Molecular Plant Pathology
Genetic diversity of pathogens
Application of green nano-particles for disease control
Expression profiling of defense-related genes
Transgenic research for disease control
Biocontrol of plant diseases
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS (Total IF = 230.648)
1. Akbar M, Haroon U, Ali M, Tahir K, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH (2022). Mycosynthesized Fe2O3 nanoparticles diminish brown rot of apple whilst maintaining composition and pertinent organoleptic properties. Journal of Applied Microbiology. doi: 10.1111/jam.15483. IF = 3.772.
2. Ali M, Wang X, Haroon U, Chaudhary HJ, Kamal A, Ali Q, Saleem MH, Mfarrej MFB, Alatawi A, Ali S, Munis MFH (2022). Antifungal activity of Zinc nitrate derived nano ZnO fungicide synthesized from Trachyspermum ammi to control fruit rot disease of grapefruit. Ecotoxicol. Environ. Saf. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2022.113311. IF = 6.291.
3. Kamal A, Saleem MH, Alshaya H, Okla MK, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH (2022). Ball-milled synthesis of maize biochar-ZnO nanocomposite (MB-ZnO) and estimation of its photocatalytic ability against different organic and inorganic pollutants. Journal of Suadi Chemical Society, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2022.101445. IF = 3.932.
4. Nisa SG, Farooq MA, Iqbal U, Fatima A, Ahmad Z, Tabassam S, Waseem S, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH (2022) Incidence and detection of wilting pathogen and Sugarcane mosaic virus (SCMV) in Pakistan. Journal of Phytopathology, https://doi.org/10.1111/jph.13097. IF = 1.789.
5. Haroon U, Khizar M, Liaquat F, Ali Musrat, Akbar M, Tahir K, Batool SS, Kamal A, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2021. Halotolerant plant growth‑promoting rhizobacteria induce salinity tolerance in wheat by enhancing the expression of SOS genes. 2021. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation https://doi.org/10.1007/s00344-021-10457-5. IF = 4.169.
6. Liaquat F, Haroon U, Munis MFH, Arif S, Khizar M, Ali W, Shengquan C, Qunlu L. 2021. Efficient recovery of metal tolerant fungi from the soil of industrial area and determination of their biosorption capacity. Environmental Tech. & Inn. DOI: 10.1016/j.eti.2020.101237, IF = 5.263.
7. Ali J, Ali F, Ahmad I, Rafique M, Munis MFH, Hassan SW, Sultan T, Iftikhar M, Chaudhary HJ. 2021. Mechanistic elucidation of germination potential and growth of Sesbania sesban seedlings with Bacillus anthracis PM21 under heavy metals stress: An in vitro study. Ecotoxicol. Environ. Saf. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2020.111769. IF = 6.291.
8. Qunlu L, Liaquat F, Munis MFH, Arif S, Haroon U, Ashraf M, Saqib S, Zaman W, Shengquan C. 2021. PacBio Single-molecule long-read sequencing reveals genes tolerating manganese stress in Schima superba saplings. Frontiers in Genetics. 12. IF=4.599.
9. Qunlu L, Liaquat F, He Y, Zhang C, Munis MFH. 2021. Functional annotation of a full-length transcriptome and identification of genes associated with flower development in Rhododendron simsii (Ericaceae). Plants, https://doi.org/10.3390/ plants10040649 IF=3.935.
10. Khizar M, Haroon U, Kamal A, Inam W, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2021. Evaluation of virulence potential of Aspergillus tubingensis and subsequent biochemical and enzymatic defense response of cotton. Microscopy Research and Tech. ttps://doi.org/10.1002/jemt.23832. IF=2.769.
11. Manghwar H, Hussain A, Ali Q, Saleem MH, Abualreesh MH, Alatawi A, Ali S, MFH Munis. 2021. Disease Severity, Resistance Analysis, and Expression Profiling of Pathogenesis-Related Protein Genes after the Inoculation of Fusarium equiseti in Wheat. Agronomy 2021, 11, 2124. IF= 3.417.
12. Haroon U, Liaquat F, Khizar M, Akbar M, Saleem H, Arif S, Ali W, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2021. Isolation of Halotolerant Bacteria from Rhizosphere of Khewra Salt Mine Halophytes and their Application to Induce Salt Tolerance in Wheat. Geomicrobiology Journal. 10.1080/01490451.2021.1946624. IF = 2.308.
