio Fuel Cell. 4rth Invention to Innovation Summit. Sponsored by IRP, PSF, in Punjab University, March 4-5, 2015.
· Iffat Naz, Zia Ullah Khan, Naeem Ali, Safia Ahmed. Removal of pollution indicators from sewage by fixed film bioreactor and sand filter at low temperature, 1st Global Conference on Environmental Studies, Ankara, Turkey; 04/2013.
· Jonathan P. Badalamenti, Oluyomi Ajulo, Qaiser F. Khan, Prathap Parameswaran, Naeem Ali, Abdul Hameed, Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, and César I. Torres. Characterization of newly-discovered anode-respiring bacteria. 4th International Microbial Fuel Cells Conference, 1-4 September 2013, Australia.
· Role of Effective Microbes in Waste Water Treatment Bioreactors. Appropriate and Advanced Wastewater Treatment Technologies, Workshop, January 30, 2014. School of Engineering and Applied Science, The George Washington University, DC. USA.
· Two Day Training Workshop on SPSS and End Note, November 7-8, 2013. Organized by; Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC), Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad. PK.
· Evaluation Fungus Evaluation of Coloured Secondary Metabolites from a Newly Isolated Fungus
· Nov 23, 2012, “Treatment of Domestic Waste Water by Small Scale Constructed Wetland Under Different HRT Regimes” ASA, CSSA, and SSSA Annual Meetings (Oct. 21-24) in Cincinnati, OH.USA.
· August 4, 2011, “Characterization of nanomaterials synthesized by Aspergillus species” 36th International Nathia Gali Summer Science College (INSC) on Physics Conference “Analytical tools for NANO MATERIALS”, NCP, Islamabad. Pakistan (Third Prize).
· August 10, 2011, “Small Scale Sewage Treatment and Wastewater Reuse System for Pakistan”, workshop on a Project funded by USAID, in; Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, George Washington University, Washington DC, USA.
· November 21-22, 2009, “Up-flow immobilized fungal column reactor for the treatment of anthraquinone dye Drimarene blue K2RL”. 1st National conference of Microbiology “New Horizons of Microbiology”, Department of Microbiology, Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur Sindh, Pakistan.
· Heavy metal contaminated Textile industry effluents and role of plants and their indigenous microbial population in its natural remediation. International Symposium on Environmental Toxicology of Metals and Metalloids.
Environ. Chem.., Toxicology and Health, South Mole island, Queensland, Australia, 1- 5 -2002.
· Biotechnological approaches for the treatment of Textile dyes Drimarine blue K2RL and Sulfur black by Penicillium chrysogenum (MRL1). Inter Conference on Environmental Challenges, March 11-13, 2004.
· Application of different fungal species in the Bioremoval of Acid Red 151. Proceedings; Fifth International Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology. Karachi. Pakistan. 10-15, 2005.
· Safia Khatoon, Naeem Ali and S.Ahmed Biotechnological applications of dries fungal biomass on dye decolorization in batch and column techniques, Presented at 2nd National Conference on “Biotechnology and Emerging Sciences” , 15-17 March 2005 at BUITMS Quetta.
· Roohi. A., Ali N. and Ahmed. S. Biotechnological approaches for the treatment of Textile Dyes Drimarine blue K2RL and Sulfur black by Penicillium chrysogenum (MRL1‑) 1st international conference on environmental challenges, March 11-13, 2004, Peshawar Pakistan
· Isolation and characterization of various fungal strains from textile industry effluents. 20th Zoological Conference, Jamshoro, Sind (Pak), in March 2009.
· May 3, 2010, 2nd IPR Conference, by Intellectual Property Organization – Pakistan (IPO-P).
· May 10-12, 2010, “National Executive Management Seminar on Application of Nuclear Techniques in Water Quality Management and Ecological Research”, Organizer: Isotope Application Division. Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology (PINSTECH).
· January 13-14, 2009, Regional Conference on “Climate Change: Challenges and Opportunities for South Asia”, Organized by IUCN, Islamabad.
· 2004, Workshop on, “Identification, Maintenance and Preservation of Microorganisms” organized by Microbiology Research Laboratory, Dept. of Biological Sciences. Quaid-i-Azam University. Islamabad.
· May 2, 2006 to May 16, 2006, Training on Teaching of Biology, by Federal Directorate of Education, Islamabad.
· Course: 2001, Sexually Transmitted Diseases Score=2.94/4, 2001, Anatomy and Physiology: Score = 3.0/4, Brainbench.com. (http/brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=2375801).