Genetic diversity of pathogens
Application of green nano-particles for disease control
Expression profiling of defense-related genes
Transgenic research for disease control
Publications (Total Impact Factor = 55.5)
1. Alam T, Munis MFH. 2018. Alternaria alternata causing leaf and fruit spot of olive in Pakistan. Plant Disease, https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-08-18-1448-PDN. IF=2.941
2. Sani SGAS, PL Chang, A Zubair, N Carrasquilla-Garcia, M Cordeiro, RV Penmetsa, MFH Munis, SV Nuzhdin, DR Cook, EJ von Wettberg. 2018. Genetic Diversity, Population Structure, and Genetic Correlation with Climatic Variation in Chickpea (Cicer arietinum) Landraces from Pakistan. Plant Genome, 123:149-159. IF=2.73
4. Liaquat F, Munis MFH, Arif S, Liu Q. 2018. Presence of Aspergillus tubingensis causing leaf spot disease of Hellebores species . Plant Disease, https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-07-18-1226-PDN. IF=2.941
5. Munis MFH, Shicheng X, Hakim, Chaudhary HJ, Masood S, Farooq ABU. 2018. Diagnosis of Fusarium graminearum in soil and plant samples of Wheat by real-time PCR. Romanian Biotechnological Letters, 23:14035-42. IF=0.321
6. Hakim, Ullah A, Hussain A, Shaban M, Khan AH, Alariqi M, Gul S, Jun Z, Lin S, Li J, Jin S, Munis MFH 2017. Osmotin: A plant defense tool against biotic and abiotic stresses. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 123:149-159. IF=2.72
7. Arif S, Liaquat F, Khizar M, Shah IH, Inam W, Chaudhary HJ, Farooq ABU, Munis MFH. 2017. First report of Rhizopus oryzae causing fruit rot of yellow oleander in Pakistan. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07060661.2017. 1363819IF=0.898
8. Gillani RA, Shenaz N, Matloob S, Haq F, Ngah WSW, Nasim W, Munis MFH, Rehman A, Chaudhary HJ. 2017. Biosorption of Cr (III) and Pb (II) by endophytic Agrobacterium tumefaciens 12b3: equilibrium and kinetic studies. Desalination and Water Treatment, 67: 206-214. IF=1.383
9. Ali B, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2017. Influence of endophytic Bacillus pumilus and EDTA on the phyto-extraction of Cu from soil by using Cicer arietinum. International Journal of Phytoremediation. 19(1):14-22. IF=1.886
10. Liaquat F, Arif S, Ashraf M, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH, Farooq ABU. 2016. Aspergillus niger causes fruit rot of lemon and grapefruit in Pakistan. Plant Disease, http://dx.doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-02-16-0199-PDN. IF=2.941
11. Liaquat F, Arif S, Khan AR, Shah IH, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2016. First report of Fusarium rot caused by Fusarium oxysporum on grapefruit in Pakistan. Journal of Plant Pathology, http://dx.doi.org/10.4454/JPP.V98I3.069. IF=0.944.