15. Amna, Mahmood T, Khan UN, Amin B, Javed MT, Mehmood S, Farooq MA, Sultan T, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2021. Characterization of bio‐fabricated silver nanoparticles for distinct anti‐fungal activity against sugarcane phytopathogens. Microscopy Res and Techniques. ttps://doi.org/10.1002/jemt.23708. IF=2.769
16. Mehmood S, Khan AA, Shi F, Tahir M, Sultan T, Munis MFH, Kaushik P, Alyemeni MN, Chaudhary HJ. 2021. Alleviation of Salt Stress in Wheat Seedlings via Multifunctional Bacillus aryabhattai PM34: An in-vitro Study. Sustainability 13 (14): 8030. IF = 3.251.
17. Afridi MS, Van Hamme JD, Bundschuh J, Khan MN, Salam A, Waqar M, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2021. Biotechnological approaches in agriculture and environmental management-bacterium Kocuria rhizophila 14ASP as heavy metal and salt-tolerant plant growth-promoting strain. Biologia, pp.1-15. IF = 1.350.
18. Mehmood S, Muneer MA, Tahir M, Javed MT, Mahmood T, Afridi MS, Paripaker N, Abbasi HA, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2021. Deciphering distinct biological control and growth promoting potential of multi-stress tolerant Bacillus subtilis PM32 for potato stem canker. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants (Accepted). IF = 2.391
19. Zainab N, Amna, Khan AA, Azeem MA, Ali B, Wang T, Shi F, Alghanem SM, Munis MFH, Hashem M, Chaudhary HJ. 2021. PGPR-Mediated Plant Growth Attributes and Metal Extraction Ability of Sesbania sesban L. in Industrially Contaminated Soils. Agronomy, 11, 1820. IF = 3.417
20. Ali M, Haroon U, Khizar M, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2021. Scanning electron microscopy of bio-fabricated Fe2O3 nanoparticles and their application to control brown rot of citrus. Microscopy Res. and Techniques, 84(1):101-110. IF=2.769.
21. Khan, A.A., Wang, T., Hussain, T., Ali, F., Shi, F., Latef, A.A.H.A., Ali, O.M., Hayat, K., Mehmood, S., Zainab, N. and Muneer, M.A., 2021. Halotolerant-Koccuria rhizophila (14asp)-Induced Amendment of Salt Stress in Pea Plants by Limiting Na+ Uptake and Elevating Production of Antioxidants. Agronomy, 11(10), p.1907. IF=3.417
22. Mehmood, S., Khatoon, Z., Amna, Ahmad, I., Muneer, M.A., Kamran, M.A., Ali, J., Ali, B., Chaudhary, H.J. and Munis, M.F.H., 2021. Bacillus sp. PM31 harboring various plant growth-promoting activities regulates Fusarium dry rot and wilt tolerance in potato. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, pp.1-15. IF=3.092
23. Ali J, Wang X, Rafique M, Ahmad I, Fiaz S, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ (2021). Phytoremediation of cadmium contaminated soil using Sesbania sesban L. in association with Bacillus anthracis PM21: A biochemical analysis. Sustainability, 13, 13529. IF = 3.251.
24. Khizar M, Shi J, Saleem S, Liaquat F, Ashraf M, Latif S, Haroon U, Hassan SW, Rehman SU, Chaudhary HJ, Quraishi UM, Munis MFH. 2020. Resistance associated metabolite profiling of Aspergillus leaf spot in Cotton through non-targeted metabolomics. PLoS ONE, 15(2): e0228675, IF = 3.240.
25. Rafique M, Ortas I, Rizwan M, Chaudhary HJ, Gurmani AR, Munis MFH. 2020. Residual effects of biochar and phosphorus on growth and nutrient accumulation by maize (Zea mays L.) amended with microbes in texturally different soils. Chemosphere, doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.124710. IF = 7.086.
26. Rasool A, Nasim W, Xiao T, Ali W, Shafeeque M, Sultan SR, Fahad S, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2020. Microbial diversity response in thallium polluted riverbank soils of the Lanmuchang. Ecotoxicol. Environ. Saf. 187, p. 109854. IF = 6.291.
27. Zainab N, Din BU, Javed MT, Afridi MS, Mukhtar T, Kamran MA, Khan AA, Ali J, Jatoi WN, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2020. Deciphering metal toxicity responses of flax (Linum usitatissimum L.) with exopolysaccharide and ACC-deaminase producing bacteria in industrially contaminated soils. Plant Physiol. Biochem. doi: 10.1016/j.plaphy.2020.04.039. IF = 4.270.
28. Menhas S, Hayat K, Niazi NK, Zhou P, Amna, Bundschuh J, Naeem M, Munis MFH, Yang X, Chaudhary HJ. 2020. Microbe-EDTA mediated approach in the phytoremediation of lead-contaminated soils using maize (Zea mays L.) plants. Int. J. Phytoremediation, 1-13. IF = 3.212.
