Microbial diseases of livestock and humans
(1) Usman M, Ahsan A, Rasheed T, Farooq U, Ameen, MK, Zahur AB, Khan SU (2019). Genetic Characterization of Peste des Petits Ruminants Virus Circulating in Different Regions of Pakistan based on Nucleocapsid Gene Sequence. Japanese Journal of Veterinary Research 67(1): 139-144.
(2) Khatoon H, Afzal F, Tahir MF, Hussain M, Khan SU (2018). Prevalence of Mycoplasmosis and antibiotic susceptibility of Mycoplasma gallisepticum in commercial chicken flocks of Rawalpindi Division, Pakistan. Pakistan Veterinary Journal 38 (4): 446-448.
(3) Ahmad T, Khan I, Razzaq S, Khan SU, Akhtar R (2017). Prevalence of Bovine Brucellosis in Islamabad and Rawalpindi Districts of Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Zoology 49 (3): 1123-1126.
(4) Sun M, Gao J, Ali T, Yu D, Zhang S, Khan SU, Fanning S, Han B (2017). Characteristics of Aerococcus viridans isolated from bovine subclinical mastitis and its effect on milk SCC, yield, and composition. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 49 (4): 843–849.
(5) Farooq U, Latif A, Irshad H, Ullah, A, Zahur AB, Naeem, K, Khan SU, Ahmed Z, Rodriguez LL, Smoliga G (2015). Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP): a new approach for the detection of foot-and-mouth disease virus and its serotypes in Pakistan. Iranian Journal of Veterinary Research 16 (4): 331-334.
(6) Shamas S, Khan SU, Khan MY, Shabbir N, Zubair H, Shafqat S, Wahab F, Shahab M (2015). Fasting induced kisspeptin signaling suppression is regulated by glutamate mediated cues in adult male rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta). Neuropeptides 52: 39–45.
(7) Aziz G, Nawaz M, Anjum AA, Yaqub T, Ahmed M, Nazir J, Khan SU, Aziz K (2015). Isolation and characterization of phytase producing bacterial isolates from soil. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 25 (3): 771-776.
(8) Shamas S, Khan SU, Shahab M (2015). Expression of Kisspeptin (Kiss1), Kisspeptin Receptor (Kiss1r), NMDA Receptor Subunit (NR1) and GABA Catalysing Enzyme (GAD67) Genes in the Hypothalamus of Male Rhesus Macaque: Correlative Changes with Seasonal Breeding. Acta Endocrinologica (Buc) 11 (1): 18-25.
(9) Waseeullah R, Zahur AB, Latif A, Dasti JI, Zahra R, Khan SU (2015). Mild Form of Peste des Petits Ruminants Virus (PPRV) in Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Zoology 47 (1): 276-279.
(10) Tariq AR, Shahab M, Clarke IJ, Pereira A, Smith JT, Khan SU, Sultan J, Javed S, Anwar T (2013). Kiss1 and Kiss1 receptor expression in the rhesus monkey testis: a possible local regulator of testicular function. Central European Journal of Biology 8 (10): 968-974.
(11) Suleman M, Khan SU, Riaz MN, Yousaf M, Shah A, Ishaq R, Ghafoor A (2012). Calpastatin (CAST) gene polymorphism in Kajli, Lohi and Thalli sheep breeds. African Journal of Biotechnology 11 (47): 10655-10660.
(12) Khan SU, Riaz MN, Ghaffar A, Khan MFU (2012). Calpastatin (CAST) Gene polymorphism and its association with daily weight gain in Balkhi and Kajli sheep and Beetal goat breeds. Pakistan Journal of Zoology 44 (2): 377-382.
(13) Riaz, MN, Malik NA, Nasreen F, Qureshi JA, Khan SU (2012). Genetic variability in the kappa-casein gene in Sahiwal, Cholistani and Red Sindhi cattle breeds. International Journal of Dairy Technology 65 (2): 208-211.
(14) Khan SU, Schröder M (2008). Engineering of chaperone systems and of the unfolded protein response. Cytotechnology 57: 207–231.
(15) Wykes RCE, Bauer CS, Khan SU, Weiss JL, Seward EP (2007). Differential regulation of endogenous N- and P/Q-Type Ca2+ channel inactivation by Ca2+/Calmodulin impacts on their ability to support exocytosis in chromaffin cells. Journal of Neuroscience 27 (19): 5236-5248.
(16) Hui H, McHugh D, Hannan M, Zeng F, Xu S-Z, Khan SU, Levenson R, Beech DJ, Weiss JL (2006). Calcium-sensing mechanism in TRPC5 channels contributing to retardation of neurite outgrowth. Journal of Physiology (Lond) 572: 165-172.
(17) Lynch NJ, Khan SU, Stover CM, Sandrini SM, Marston D, Presanis JS, Schwaeble WS (2005). Composition of the lectin pathway of complement in Gallus gallus: absence of mannan-binding lectin associated serine protease-1 in Birds. Journal of Immunology 174: 4998-5006.
(18) Khan SU, Sheikh MA, Muhammad K (1998). Studies on efficacy of alum precipitated haemorrhagic septicaemia vaccine. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 8 (3-4): 87-91.
(19) Khan SU, Sahota AW (1997-98). A study on the incidence of colibacillosis in chickens maintained in Tehsil Murree. Annual Progress Report, Poultry Development Centre (PRI), Rawalpindi, Pakistan. pp 33.
(20) Bhatti BM, Sahota AW, Khan SU, Iftikhar N, Jahangir M (1997-98). A study on the problems of rural poultry maintained in Rawalpindi/Islamabad. Annual Progress Report, Poultry Development Centre (PRI), Rawalpindi, Pakistan. pp 32.