12. Masood S, Iqbal M, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2016. Subcellular compartmentation of sugars in wheat leaves under the influence of salinity and boron toxicity. Journal of Plant Nutrition, DOI: 10.1080/15435075.20015.1088855. IF=0.565
13. , , , , , , Correlation studies on nitrogen for sunflower crop across the agroclimatic variability. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 4:3658-3670. IF=2.8
14. Gilani RA, Rafique M, Rehman A, Munis MFH, Rehman SU, Chaudhary HJ. 2016. Biodegradation of chlorpyrifos by bacterial genus Pseudomonas. J. Basic Microbiol. 56(2):105-119. IF=1.58
15. Sirajuddin, Khan A, Ali L, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH, Bano A, Masood S. 2016. Bacillus pumilus alleviates boron toxicity in tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum L.) due to enhanced antioxidant enzymatic activity. Sci. Hort. 200:178-185. IF=1.76
16. Muhammad N, Hakim, Quraishi UM, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2016. Indole-3-Acetic acid induces biochemical and physiological changes in Wheat under drought stress conditions. Philipp. Agric. Sci. 99(1):19-24. IF=0.298
17. Ziaf K, Munis MFH, Zhang X, Li J, Zhang J, Ye Z. 2016. Characterization of ERD15 gene from cultivated tomato (Solanum lycopersicum). Pak. J. Agri. Sci. 53(1): 27-33. IF=0.677
18. Chaudhary HJ. . Bioaccumulation of nickel by E. sativa and role of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPRs) under nickel stress. Ecotoxicon. Environ. Saf. 126: 256-263. IF=3.974
19. Haq F, Ali H, Shuaib M, Badshah M, Hassan SW, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2016. Recent progresses in bioethanol production from lignocellulosic materials. Int. J. Green Energy. DOI:10.1080/15435075.2015.1088855. IF=1.171
20. Ullah A, Mushtaq H, Ali H, Munis MFH, Javed MT, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Diazotrophs-assisted phytoremediation of heavy metals: a novel approach. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 22(4): 2505-2514. IF=2.8
21. Kamran MA, Syed JH, Eqani SAMAS, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Effect of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria inoculation on cadmium (Cd) uptake by Eruca sativa. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 22(12): 9275-9283. IF=2.8
22. Amna, Masood S, Syed JH, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Phyto-extraction of nickel by Linum usitatissimum in association with Glomus intraradices. Int. J. Phytoremediation. 17 (10): 981-987. IF=1.866
23. Amna, Ali N, Masood S, Mukhtar T, Kamran MA, Rafique M, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2015. Differential effects of cadmium and chromium on growth, photosynthetic activity, and metal uptake of Linum usitatissimum in association with Glomus intraradices. Environ. Monit. Assess. 187(6):45-57. IF=1.804
25. Hakim, Naz S, Gul S, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2015. First report of Rhizopus oryzae causing fruit rot of Citrus medica L. in Pakistan. J. Plant Pathol. 97(1). IF=0.944
26. Hakim, Naz S, Liaquat F, Gul S, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2015. Presence of Bacillus pumilus causing fruit rot of Ficus lacor in Pakistan. J. Plant Pathol. 97(3). IF=0.944
27. Kamran MA, Mufti R, Mubariz N, Syed JH, Bano A, Javed MT, Munis MFH, Chaudhary HJ. 2014. The potential of the flora from different regions of Pakistan in phytoremediation: a review. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 21(2): 801-812. IF=2.8
28. Ibrahim T, Bano A, Chaudhary HJ, Imran M, Mehmood Z, Hassan SW, Muhammad N, Naqvi SAH, Munis MFH. 2014. Evaluation of different inoculation methods for the infection of Helminthosporium sativum in Wheat. Philipp. J. Crop Sci. 39: 27-33. IF=0.211
29. Nasim W, Ahmad A, Hammad HM, Chaudhary HJ, Munis MFH. 2012. Effect of nitrogen on growth and yield of sunflower under semiarid conditions of Pakistan. Pak. J. Bot. 44(2): 639-648. IF=0.75
30. Munis MFH, Tu L, Deng F, Tan J, Xu L, Xu S, Long L, Zhang X. 2010. A thaumatin-like protein gene involved in cotton fiber secondary cell wall development enhances resistance against Verticillium dahliae and other stresses in transgenic tobacco. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 393: 38–44. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2010.01.069. IF=2.559
31. Munis MFH, Tu L, Ziaf K, Tan J, Deng F, Zhang X. 2010. Critical osmotic, ionic and physiological indicators of salinity tolerance in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum l.) for cultivar selection. Pak. J. Bot. 42 (3): 1685-1694. IF=0.75
- Participated in “International Cotton Genome Initiative (ICGI) Research Conference” Anyang, China on July 8-11, 2008.
- Organized “12th national and 3rd international conference of Botany”, at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan on September 1-3, 2012.
- Attended three day training workshop on “Communication skills” at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan on September 19-21, 2012.
- Participated in conference entitled “Contemporary issues in biosciences” University of Wah, Pakistan on March 29, 2017.
- “Oral presentation” and “Session Chairing” in “10th Annual International Conference on Agricultural Research” 10-13 July 2017, Athens, Greece.
- Participated in UC Davis Plant Science Symposium, April 16th, 2018, University of California, Davis, USA
- Poster presentation in 4th Annual UC Davis Postdoctoral Research Symposium April 23rd, 2018, University of California, Davis, USA