29. Din BU, Amna, Rafique M, Javed MT, Kamran MA, Mehmood S, Khan M, Sultan T, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2020. Assisted phytoremediation of chromium spiked soils by Sesbania Sesban in association with Bacillus xiamenensis PM14: A biochemical analysis. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 146:249-258. IF = 4.270.
30. Sunera, Saqib S, Uddin S, Zaman W, Ullah F, Ayaz A, Asghar M, Rehman SU, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2020. Characterization and phytostimulatory activity of bacteria isolated from tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L.) rhizosphere. Microbial Pathogen. 103966. IF = 3.738.
31. Amna, Xia Y, Farooq MA, Javed MT, Kamran MA, Mukhtar T, Ali J, Tabassum T, ur-Rehman S, Munis MFH, Sultan T, Chaudhary HJ. 2020. Multi-stress tolerant PGPR Bacillus xiamenensis PM14 activating sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum L.) red rot disease resistance. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 151: 640-649. IF = 4.270.
32. Khizar M, Haroon U, Ali M, Arif S, Shah IH, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2020. Aspergillus tubingensis causes leaf spot of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) in Pakistan. Phyton- Int. Journal of Exp. Botany, DOI: 10.32604/phyton.2020.08010. IF = 1.039.
33. Ali M, Haroon U, Khizar M, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2020. Facile single step preparations of phyto-nanoparticles of iron in Calotropis procera leaf extract to evaluate their antifungal potential against Alternaria alternata. Current Plant Biology, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpb.2020.100157.
34. Hayat K, Menhas S, Bundschuh J, Zhou P, Niazi NK, Amna, Hussain A, Hayat S, Ali H, Wang J, Khan AA, Ali A, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2020. Plant growth promotion and enhanced uptake of Cd by combinatorial application of Bacillus pumilus and EDTA on Zea mays L. Int. J. Phytoremediation, 1-13. IF = 3.212.
35. Liaquat F, Munis MFH, Haroon U, Arif S, Saqib S, Zaman W, Khan AR, Shi J, Che S, Liu Q. 2020. Evaluation of Metal Tolerance of Fungal Strains Isolated from Contaminated Mining Soil of Nanjing, China." Biology (Basel) 9, no. 12 (2020): 469. IF = 5.079.
36. , ,, ,,Cd-tolerant SY-2 strain of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia: a potential PGPR, isolated from the Nanjing mining area in China. 3 Biotech, doi: 10.1007/s13205-020-02524-7. IF = 2.406
37. Islam AU, Javed MW, Akram M, Rahman J, Tahir M, Munis MFH, Farooq ABU. 2020. First report of apple mosaic virus in peach in Pakistan. J. Plant Pathol, 1-1. IF = 1.729.
38. Alam T, Munis MFH. 2019. Alternaria alternata causing leaf and fruit spot of olive in Pakistan. Plant Disease, https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-08-18-1448-PDN. IF = 4.438.
39. Saqib S, Zaman W, Ullah F, Majeed I, Ayaz A, Munis MFH. 2019. Organometallic assembling of chitosan‐Iron oxide nanoparticles with their antifungal evaluation against Rhizopus oryzae. Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 33:11 e5190. IF = 4.105.
40. Amna, Din BU, Sarfraz S, Xia Y, Kamran MA, Javed MT, Sultan T, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2019. Mechanistic elucidation of germination potential and growth of wheat inoculated with exopolysaccharide and ACC- deaminase producing Bacillus strains under induced salinity stress. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 183: 109466. IF = 6.291.
41. Liaquat F, Munis MFH, Arif S, Liu Q. 2019. Presence of Aspergillus tubingensis causing leaf spot disease of Hellebores species in Shanghai, China. Plant Disease. https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-07-18-1226-PDN. IF=4.438.
42. Arif S, Munis MFH, Liaquat F, Shah IH, Zhang Y. 2019. Leaf rot caused by Rhizopus oryzae on pak choy (Brassica campestris ssp. chinensis) in China. Phytopathologia Mediterranea 58(1): 213-217. IF = 2.020.
43. Saqib S, Munis MFH, Zaman W, Ullah F, Shah SN, Ayaz A, Farooq M, Bahadur S. 2019. Synthesis, characterization and use of iron oxide nano particles for antibacterial activity. Microscopy research and technique. doi: 10.1002/jemt.23182. IF = 2.769.
44. Liaquat F, Liu Q, Arif S, Shah IH, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2019. First report of brown rot caused by Rhizopus arrhizus on tomato in Pakistan. J. Plant Pathol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42161-019-00320-8. IF = 1.729.
45. Sani SGAS, PL Chang, A Zubair, N Carrasquilla-Garcia, M Cordeiro, RV Penmetsa, MFH Munis, SV Nuzhdin, DR Cook, EJ von Wettberg. 2018. Genetic diversity, population structure and genetic correlation with climatic variation in Chickpea (Cicer arietinum) landraces from Pakistan. Plant Genome, 123:149-159. IF = 4.089.
46. Manghwar H, Hussain A, Ullah A, Gul S, Ali M, Shaban M, Sani SGAS, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2018. Expression analysis of defense related genes in wheat and maize against Bipolaris sorokiniana. Physiol. Mol. Plant Path. IF = 2.747.
47. Munis MFH, Shicheng X, Hakim, Chaudhary HJ, Masood S, Farooq ABU. 2018. Diagnosis of Fusarium graminearum in soil and plant samples of Wheat by real-time PCR. Romanian Biotechnological Letters, 23:14035-42.
48. Hakim, Ullah A, Hussain A, Shaban M, Khan AH, Alariqi M, Gul S, Jun Z, Lin S, Li J, Jin S, Munis MFH 2018. Osmotin: A plant defense tool against biotic and abiotic stresses. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 123:149-159. IF =4.270.
49. Arif S, Liaquat F, Khizar M, Shah IH, Inam W, Chaudhary HJ, Farooq ABU, Munis MFH. 2017. First report of Rhizopus oryzaecausing fruit rot of yellow oleander in Pakistan. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07060661.2017. 1363819IF = 2.442.
50. Gillani RA, Shenaz N, Matloob S, Haq F, Ngah WSW, Nasim W, Munis MFH, Rehman A, Chaudhary HJ. 2017. Biosorption of Cr (III) and Pb (II) by endophytic Agrobacterium tumefaciens 12b3: equilibrium and kinetic studies. Desalination and Water Treatment, 67: 206-214. IF =1.254.
51. Ali B, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2017. Influence of endophytic Bacillus pumilus and EDTA on the phyto-extraction of Cu from soil by using Cicer arietinum. International Journal of Phytoremediation. 19(1):14-22. IF = 3.212.
52. Liaquat F, Arif S, Ashraf M, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH, Farooq ABU 2016. Aspergillus niger causes fruit rot of lemon and grapefruit in Pakistan. Plant Disease, http://dx.doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-02-16-0199-PDN. IF=4.438.
53. Liaquat F, Arif S, Khan AR, Shah IH, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2016. First report of Fusarium rot caused by Fusarium oxysporum on grapefruit in Pakistan. J. Plant Path. http://dx.doi.org/10.4454/JPP.V98I3.069. IF=1.729.
54. Masood S, Iqbal M, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2016. Subcellular compartmentation of sugars in wheat leaves under the influence of salinity and boron toxicity. Journal of Plant Nutrition, DOI: 10.1080/15435075.20015.1088855. IF = 1.707.
55. Wajid N, , , , , , Correlation studies on nitrogen for sunflower crop across the agroclimatic variability. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 4:3658-3670. IF = 4.223.
56. Gilani RA, Rafique M, Rehman A, Munis MFH, Rehman SU, Chaudhary HJ. 2016. Biodegradation of chlorpyrifos by bacterial genus Pseudomonas. J. Basic Microbiol. 56(2):105-119. IF = 2.281.
57. Sirajuddin, Khan A, Ali L, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH, Bano A, Masood S. 2016. Bacillus pumilus alleviates boron toxicity in tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum L.) due to enhanced antioxidant enzymatic activity. Sci. Hort. 200:178-185. IF = 3.463.
58. Muhammad N, Hakim, Quraishi UM, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2016. Indole-3-Acetic acid induces biochemical and physiological changes in Wheat under drought stress conditions. Philipp. Agric. Sci. 99(1):19-24. IF = 0.250.
59. Ziaf K, Munis MFH, Zhang X, Li J, Zhang J, Ye Z. 2016. Characterization of ERD15 gene from cultivated tomato (Solanum lycopersicum). Pak. J. Agri. Sci. 53(1): 27-33. IF = 0.748.
60. Kamran MA, Eqani SAMAS, Bibi S, Xu R, Amna, Munis MFH, Katsoyiannis A, Bokhari H, Chaudhary HJ. 2016. Bioaccumulation of nickel by E. sativa and role of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPRs) under nickel stress. Ecotoxico. Environ. Saf. 126: 256-263. IF = 6.291.
61. Haq F, Ali H, Shuaib M, Badshah M, Hassan SW, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2016. Recent progresses in bioethanol production from lignocellulosic materials. Int. J. Green Energy. DOI:10.1080/15435075.2015.1088855. IF = 2.459.
62. Ullah A, Mushtaq H, Ali H, Munis MFH, Javed MT, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Diazotrophs-assisted phytoremediation of heavy metals: a novel approach. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 22(4): 2505-2514. IF = 4.223.
63. Kamran MA, Syed JH, Eqani SAMAS, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Effect of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria inoculation on cadmium (Cd) uptake by Eruca sativa. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 22 (12): 9275-9283. IF = 4.223.
64. Amna, Masood S, Syed JH, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Phyto-extraction of nickel by Linum usitatissimum inassociation with Glomus intraradices. Int. J. Phytoremediation. 17 (10): 981-987. IF = 3.212.
65. Amna, Ali N, Masood S, Mukhtar T, Kamran MA, Rafique M, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Differential effects of cadmium and chromium on growth, photosynthetic activity, and metal uptake of Linum usitatissimum in association with Glomus intraradices. Environ. Monit. Assess. 187(6):45-57. IF = 2.513.
66. Ullah Yang X.2015. Phytoremediation of heavy metals assisted by plant growth promoting (PGP) bacteria: A review. Environ. Exp. Bot. 117: 28-40. IF = 5.545., Heng , Munis , Fahad ,
67. Hakim, Naz S, Gul S, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2015. First report of Rhizopus oryzae causing fruit rot of Citrus medica L. in Pakistan. Joural of Plant Pathol. 97(1). IF=1.729.
68. Hakim, Naz S, Liaquat F, Gul S, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2015. Presence of Bacillus pumilus causing fruit rot of Ficus lacor in Pakistan. J. Plant Pathol. 97(3). IF=1.729.
69. Kamran MA, Mufti R, Mubariz N, Syed JH, Bano A, Javed MT, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2014. The potential of the flora from different regions of Pakistan in phytoremediation: a review. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 21(2): 801-812. IF = 4.223.
70. Ibrahim T, Bano A, Chaudhary HJ, Imran M, Mehmood Z, Hassan SW, Muhammad N, Naqvi SAH, Munis MFH. 2014. Evaluation of different inoculation methods for the infection of H. sativum in Wheat. Philipp. J. Crop Sci. 39: 27-33. IF = 0.265.
71. Nasim W, Ahmad A, Hammad HM, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2012. Effect of nitrogen on growth and yield of sunflower under semiarid conditions of Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot. 44(2): 639-648. IF = 0.972.
72. Munis MFH, Tu L, Ziaf K, Tan J, Deng F, Zhang X (2010). Critical osmotic, ionic and physiological indicators of salinity tolerance in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) for cultivar selection. Pak. J. Bot. 42(3), 1685-1694. IF = 0.972.
73. Munis MFH, Tu L, Deng F, Tan J, Xu L, Xu S, Long L, Zhang X (2010). A thaumatin-like protein gene involved in cotton fiber secondary cell wall development enhances resistance against Verticillium dahliae and other stresses in transgenic tobacco. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 393(1), 38-44. IF = 3.575.
- Poster presentation in 4th Annual UC Davis Postdoctoral Research Symposium April 23rd, 2018, University of California, Davis, USA
- Participated in UC Davis Plant Science Symposium, April 16th, 2018, University of California, Davis, USA
- “Oral presentation” and “Session Chairing” in “10th Annual International Conference on Agricultural Research” 10-13 July 2017, Athens, Greece.
- Participated in “International Cotton Genome Initiative (ICGI) Research Conference” Anyang, China on July 8-11, 2008.
- Organized “12th national and 3rd international conference of Botany”, at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan on September 1-3, 2012.
- Attended three day training workshop on “Communication skills” at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan on September 19-21, 2012.
- Participated in conference entitled “Contemporary issues in biosciences” University of Wah, Pakistan on March 29, 2017.
1. Isolation and characterization of defense-related genes in wheat variety “Shafaq 2006". Funded by Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan.
2. Molecular characterization of fungi causing fruit rot of citrus and drupes and their control with nanofungicides. Funded by Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan.
1. Over-expression of β-1,3-glucanases in Chickpea to create resistance against Ascochyta blight and Fusarium wilt. Funded of PARC, Pakistan
2. Viral Sanitary Status of Temperate Fruits (grapes, pome fruits, stone fruits etc.) in Pakistan. Funded by Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan.